MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
I. Wong

MAB New Economy Lite Fares (No Checked Luggage)

Very likely the check in agents and cabin crews will be getting short end of the stick from uninformed passengers. Decision makers blind deaf and dumb to their grouses

This removal of "snack and beverage from Economy Lite" decision, if I may opine, will hurt and return to bite those (presumably well intentioned) bean counters at MAB

Meal options I can understand (perhaps conditioned so already on AK/D7 flights) but to have crew go through the vetting procedure just for sake of a packet of peanuts and a drink of juice/water ........ real pettiness :rolleyes:

For those who are curious, those who hold oneworld Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald on other airlines (i.e. BA, IB, QF, CX, etc.) are also entitled to the same free checked baggage allowance for Enrich Silver, Gold and Platinum on Economy Lite fares.

Therefore, a person holding BA Gold (oneworld Emerald, equivalent to Enrich Platinum) will get 15kg on Economy Lite.

Im pretty sure that in the some airlines exempt the super cheap fares from the frequent flyer perks. Happy to be corrected,

This removal of "snack and beverage from Economy Lite" decision, if I may opine, will hurt and return to bite those (presumably well intentioned) bean counters at MAB

Meal options I can understand (perhaps conditioned so already on AK/D7 flights) but to have crew go through the vetting procedure just for sake of a packet of peanuts and a drink of juice/water ........ real pettiness :rolleyes:

Took a flight from KUL to Medan today and talked to the air stewardess and they are not even sure about it. So far they are serving meals, snacks and drinks to everyone.

Im pretty sure that in the some airlines exempt the super cheap fares from the frequent flyer perks. Happy to be corrected,

Can confirm this. Called MH as well as endured a 2-day Twitter exchange which confirmed that oneworld status pax will get the same as Enrich members on Economy Lite.

BA is one example. The lite fares with hand luggage only apply across the board, with FFP status or not. But apart from that, other FFP status perks apply.

Can confirm this. Called MH as well as endured a 2-day Twitter exchange which confirmed that oneworld status pax will get the same as Enrich members on Economy Lite.

Yes, it is updated on their website: https://mhcare.malaysiaairlines.com/faq/s/article/How-much-is-my-free-baggage-allowance?language=en_US

For Lite fare, no more free 5kg, 10kg and 15kg for elite members as posted earlier

Yes, it is updated on their website: https://mhcare.malaysiaairlines.com/faq/s/article/How-much-is-my-free-baggage-allowance?language=en_US

For Lite fare, no more free 5kg, 10kg and 15kg for elite members as posted earlier

Nope, you need to refer here: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich/news-promotions/update_of_baggage_allowance/update_of_baggage_allowance.html

MAB if you are going to charge passengers for snacks you better make it a justified improvement. Serve snacks like curry puff/kuih/ more choice of snacks or sandwiches! If it's just peanuts then it's very silly

You are better of just having Buy on board instead of this silly vetting procedure

MAB if you are going to charge passengers for snacks you better make it a justified improvement. Serve snacks like curry puff/kuih/ more choice of snacks or sandwiches! If it's just peanuts then it's very silly

You are better of just having Buy on board instead of this silly vetting procedure

The U turn might boil down to this - will MAB be able to offer BOB and make it profitable, given the high cost of its catering contract and limited routes for such 'income generating' endeavour.? Or it might be due to wrong loading of info by the IT dept, of which I'm surprised at all.

Be like BA.. Sell Marks and Spencer biscuits and sandwiches....

AK food choices aplenty but ain't cheap. Just buy from McD and allow pax to bring on-board. That's all.

Edited by Waiping

AK food choices aplenty but ain't cheap. Just buy from McD and allow pax to bring on-board. That's all.

10 RM for a meal incl water not cheap enough?????

A small portion serving with small bottled water ya, and I think is RM12?

Edited by Waiping

A small portion serving with small bottled water ya, and I think is RM12?

When you preorder its RM10.

And hey.."small portion"...then order 2 meals for RM20.....thats less then 5 USD oder around 4 Euro.

20190314_112506u7kl1.jpg

In which world you are living? What do you expect for RM10?

Compare it with other airlines in the region..Scoot for example.

Edited by Holger

When you preorder its RM10.

And hey.."small portion"...then order 2 meals for RM20.....thats less then 5 USD oder around 4 Euro.

20190314_112506u7kl1.jpg

In which world you are living? What do you expect for RM10?

Compare it with other airlines in the region..Scoot for example.

RM 10 on the ground will get you a much larger portion than this.

Then u are not being fair. RM10 for 1/2 portion means 20 for a proper meal. This is same practice as not including all prices/taxes until when you check out. Typical AK practice.

No fret. For me it's expensive. I'll fly AK last if I have to.

Again let the pax buy from McD for less than 5 euros no problem. Be it MH or AK.

Edited by Waiping

Then u are not being fair. RM10 for 1/2 portion means 20 for a proper meal. This is same practice as not including all prices/taxes until when you check out. Typical AK practice.

Again let the pax buy from McD for less than 5 euros no problem. Be it MH or AK.

if thats expensive u will go hungry on jetstar.Coffee is $5 (RM16),a horrible looking smashed sandwich is $9 (almost $30)!AK hot food prices for RM10 is a bargain at 35,000 feet.

I think you have a point about the size of their portions - they did try to sell some extras (side orders) but I don't find them to be worth paying for.

However, I don't think food is my priority when flying with AK as I usually eat before departure and eat again (if I am hungry) on arrival!

Coming back to MH, it looks like they are trying out some of the revenue boosting measures of European airlines. However, they don't seem to know how to keep it simple. When you have too many rules and catergories, you will not only confuse the pax, you also confuse the crew!!!

How will that work onboard? More work for the crew then?

Erm... economy lite passenger can only choose the back seats?? so those who seats at the back no snacks...

Ive checked with the flight attendants yesterday from KUL SIN KUL sector and so far they serve everyone snacks and drinks. No discrimination.

Ive checked with the flight attendants yesterday from KUL SIN KUL sector and so far they serve everyone snacks and drinks. No discrimination.

That's because the new ticket policy hasn't fully applied yet. Many are flying on tickets booked prior to the new policy.

Utter nonsense.

How is that nonsense? Sounds perfectly logical to me, kind of like how smoking seats were assigned when smoking was allowed on planes.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Sign in to follow this