MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Mavcom has failed the aviation sector

I think it is the congestion and not so much the queuing that is causing a lot of problems for pax, including Malaysian passport holders.

The duty free counters ought to be relocated as its purpose is defeated if there are lengthy immigration queues and congestion. Pax are late and will be in a hurry to leave - not in the mood for shopping anymore!

8 hours ago, KK Lee said:

It doesn't mean KUL shouldn't, need not or couldn't be improved or better.

Again, how does MAVCOM help in this issue? None of us are saying it shouldn't be improved.

Like I said many times before, I don't see why CAAM cannot fulfil their functions. Just look at the UK's CAA, they have such wide ranging functions - even rescuing stranded pax from collapsed travel companies! Mavcom is just there to reward political supporters with "employment".

Edited by flee

AirAsia hits out at Mavcom over RAB framework's 'punitive elements'

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 7): AirAsia Group Bhd, the largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in Asia, has once again hit out at the Malaysian Aviation Commission (Mavcom), this time over the aviation regulator’s insistence on pushing through what AirAsia claims to be certain punitive elements within its new regulatory asset base (RAB) framework.

“The RAB should be a fair framework if done with the right intention and purpose. Unfortunately, we foresee that cross subsidising between profitable and non-profitable airports will continue under the current RAB proposition," AirAsia group president of airlines Bo Lingam said in a statement today.

On Oct 23, Mavcom announced that it is in the final stages of completing its RAB framework which forms the basis for funding and developing the airport network in the country.

Full report here: https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/airasia-hits-out-mavcom-over-rab-frameworks-punitive-elements

11 hours ago, flee said:

AirAsia hits out at Mavcom over RAB framework's 'punitive elements'

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 7): AirAsia Group Bhd, the largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in Asia, has once again hit out at the Malaysian Aviation Commission (Mavcom), this time over the aviation regulator’s insistence on pushing through what AirAsia claims to be certain punitive elements within its new regulatory asset base (RAB) framework.

“The RAB should be a fair framework if done with the right intention and purpose. Unfortunately, we foresee that cross subsidising between profitable and non-profitable airports will continue under the current RAB proposition," AirAsia group president of airlines Bo Lingam said in a statement today.

On Oct 23, Mavcom announced that it is in the final stages of completing its RAB framework which forms the basis for funding and developing the airport network in the country.

Full report here: https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/airasia-hits-out-mavcom-over-rab-frameworks-punitive-elements

"Is it fair to get LCC passengers, who not only are unable to enjoy these expensive facilities at KLIA but forced to put up with inhospitable conditions at klia2, to pay the same passenger service charge (PSC) rates?" he asked."

Yes Bo, it's fair. Why? Because KLIA passengers had to subsidize klia2 passengers prior to this even though the MTB is worse for wear. And enough with the inhospitable conditions at klia2. Compared to the shack at LCCT, it's a palace. And compared to the MTB, it's still more comfortable.

I wonder what would the "expensive" facility in MTB is he referring to? Not that there is free lounges or complimentary porter service the way he is implying.

Again, its AirAsia. Why am i surprised.

1 hour ago, Mohd Suhaimi Fariz said:

Yes Bo, it's fair. Why? Because KLIA passengers had to subsidize klia2 passengers prior to this even though the MTB is worse for wear. And enough with the inhospitable conditions at klia2. Compared to the shack at LCCT, it's a palace. And compared to the MTB, it's still more comfortable.

They keep saying that they did not need the RM 4+ B airport. They just wanted a bigger RM 1.7 B shed. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Mohd Suhaimi Fariz said:

"Is it fair to get LCC passengers, who not only are unable to enjoy these expensive facilities at KLIA but forced to put up with inhospitable conditions at klia2, to pay the same passenger service charge (PSC) rates?" he asked."

T1 pax subsidize T2? this is something new. If klia2 gateway is detached from T2, T2 is no more comfortable than T1 MTB.

18 minutes ago, flee said:

They keep saying that they did not need the RM 4+ B airport. They just wanted a bigger RM 1.7 B shed. :rofl:

They don't need it, but the passengers surely do.

3 minutes ago, KK Lee said:

T1 pax subsidize T2? this is something new. If klia2 gateway is detached from T2, T2 is no more comfortable than T1 MTB.

Not really. Only those who are in TF's reality distortion field think it's new.

1 hour ago, JuliusWong said:

Hahahaha,  Klia2 more comfortable  than MTB.... Joke of the day....

Have you been to the MTB lately? The aircon no longer cools down the building effectively & cosmetic-wise the terminal looks to have worn down so much.

The only problem with klia2 is the number of people in the terminal, but other than that it's still a more comfortable place to be in, especially if you're stranded for 6 hours because the airline in question didn't feel fit to inform you that they've canceled their flight.

So far in 2019, 50% of my flights were made from KLIA and the remainder was from klia2. I cannot say that klia2 felt more comfortable, even though my flights departed and arrived on time.

And the RAB rants... Lol. Right on moment when MavComm potentially be disbanded. You 

He did post a photo recent on his IG on the uneven surface at KLIA2. 

Yes, I remember this one - the plane can't park and needs to be towed to and from the bay because of the sinking apron.

Sinking apron is a common issue in BKK as well. Hence some airline have policies on not carrying out single engine taxi there, they are also not allowed to start their engines during pushback due to this. 

I'll save the applause when it's actually proven that merging MAVCOM and CAAM will not erode consumer rights.

I seriously doubt that it will be more efficient & cost effective. I mean, just look at e-hailing and how it was screwed up by the MoT's arbitrary actions.

15 hours ago, Mohd Suhaimi Fariz said:

I mean, just look at e-hailing and how it was screwed up by the MoT's arbitrary actions.

E-hailing and aviation are different industries - aviation has all the rules and regulations already in place. MoT were merely catching up with e-hailing because there were no proper rules and regulations for that industry.