MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Shahridan Aziz

New Airport Proposals For Penang- A game changer?

so long government no need to fork out any money, and KXP is managed by a separate company from MAHB, it will be a very good thing to see. So KXP will compete with PIA to ensure their survival and make a good role model and also proudly calling themself a game changer.

I agree, but government would also do not want to lose money on existing infra (i.e. PEN) if KXP does indeed succeed, so the ball is on Penang government to keep the competition up.

I agree, but government would also do not want to lose money on existing infra (i.e. PEN) if KXP does indeed succeed, so the ball is on Penang government to keep the competition up.

PIA still got a lot of potential which MAHB able to unlock, it's all about the question on the willingness. So, i personally likes to see the rise of KXP with the condition that there's no single cent from the government (trust me, in the end, government will not directly fund it, keyword is directly.).

Without gomen explicit guarantee, no bank will loan to infrastructure project of this size.

Edited by KK Lee

Sign in to follow this