MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

KLIA improvements

I recall back then during the iPhone 6 release. Folks in singapore would buy promo scoot tickets and buy their phones in Changi airaide as it is cheaper than the retail outlets. However some abused the tax loophole and never board their checked in flights. Believe they got prosecuted and fined in court.

Edited by jahur

I recall back then during the iPhone 6 release. Folks in singapore would buy promo scoot tickets and buy their phones in Changi airaide as it is cheaper than the retail outlets. However some abused the tax loophole and never board their checked in flights. Believe they got prosecuted and fined in court.

Yes, happened in Sept 2016. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/2-arrested-for-misusing-boarding-passes-to-purchase-iphone-7-7815040

"It is an offence under Singapore law if they misuse their boarding pass but has no intention to travel to next destination. If convicted, they can be jailed for two years or fined $1,000 or both."

Edited by JuliusWong

Immigration autogates are back online, klia is back to normal.

I took a flight to PEN at 145pm today. But the flight display at A and B gates was still not functioning. There was a whiteboard at the end of the connecting pier, after the shops, before one turns to A or B gate showing all the boarding gates. At the individual gate, the monitor displaying departure flight was still not functioning. This will probably be the last fucntion to go back online I think.

Edited by Lim Kar Yong

I hope MAHB can learn some lesson from this incident. Overdue upgrade is one reason plus multi layer management prolong the process. Well, it's just few days after 21 Anniversary.

From Facebook

The airspace at KL International Airport will be closed from Tuesday, 27 Aug to Saturday, 31 Aug from 9:00am to 10:30am for Malaysia’s 62nd National Day rehearsals and celebration. Passengers are advised to check with their respective airlines on the latest flight schedules. More information is available at https://bit.ly/2U9fJ1l

From Facebook

The airspace at KL International Airport will be closed from Tuesday, 27 Aug to Saturday, 31 Aug from 9:00am to 10:30am for Malaysias 62nd National Day rehearsals and celebration. Passengers are advised to check with their respective airlines on the latest flight schedules. More information is available at https://bit.ly/2U9fJ1l

No wonder my flights are retimed. Edited by KK Lee

From Facebook

The airspace at KL International Airport will be closed from Tuesday, 27 Aug to Saturday, 31 Aug from 9:00am to 10:30am for Malaysia’s 62nd National Day rehearsals and celebration. Passengers are advised to check with their respective airlines on the latest flight schedules. More information is available at https://bit.ly/2U9fJ1l

This and the air show in SG cause chaos and shouldnt be allowed to disrupt so many flights.

This and the air show in SG cause chaos and shouldnt be allowed to disrupt so many flights.

It's a national day event. Tell me which country doesn't do this? You have not seen other countries national day event NOTAMs on airspace closure for this sort of celebrations. There will be disruptions whether you like it or not. Be patriotic.

It's a national day event. Tell me which country doesn't do this? You have not seen other countries national day event NOTAMs on airspace closure for this sort of celebrations. There will be disruptions whether you like it or not. Be patriotic.

5/7 aircrafts formation/manoeuvre over putrajaya was impressive.

I am just wondering - we know this is an annual affair that involves closure of airspace. Would it be too messy to include this in the flight planning - ie making adjustment to the flight schedule right from the beginning rather than retiming at last minute?

Selamat menyambut hari kemerdekaan. I am flying home on this friday evening - not affected by the closure.

Hmmm, fids at t1 is down, white board in action.

I know someone who ran from g1 to c36 this morning due to gate change.

Edited by KK Lee

I am just wondering - we know this is an annual affair that involves closure of airspace. Would it be too messy to include this in the flight planning - ie making adjustment to the flight schedule right from the beginning rather than retiming at last minute?

Selamat menyambut hari kemerdekaan. I am flying home on this friday evening - not affected by the closure.

unless it knocks out the schedule for the day and then your flight is delayed

Missing up the airspace up the airspace of the main gateway to the country isnt smart.

Move the airport further from Putrajaya!

unless it knocks out the schedule for the day and then your flight is delayed

Missing up the airspace up the airspace of the main gateway to the country isnt smart.

Erm....most countries, at least those around this region, closed their main international airport for National Day celebration for aerial shows. It only happens once a year, just one morning. Not sure what is the big deal. Plus, they only closed it for 1.5 hours. If you are so concerned, why not fly out a day earlier or later? Better yet, be smart, don't book any flight near to National Day. And don't pack your schedule for the day so tight that it doesn't give an allowance for 1.5 hours delay. Zzzzz.....

Or do it in Dataran Merdeka like it was done previously. Or maybe don't have flypasts.

You can demonstrate patriotism without having fighter jets fly above you....

Erm....most countries, at least those around this region, closed their main international airport for National Day celebration for aerial shows. It only happens once a year, just one morning. Not sure what is the big deal. Plus, they only closed it for 1.5 hours. If you are so concerned, why not fly out a day earlier or later? Better yet, be smart, don't book any flight near to National Day. And don't pack your schedule for the day so tight that it doesn't give an allowance for 1.5 hours delay. Zzzzz.....

I travel weekly for business and these days my schedule isnt that flexible. Last time this caused a knock on delay that impacted evening flights hence my concern.

Sim City comes to mind.

I make it a point not to travel during this period (usually the week before 31 Aug) as I know that neither our airport nor airlines can cope with the disruption in airspace.

However, I was once caught out by the Indonesian national day - our flight arrived in Jogjakarta on time but could not land due to their air force rehearsal for their national day. So we flew the holding pattern about 5 or 6 times (about 30 mins) before we landed. I got to know the scenery below us very well!

Or do it in Dataran Merdeka like it was done previously. Or maybe don't have flypasts.

You can demonstrate patriotism without having fighter jets fly above you....

The fighter jet is "u have I have" kind of thing if u ask me as almost all other countries flew their fighter jets during parade. In France they can fly the Airbus, maybe we can fly our flying car soon.

Sign in to follow this