MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

KLIA improvements

Hamad way better than Changi? This is weird.

I think one flaw of this "survey" is that they did not classify airports according to size or capacity. Small airports will do better as they are not so busy.

I was taking a domestic flight on the 15 Aug and KLIA are using body scanners now at the domestic security.

This morning domestic departure at KLIA was a nightmare. Long queue everywhere - MH biz class check in counter took me 20min to drop my bag. Then the queue to go through domestic screening snaked all the way to check in counters and continued to Island C where I joined the queue - as usual no one to help man the queue and there were some confusions, and, as usual, many cutting queue "innocently". But the line moved rather quickly, and took about 20min to go through. Then when I boarded the plane to Penang, the captain announced that they had to off load bags for 7 connecting passengers from international flights as they could not make it due to long queue at immigration.

Is this normal for morning 8-830am departure? or is it due to the after school holidays rush? Or is KLIA over its capacity? or it is just due to the usual tidak apa attitude, and inefficiency of MAB and other agencies based in KLIA.

This reminds me that I should plan to go to KLIA earlier if I have an early morning departure.

Monday mornings are usually bad - airport very crowded and airport staff are unhelpful with their tidak apa attitude. For them, it is biasa lah! I normally arrive 2 hrs before domestic and 3 hrs before international flights.

But KLIA is not so bad - klia2 is worse. Really like Puduraya these days.

This morning domestic departure at KLIA was a nightmare. Long queue everywhere - MH biz class check in counter took me 20min to drop my bag. Then the queue to go through domestic screening snaked all the way to check in counters and continued to Island C where I joined the queue - as usual no one to help man the queue and there were some confusions, and, as usual, many cutting queue "innocently". But the line moved rather quickly, and took about 20min to go through. Then when I boarded the plane to Penang, the captain announced that they had to off load bags for 7 connecting passengers from international flights as they could not make it due to long queue at immigration.

Is this normal for morning 8-830am departure? or is it due to the after school holidays rush? Or is KLIA over its capacity? or it is just due to the usual tidak apa attitude, and inefficiency of MAB and other agencies based in KLIA.

This reminds me that I should plan to go to KLIA earlier if I have an early morning departure.

Had an experience transiting checked in all the way. Arrived in kul satelite around 5pm slightly behind schedule went to transfer immigration at mtb terminal only two of them were open and the queue took me 40minutes to clear. No time to pee had to run to my connecting flight and the flight was delayed for us connecting.

Looking at my ticket my layover in kul is 55minutes Am not sure why airlines insist in pairing flights with such short transiting knowing there are many variables out to screw the turnaround upkeep.

More of under staff issue. They can only open few counters at most to handle the huge load, little wonder why the lines snaked through the whole left side of the airport (from entrance POV). Really an embarrassment. Should implement self check-in and self luggage tag function, self drop function already. It's 21st century....... also the security check should be fast and efficient.

VMY 2020 is 4 months away..........Let's see how.

jpgc3q.jpg

This afternoon 1:31pm International Departures.

How can we improve passengers experience?

Monday mornings are usually bad - airport very crowded and airport staff are unhelpful with their tidak apa attitude. For them, it is biasa lah! I normally arrive 2 hrs before domestic and 3 hrs before international flights.

But KLIA is not so bad - klia2 is worse. Really like Puduraya these days.

Had an experience transiting checked in all the way. Arrived in kul satelite around 5pm slightly behind schedule went to transfer immigration at mtb terminal only two of them were open and the queue took me 40minutes to clear. No time to pee had to run to my connecting flight and the flight was delayed for us connecting.

Looking at my ticket my layover in kul is 55minutes Am not sure why airlines insist in pairing flights with such short transiting knowing there are many variables out to screw the turnaround upkeep.

It seems security screening sop is inefficient. the person who man the screen also conduct search/inspect. hence, whenever, there is a need to search/inspect a bag, screening process is suspended.

It is common to have queue 4/5 deep at MH j class check in counters during weekdays morning.

More of under staff issue. They can only open few counters at most to handle the huge load, little wonder why the lines snaked through the whole left side of the airport (from entrance POV). Really an embarrassment. Should implement self check-in and self luggage tag function, self drop function already. It's 21st century....... also the security check should be fast and efficient.

VMY 2020 is 4 months away..........Let's see how.

jpgc3q.jpg

This afternoon 1:31pm International Departures.

How can we improve passengers experience?

If it is a staffing issue, they have plenty of data to ensure that the airport is adequately staffed during the peak periods.

It is not just departures that are delayed, arriving pax also encounter delays of 90 mins or more during busy times.

Maybe a MAHB ploy to counter a certain Tan Sri's consistent allegation that KLIA2 is sub-par compared to KLIA ? :D

see, KLIA is not better than KLIA2, hence there is no reason to reduce the PCS of KLIA2 .... :p

Did you read the report in the link?

The whole airport was affected. Its worse in KLIA2 cos it handles more pax and there isn't enough seating.

Edited by flee

Did you read the report in the link?

The whole airport was affected. Its worse in KLIA2 cos it handles more pax and there isn't enough seating.

Horrible. AK and MH should collude and stop collecting PSC altogether!

Im wondering if they are hacked. Seems that you can't even use credit cards at the airport now as per the latest release

System is still down at the moment. Cant imagine if mobile telco services at klia is also down its like an EMP disruption.

Edited by jahur

This is really a major disruption - I am hearing from some friends who are overseas being stranded. Their return flights are now delayed for more than 5 or 6 hours as MAHB has played havoc with all flight schedules!

Sounds like MAHB does not have a clue as to what is going on - so don't know what the fix is. And secondly, MAHB does not have a backup system to kick in in case of a major system breakdown. So everything goes to manual - probably only invented as they go along!

I feel sorry for the frontline staff who has to pick up the $hit.

Edited by flee

System still down as of now. Passengers are directed to their gates by staffs while whiteboards are used to fill in flight info and gate position.

Edited by jahur

Sign in to follow this