MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

KLIA improvements

18 hours ago, Pall said:

Not sure about klia2, rarely go there. But KLIA1 toilet cleanliness are definitely commendable. The one beside KFC is probably the best, the Bangladeshi cleaner will even serve you tissues from the dispenser as you wash your hands past the sink area. 

I met the same cleaner too, he is very courteous.

7 hours ago, Silverfly07 said:

Fine, KLIA can't be compared to changi because of etc etc.

But seriously KLIA got so much potential to beat many top 10 airports, example Incheon, narita and hong kong. Problem with KLIA is, they never improve nor keep their infrastructure up to date. Check-in counters are still the same for God knows how long. At least patch up, put some wooden floors like incheon or change the dull coloured tiles. Airport lighting can be quite dim especially @ MTB international dep hall. And clearly, there is a lack of F&B outlets especially after 9pm.

Also recently, many retail outlets, cafes, and even CIMB bank closed. I thought it was due to renovation. But upon enquiring, they say its totally closed down. Wonder for what reason? Anyone to enlighten?

Another thing, the " Purple Carpet " @ MTB departure hall is so dull... Its just simply  hideous. If it belongs to someone, MAB should instruct them to remove it asap.

Toilet side, yes they seriously improved a lot. Kudos to that, but the toilet bowl flush is so strong it can wet your shoes/trousers. And the toilet still got that funny smell. Wonder what detergent they are using. No doubt users are largely to be blamed also. BTW, The most beautiful and comfortable airport toilets i've experienced is not even Changi. That title belongs to Jakarta New Terminal & Bali. :)

The language consistentcy on the signboard is also an issue. The older one has Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, Japan language, English. The newer one only Bahasa Malaysia and English. In some places, signboard are missing halfway. 

Similarly, I noticed as you did a lot of shop areas have been hoarded up.  I hope MAHB is bringing in some new shops and not those usual ones. 

As for carpet, unless MAHB has deep pocket like Changi who can change it every two- three years, better stick to tile flooring.

3 hours ago, Craig said:

I prefer to take the paper towel myself. You have no idea what the other person has touched 😁

Firstly, that's gross. Secondly, that means poop water is aerosolized in the toilet 🤢

Those hand dryer are infested with bacteria no matter how the manufacturers spin it. My friend working in the industry said once "those anti bacteria" whatever tagline is fake.

9 hours ago, Silverfly07 said:

Fine, KLIA can't be compared to changi because of etc etc.

But seriously KLIA got so much potential to beat many top 10 airports, example Incheon, narita and hong kong. Problem with KLIA is, they never improve nor keep their infrastructure up to date. Check-in counters are still the same for God knows how long. At least patch up, put some wooden floors like incheon or change the dull coloured tiles. Airport lighting can be quite dim especially @ MTB international dep hall. And clearly, there is a lack of F&B outlets especially after 9pm.

Also recently, many retail outlets, cafes, and even CIMB bank closed. I thought it was due to renovation. But upon enquiring, they say its totally closed down. Wonder for what reason? Anyone to enlighten?

Another thing, the " Purple Carpet " @ MTB departure hall is so dull... Its just simply  hideous. If it belongs to someone, MAB should instruct them to remove it asap.

Toilet side, yes they seriously improved a lot. Kudos to that, but the toilet bowl flush is so strong it can wet your shoes/trousers. And the toilet still got that funny smell. Wonder what detergent they are using. No doubt users are largely to be blamed also. BTW, The most beautiful and comfortable airport toilets i've experienced is not even Changi. That title belongs to Jakarta New Terminal & Bali. :)

I agree with you fully m8,never mind changi now its a forbidden zone,due $,workforce etc etc.But klia can stand-on its own bloody 2 feet and clean its act up,unfortunately thats us malaysians we do things the best,mega shiny then leave it alone for 20 years,that includes me,my condo for example.Thanks tho for doing the toilets there were amazing.

Sign in to follow this