MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

'Absurd' that Malaysia does not have LCCTs, says AirAsia chief Tony Fernandes

If this happens, good news for BKI T1 then. Will open up more opportunities for North Asian carriers to operate during the day into BKI. T1 gets kinda congested these days. 

From a pure passenger experience standpoint, meaning without taking into account PSC, I wonder if anyone really prefers LCCT to conventional terminal?

1 hour ago, jani said:

From a pure passenger experience standpoint, meaning without taking into account PSC, I wonder if anyone really prefers LCCT to conventional terminal?

From a pure passenger experience standpoint I’m sure anyone would prefer a Changi T3 over a conventional terminal.

TF seems to indicate bringing more international flight to Tawau and Sandakan. As for the T2, I guess it everyone's guess if MAHB will allow them to use it again. MAHB has much more urgent matters to handle these days......IT breakdown, leaking roof at KLIA, loooong queue at KLIA2......

probably ask Air Asia to use T2 and paying the same PSC as KKIA T1, see what Tony gonna say about it. LOL. See, we gave you the space for your expansion, now keep your head down and do your job. Lol Lol.

IIRC when AirAsia moved to T1, T2 was already operating above capacity. So some renovations will be needed if they want to increase pax throughput at T2.

6 hours ago, jani said:

Everyone will say they prefer the LCCT.

Until Red Cap strands you for 6 hours without recourse because of "weather".

In August, my friend was also stranded overseas for 7½ hours on MH - the cause was MAHBs IT cockup.

Again, no recourse as well.... Consumer protection in this country is not the same as it is in places like the EU.

Edited by flee

9 hours ago, flee said:

In August, my friend was also stranded overseas for 7½ hours on MH - the cause was MAHBs IT cockup.

Again, no recourse as well.... Consumer protection in this country is not the same as it is in places like the EU.

Well at least he has other things to do at the MTB.

What can you do if you face the same problem in the shed?

2 hours ago, Mohd Suhaimi Fariz said:

Well at least he has other things to do at the MTB.

What can you do if you face the same problem in the shed?

Not stuck at the MTB - was overseas and already checked out of the hotel, so had to spend all that waiting time at an mosquito infested airport that is worse than even the old cow shed LCCT.

There are things to do at MTB?? That's something new to me. Even the Satellite Terminal has nothing much to do.......

Here is a piece of advice, grab a book or magazine. It will kill the waiting time....

Just now, JuliusWong said:

There are things to do at MTB?? That's something new to me. Even the Satellite Terminal has nothing much to do.......

Here is a piece of advice, grab a book or magazine. It will kill the waiting time....

Well, there are still some spaces free of commercial kiosks at the satellite terminal where I can do a bit of plane spotting! But at some overseas airports, basic facilities like air conditioning are also sub standard.

for instant, MAS move to T2 and AK remain in T1. LOL.... 😂

anyway, i just couldn't accept they create another confusing/hard-to-pronounce name for the Terminal 2 as KKIA2! better just stick back to T2 or Terminal 2. 

3 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

As someone who have spent a better part of a day voluntarily waiting for a flight (my sister sent me there in the morning, my flight with KLM was in the afternoon!), yes there are plenty of things to do before you go airside at the MTB.

Or you can hop over to klia2 and go shopping - which I did, buying myself a proper hardshell carry-on suitcase.

Can't do that at the shed.

21 hours ago, Mohd Suhaimi Fariz said:

Everyone will say they prefer the LCCT.

Until Red Cap strands you for 6 hours without recourse because of "weather".

I am puzzled why anyone would prefer an LCCT.

It is one thing to criticize MAHB if they think they are doing poorly, but another matter altogether to say they prefer an LCCT :D

1 hour ago, jani said:

I am puzzled why anyone would prefer an LCCT.

It is one thing to criticize MAHB if they think they are doing poorly, but another matter altogether to say they prefer an LCCT :D

T2 BKI and LCCT KUL have one thing in common - an airy and spacious departure lounge. I just hate those cramped and congested departure rooms that we have in klia2, some with pax spilling onto the corridors. However, if the terminal operates at above capacity, that it becomes very uncomfortable for pax. Still one cannot beat the simplicity of the LCCT and T1 BKI because things move along quickly.

I would say that even when foreigners had to wait in the immigration queue at LCCT, it was in a more comfortable and spacious environment. Immigration at klia2 arrivals is simply an afterthought - poor pax flow and cramped.

1 hour ago, flee said:

T2 BKI and LCCT KUL have one thing in common - an airy and spacious departure lounge. I just hate those cramped and congested departure rooms that we have in klia2, some with pax spilling onto the corridors. However, if the terminal operates at above capacity, that it becomes very uncomfortable for pax. Still one cannot beat the simplicity of the LCCT and T1 BKI because things move along quickly.

I would say that even when foreigners had to wait in the immigration queue at LCCT, it was in a more comfortable and spacious environment. Immigration at klia2 arrivals is simply an afterthought - poor pax flow and cramped.

Now they need to rip out the Duty Free stores and put in more immigration counters, adui..........future planning or proper planning does not exist in Malaysia.......nada, nil, mei you.......

In KK getting to T1 and T2 isn't the same as getting to KLIA1 and KLIA2 from KUL.  While T1 is accessible via a 4 lane highway both ways, there is only 1 way going in and out of T2 which is the same road accessing the Tanjung Aru beaches and resorts.  This road is very jam during peak hours and on weekends.

The other idea mooted by the government is to shift the airport to a location about an hours drive from the city.  This would solve the congestion at KKIA now and unlikely to deter tourist arrival.  Now this is HUGE project with potential to create plenty of opportunities - new roads, maybe even monorail etc.  Have to keep in mind though that currently only AK is blaming the lack of space, but in the meantime the Korean carriers are mounting more and more flights to BKI.

If TF is planning to buy the piece of land, well, the land may already be a part of a bigger and more controversial TAED project.

11 hours ago, Waiping said:

If TF is planning to buy the piece of land, well, the land may already be a part of a bigger and more controversial TAED project.

Or it could be purpose of land purchase not for use as an airport terminal in long term plans ? :)

15 hours ago, flee said:

T2 BKI and LCCT KUL have one thing in common - an airy and spacious departure lounge.

hehe... BKI T2 departure lounge is spacious enough if holding 2-3 flight (normal 70-80% loads) in same time. but i ever experience 4-5 flight of passenger squeezing in the departure lounge, with the single wash room (forget about the smell, just the queue will kill lots of your time), only 4 or 6 immigration counter... as of Arrival is another horrible nightmare, if night peak hours arrival is "fine", at least when the queue out of the immigration hall still wont feel the warm welcome, but if during 12-2pm, the peak hour have to queue for immigration out of the building under the hot sun. i ever experience is before we could queue in the building, the same aircraft is prepared for push back.  

for picking up passenger at T2 also another nightmare, the long traffic queue to in and out of the terminal, the parking space available. imagine packing up all kind of vehicle from personal motor vehicle, taxi/e-hailing vehicles, tourist van & bus, in the tiny 3 lanes.. if let say one full flight required 120 vehicle to clear the crowd, when 4-5 flights arrive side by side mean up to 600 vehicle around there... 😂

Edited by Samuel Chy

Yes, that is why I said renovations will be needed if they want to bring T2 back into service - maybe the upper floor also needs to be used for pax movements.

As for the traffic and parking arrangements, only a new purpose built airport can solve it! 

4 hours ago, flee said:

Yes, that is why I said renovations will be needed if they want to bring T2 back into service - maybe the upper floor also needs to be used for pax movements.

As for the traffic and parking arrangements, only a new purpose built airport can solve it! 

is needed T2 to accommodate AK volume, i think they need double up the current one, or 2/3 of T1. 

Funny TF said moving to T1 will slow AK's growth but here we are - T1 is already too small... So, did TF bullshit or did AK do an exceptional job to avoid growth slowdown?

as of my last updates Ak currently based 9 aircraft in BKI, and additional will come maybe. in T2, only have 9 bay, which one bay reserved for raya. another bay for other movement like Private jets, off-shores hellicopter, military. unless at least 2-3 of their aircraft must be flying somewhere

Sign in to follow this