MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

KLIA improvements

Deunden Nikomborirak, research director at Thailand Development Research Institute, cited data that showed the average duty-free expenditure in Thailand at $47 per passenger, compared with $260 at South Korea's Incheon International Airport, which has 12 companies running duty-free operations.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Retail/Thai-luxury-mall-triggers-fight-with-airport-heavyweight

Mahb should be abstained from operating duty free.

Deunden Nikomborirak, research director at Thailand Development Research Institute, cited data that showed the average duty-free expenditure in Thailand at $47 per passenger, compared with $260 at South Korea's Incheon International Airport, which has 12 companies running duty-free operations.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Retail/Thai-luxury-mall-triggers-fight-with-airport-heavyweight

Mahb should be abstained from operating duty free.

Believe MAHB should print its own money instead. Better not rely on retail revenue, PSC, landing fees etc.

Nice to see charging stations at Klia,was at gate H2 and some was available with seats next to them. Unfortunately for me I charged my phone at the ones where you have to stand by them and when boarding call was made to AKL,just boarded the plane leaving the phone charging behind.

Overheard Atc services in klia facing intermittent disruption this few days. 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:11 PM, BC Tam said:

KLIA glitch in August due to aged network system, Parliament told

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/10/29/klia-glitch-in-august-due-to-aged-network-system-parliament-told/1804806

If this is the conclusion, it would appear that the CIO is responsible!

Heads should roll...  CIO must ensure that major and strategic infrastructure is properly maintained and updated - this duty has been neglected!

No wonder MAHB just silent. They hope people will just forget it after some time.

Time to pay compensation to all the airlines and passengers affected.

14 minutes ago, flee said:

KLIA glitch in August due to aged network system, Parliament told

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/10/29/klia-glitch-in-august-due-to-aged-network-system-parliament-told/1804806

If this is the conclusion, it would appear that the CIO is responsible!

Heads should roll...  CIO must ensure that major and strategic infrastructure is properly maintained and updated - this duty has been neglected!

Typical msia, ask for replacement, board/management keeps bitching no budget asking for more cost cutting. When things broke down lower end staffs get grilled. Cycle repeats.

1 minute ago, jahur said:

Typical msia, ask for replacement, board/management keeps bitching no budget asking for more cost cutting. When things broke down lower end staffs get grilled. Cycle repeats.

Well it is a typical GLC environment - nobody is responsible for anything. Tidak apa attitude is the order of the day. So, if Board or Management turns down project proposal, they just accept that and close the book. Wait for the equipment to fail....

12 minutes ago, tktoh said:

No wonder MAHB just silent. They hope people will just forget it after some time.

Time to pay compensation to all the airlines and passengers affected.

Yes, their customers now have very good reasons to claim compensation. This was not an accident or sabotage. It was a disaster waiting to happen - it was only a matter of when, not if.

42 minutes ago, flee said:

Well it is a typical GLC environment - nobody is responsible for anything. Tidak apa attitude is the order of the day. So, if Board or Management turns down project proposal, they just accept that and close the book. Wait for the equipment to fail....

I hope this was true but i am also experiencing similar issues working in private sector that involves with ict distribution. Departments not getting enough budget allocation. But revenue and profits keeps climbing. No bonuses for low end staff semua ikut KPI. Higher tier bosses get their ninja kings and higher dividend. Asked collegues that went for another company and no difference either. 

Edited by jahur

2 minutes ago, jahur said:

I hope this was true but i am also experiencing similar issues working in private sector that involves with ict distribution. Departments not getting enough budget allocation. But revenue and profits keeps climbing. No bonuses for low end staff semua ikut KPI. Higher tier bosses get their ninja kings and higher dividend. Asked collegues that went for another company and no difference either. 

Yes, most private companies are also budget constrained. Even MNCs, with their shared services or outsourced services, are the same. However, they have a more responsible work ethic and don't leave vital infrastructure like core switches in their cabinets for 20+ years without replacement!

As we are on the ICT spending, I would say 90% of companies do not take disaster recovery seriously. Their spending on security is also lagging - hence the many data breaches that we see being reported. I would say that for every data breach that we know about, there are at lease 20-40 more than are not reported. ICT managers have a lot to answer for. Notice that all these things coincide with widespread use of mobile equipment, especially smartphones...

This is what happens when the decision makers are more concerned about their own KPI (cutting cost/not approving budgets). A diseased corporate culture that is very common these days. More silver bullets now for TF against MAHB with this revelation. 

On 10/29/2019 at 4:47 PM, jahur said:

On 10/29/2019 at 4:52 PM, flee said:

Few if any vvip would notice ict or back office upgrade, hence budget is almost always not available. However, if the project could rise the management profile or please some vvip, for certain budget is available.

if you doing upgrade that people won't see it, you won't get the budget for it.

if you doing upgrade that people will see it, no matter it is relevant to them or not, you will have a higher chance of approved budget.

this is some coprorate mindset, sad but true.

Not sure about klia2, rarely go there. But KLIA1 toilet cleanliness are definitely commendable. The one beside KFC is probably the best, the Bangladeshi cleaner will even serve you tissues from the dispenser as you wash your hands past the sink area. 

6 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Toilet complains down 80%

Nah, got improvement ah,  you guys better not complain anymore abiut dirty toilet ah.... Hahahahah

I never complaint about the toilets at KLIA2, except it's very windy. Brrrr....

Fine, KLIA can't be compared to changi because of etc etc.

But seriously KLIA got so much potential to beat many top 10 airports, example Incheon, narita and hong kong. Problem with KLIA is, they never improve nor keep their infrastructure up to date. Check-in counters are still the same for God knows how long. At least patch up, put some wooden floors like incheon or change the dull coloured tiles. Airport lighting can be quite dim especially @ MTB international dep hall. And clearly, there is a lack of F&B outlets especially after 9pm.

Also recently, many retail outlets, cafes, and even CIMB bank closed. I thought it was due to renovation. But upon enquiring, they say its totally closed down. Wonder for what reason? Anyone to enlighten?

Another thing, the " Purple Carpet " @ MTB departure hall is so dull... Its just simply  hideous. If it belongs to someone, MAB should instruct them to remove it asap.

Toilet side, yes they seriously improved a lot. Kudos to that, but the toilet bowl flush is so strong it can wet your shoes/trousers. And the toilet still got that funny smell. Wonder what detergent they are using. No doubt users are largely to be blamed also. BTW, The most beautiful and comfortable airport toilets i've experienced is not even Changi. That title belongs to Jakarta New Terminal & Bali. :)

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Pall said:

The one beside KFC is probably the best, the Bangladeshi cleaner will even serve you tissues from the dispenser as you wash your hands past the sink area. 

I prefer to take the paper towel myself. You have no idea what the other person has touched 😁

4 hours ago, Silverfly07 said:

Kudos to that, but the toilet bowl flush is so strong it can wet your shoes/trousers. 

Firstly, that's gross. Secondly, that means poop water is aerosolized in the toilet 🤢

Sign in to follow this