MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

KLIA improvements

I noticed another change in the KLIA MT baggage hall. At the back where the exit is the partition wall has been brought forward and expanded to be much wider. The single exit area has been replaced with multiple small gaps for people to enter and upon entering you then enter a queue to use the baggage x-ray machine aligned to the exit you took.

Last week when I arrived there were queues because they scanning all bags and so annoying when I travel with a small backpack and I have to queue behind families with multiple cases etc.

Another step to make the place less efficient.

They want to make it compulsory for all bags to be scanned. Perhaps they should have an express lane for pax who don't have large suitcases. Maybe a lane for pax with 7 kg (max) bag.

Last week when I arrived there were queues because they scanning all bags and so annoying when I travel with a small backpack and I have to queue behind families with multiple cases etc.

I always thought the scanning of bags are voluntary (or unless being called), at least during the previous system. I see people queuing up to have their bags checked and I usually just walk between the two lines and walk straight out :D

I always thought the scanning of bags are voluntary (or unless being called), at least during the previous system. I see people queuing up to have their bags checked and I usually just walk between the two lines and walk straight out :D

Hahaha, same here too. And don't look at the officers'eyes, if not sure will be able to join the queue.

I read somewhere the Interior Ministry is ramping up security at our borders especially airports as there have been too many cases drugs and other passengers with ill intention have been getting into the country too easily. Hope they keep this well. Lie country has too many shots to clean up, we don't need any more additional one.

On a side note, they should have express lane for light packers.

I read somewhere the Interior Ministry is ramping up security at our borders especially airports as there have been too many cases drugs and other passengers with ill intention have been getting into the country too easily.

I am sure the government has their plate full, but revamping the entry requirements for certain citizens would a good idea. I still find it interesting that Libyans, Yemenis, and Syrians can enter Malaysia visa-free but Colombians require a visa.

I am sure the government has their plate full, but revamping the entry requirements for certain citizens would a good idea. I still find it interesting that Libyans, Yemenis, and Syrians can enter Malaysia visa-free but Colombians require a visa.

It's even more interesting how some of these countries don't even reciprocate.... (not that I have any intention of visiting Libya, but if we're giving them visa-free access the least they can do is bolster our passport's visa-free index score :p )

I did managed to skip the queue with 1 small bag on my shoulder, 1 backpack and 1 small trolley back from Singapore. Officer's instruction.

I did managed to skip the queue with 1 small bag on my shoulder, 1 backpack and 1 small trolley back from Singapore. Officer's instruction.

Last night I had a cab size trolley bag and a back pack and was waved through with a smile.

Ate at Nooodles,while waiting for the food,noticed a man had brought over KFC and eaten it there.He then proceeded right into the nooodles galley and washed his hands there, then rinse his mouth and spit it there itself (The toilets are equally nearby to this galley.). Then i noticed the staff started washing their bowls in the same sink!

Food was delivered after he finished washing the bowls but had lost appetite by then for my RM20 prawn mee.

Edited by Ja Singh

Last night I had a cab size trolley bag and a back pack and was waved through with a smile.

Few weeks ago on way back home from SIN, missus and I had a heap load of luggages on the trolley, plus more

We were almost certain to 'kena kaw kaw' at kastam - at least a thorough rummage to bottom of bags we thought

Instead, managed to just walked past them kastam counters without anyone batting an eyelid (if it need be known, we avoided eye contact) :)

Few weeks ago on way back home from SIN, missus and I had a heap load of luggages on the trolley, plus more

We were almost certain to 'kena kaw kaw' at kastam - at least a thorough rummage to bottom of bags we thought

Instead, managed to just walked past them kastam counters without anyone batting an eyelid (if it need be known, we avoided eye contact) :)

Same with me yesterday on Raya eve at around 5pm. Tonnes of luggage, made eye contact with one staff who just waved me through. The three ladies were huddled together watching something on a phone. 3 seconds later, just after I walked past the scanner, one of them shouted to the passenger behind me with one single luggage, "scan bag! scan bag!"

They should invent a single machine to scan body, luggages and body temperature. Saves a lot of space and manpower.

They should invent a single machine to scan body, luggages and body temperature.

Glad we agree that we do not have enough radiation in the world today :)

I too did not need to have my bags scanned upon arrival at Perth. As we line up to get our bags scanned an Aussie customs officer will ask a bunch of casual questions and decide if I need to have my bags checked. I was waived through. It's all about your body language if you have something to hid they can tell from your face!

Guys, your wish just came true. The machine will debut in LHR. Not exactly a single machine to scan body, luggage and body temperature, but nevertheless a step in the right direction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48526019

Passengers at Heathrow airport will be able to keep their liquids and laptops inside their carry-on bags, once new security equipment is installed.

I too did not need to have my bags scanned upon arrival at Perth. As we line up to get our bags scanned an Aussie customs officer will ask a bunch of casual questions and decide if I need to have my bags checked. I was waived through. It's all about your body language if you have something to hid they can tell from your face!

Guys, your wish just came true. The machine will debut in LHR. Not exactly a single machine to scan body, luggage and body temperature, but nevertheless a step in the right direction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48526019

Passengers at Heathrow airport will be able to keep their liquids and laptops inside their carry-on bags, once new security equipment is installed.

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSPerth/videos/2380360282251165/

Is this the new luggage and body scanners that you all talking about?

If proven efficient, MAHB should invests in these at all major airports in the country!

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSPerth/videos/2380360282251165/

Is this the new luggage and body scanners that you all talking about?

If proven efficient, MAHB should invests in these at all major airports in the country!

I can't help but wonder if the layout of KUL T1 makes this prohibitively expensive, since they have scanners at every gate rather than a few in a centralised checkpoint.

Heyya gents, 2 weeks ago my family and i arrived at MTB and surprisingly we just walk out of it without having to scan our 3 big luggage. Kinda like, green lane for nothing to declare and red for declarable items. I walked right into car rental booths. This is very nice.

Heyya gents, 2 weeks ago my family and i arrived at MTB and surprisingly we just walk out of it without having to scan our 3 big luggage. Kinda like, green lane for nothing to declare and red for declarable items. I walked right into car rental booths. This is very nice.

I get flagged maybe 1/10 times with checked bags.

Walking out with boxes on your cart is a sure-fire way to get scanned, though.

For whatever reason, security checks/bag screening at t1 gate reverted back to single operator. Long queue is assured.

Sign in to follow this