MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

KLIA improvements

I've walked up and down the shopping mall with luggage. I honestly don't see what the big fuss is about. Again, as I've said a million times before, it's not like you have to walk the length of Midvalley or One Utama.

No it's not. CAAM should focus solely on maintaining air safety, and MAVCOM should be focusing on promoting aviation commerce.

In fact, if the US does the same, they could have avoided the MAX fiasco since the FAA's dual mandate of promoting aviation commerce & maintaining air safety is a conflict of interest.

U.s gomen has huge tax revenue and can issue as much bonds as they want but not this country.

Businesses need a reduction in red tape not increase.

Edited by KK Lee

Max crashes took place in Indonesian and Ethiopian jurisdictions. Does FAA oversee them? MAVCOM will be up in arms if the FAA interfered with Malaysian aviation!

I'm talking about certification issues. Many other countries' regulation bodies put their trust in the FAA that they don't require in depth certification of new airplane models. But now that trust is broken because reports that the FAA's rushed certification of the MAX surfaced. Why? Because they need to promote Boeing to the world.

History have shown how this conflict of interest is wrong - the DC-10's cargo door issue for one, where McDonnell Douglas pleaded with the FAA not to issue an Airworthiness Directive regarding the cargo doors which could affect sales of the plane. It ended up with Turkish Airlines Flight 981 crashing in Paris, becoming the worst aviation disaster in the world at the time.

Businesses need a reduction in red tape not increase.

Businesses need regulations that protects consumers. Otherwise if they are allowed to run rampant they will maximize profits at the expense of the customer. MAVCOM can become the watchdog if managed properly.

Its being forced fed a shopping mall before check in that most people dislike. Why can't it be like klia or the old LCCT, where u don't need to go through a mall with multiple level changes?

Because they need the retail revenue in order to cover expenses. And again, I find myself being a broken record - it's not like you have to walk the length of Midvalley or One Utama. If my mother who isn't exactly the world's fittest person can traverse the airport with no fuss, I don't see why others should, especially the young ones!

Many here might like the cowshed that is the LCCT, but I certainly don't, especially considering the experience I had with AK stranding my travel party for 6 hours. In fact, I'm pretty sure that even if MAHB went ahead with building an enlarged cowshed LCCT, many here would still find things to complain about!

Anyways, on another note...

57612568_10205790218391568_7694902079399

Is this for real? Of all the things that needs to be done, these people are worried about the bloody name? ::80::

I'm talking about certification issues. Many other countries' regulation bodies put their trust in the FAA that they don't require in depth certification of new airplane models. But now that trust is broken because reports that the FAA's rushed certification of the MAX surfaced. Why? Because they need to promote Boeing to the world.

History have shown how this conflict of interest is wrong - the DC-10's cargo door issue for one, where McDonnell Douglas pleaded with the FAA not to issue an Airworthiness Directive regarding the cargo doors which could affect sales of the plane. It ended up with Turkish Airlines Flight 981 crashing in Paris, becoming the worst aviation disaster in the world at the time.

Businesses need regulations that protects consumers. Otherwise if they are allowed to run rampant they will maximize profits at the expense of the customer. MAVCOM can become the watchdog if managed properly.

Because they need the retail revenue in order to cover expenses. And again, I find myself being a broken record - it's not like you have to walk the length of Midvalley or One Utama. If my mother who isn't exactly the world's fittest person can traverse the airport with no fuss, I don't see why others should, especially the young ones!

Many here might like the cowshed that is the LCCT, but I certainly don't, especially considering the experience I had with AK stranding my travel party for 6 hours. In fact, I'm pretty sure that even if MAHB went ahead with building an enlarged cowshed LCCT, many here would still find things to complain about!

Anyways, on another note...

57612568_10205790218391568_7694902079399

Is this for real? Of all the things that needs to be done, these people are worried about the bloody name? ::80::

The issue with faa on 737 max 8 incident is Boeing had undue influence on faa. This is an issue to have political appointee to regulatory bodies.

So far caam has performed it works.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/with-its-ties-in-washington-boeing-has-taken-over-more-and-more-of-the-faas-job/2019/03/24/6e5ef2c6-4be8-11e9-9663-00ac73f49662_story.html?utm_term=.00a9653bc646

Airport is a node of transportation network; seamless transfer is supposed to be the key for growth. By adding non essential 100m shopping is still unnecessary.

If one look at shops at klia gateway; besides eatery, many are doing below expectations.

Edited by KK Lee

Airport is a node of transportation network; seamless transfer is supposed to be the key for growth. By adding non essential 100m shopping is still unnecessary.

If one look at shops at klia gateway; besides eatery, many are doing below expectations.

Airport's major source of revenue is retail. Even in Changi their revenue is mostly derived from retail. You want no retail fine, then cough up the PSC.

And are they though? I was there last week, and many of the shops are operating fine. Most of the shops that are closed are located post the escalators, which is fairly logical since people hardly ever go there.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Airport's major source of revenue is retail. Even in Changi their revenue is mostly derived from retail. You want no retail fine, then cough up the PSC.

And are they though? I was there last week, and many of the shops are operating fine. Most of the shops that are closed are located post the escalators, which is fairly logical since people hardly ever go there.

Incidentally gateway @klia2 is a separate entity, a JV company, is a unnecessary additional to the terminal.

Incidentally gateway @klia2 is a separate entity, a JV company, is a unnecessary additional to the terminal.

Now you're just picking at straws to be honest. JV or not, it still contributes to the bottom line.

I can see why jani's only smiling...

Now you're just picking at straws to be honest. JV or not, it still contributes to the bottom line.

I can see why jani's only smiling...

Most airports could build attached shopping mall and channel pax through but few did.

The school of thought of having gateway@klia2 is no difference from charging premium rate at level 2 of t1 car park.

Most airports could build attached shopping mall and channel pax through but few did.

The school of thought of having gateway@klia2 is no difference from charging premium rate at level 2 of t1 car park.

Because they put a lot more duty free stores airside. This doesn't work here because Malaysians aren't heavy duty free shoppers.

Because they put a lot more duty free stores airside. This doesn't work here because Malaysians aren't heavy duty free shoppers.

Basically, duty free at klia is expensive e.g whisky, perfume, chocolate, etc.

Belum ada keputusan muktamad berhubung cadangan penjenamaan semula Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) kepada nama baru Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Sepang (SIA), kata exco Jawatankuasa Tetap Kerajaan Tempatan, Pengangkutan Awam dan Pembangunan Kampung Baru, Ng Sze Han.

Soal penjenamaan semula lapangan terbang itu timbul susulan tersebarnya satu surat di laman Twitter yang menyatakan cadangan tersebut telah dipersetujui dan disahkan pada Mesyuarat Majlis Kerajaan Negeri (Exco) Selangor, Oktober tahun lalu.

Isu ini cuma pernah disebutkan dalam MMKN (Mesyuarat Majlis Kerajaan Negeri), setakat ini tiada apa-apa yang telah diputuskan.

Perkara ini timbul kerana KLIA terletak di Sepang, Selangor. Lapangan terbang antarabanga yang terkenal sering menggunakan lokaliti sebagai namanya, contohnya adalah Narita/ Haneda di Tokyo, Incheon di Seoul, Suvarnabhuni di Bangkok, Baiyun di Guangzhou, Pudong di Shanghai, Schipol di Amsterdam dan sebagainya, kata Ng kepada Malaysiakini ketika dihubungi hari ini.

Beliau turut mengesahkan surat yang dibocorkan di media sosial itu merupakan minit mesyuarat exco kerajaan negeri Selangor tetapi tidak mahu mengulas lebih lanjut.

https://m.malaysiakini.com/news/472726

Exactly! So why are you being obtuse about gateway@klia2? Don't you get it why they needed gateway@klia2 in klia2?

Similar attitude that McDonald's menu price is higher than down town.

I took a look at CAG's last financial results and about half their revenue is derived from "Airport concessions and rental income". With KLIA, half its revenue comes from "Airport Services - aeronautical". So rental income is not as significant as that of CAG.

For those who wish to look at CAG's annual reports (their year end is 31 March):

http://www.changiairport.com/content/cag-corp/en/media-centre/resources/archives.html

Well, it does not contribute directly - rental income does not show in the Profit and Loss account.

Profits from the JV may be reported in other ways, depending on how the JV is structured. It is most likely to be shown as investment income or dividends from investments.

Edited by flee

Mahb mentality is like those shopping mall e.g SG wang, where one needs to go from one floor to another by escalator, needs to walk round half of mall. For reasons, where there is competition, this type of mall tend to loss out.

Japan rail built shopping mall, hotel, office tower at many major stations but priority/quick and unhindered access is always given to commuters.

Edited by KK Lee

KUL t1 security check at boarding gate is the only one I encountered that; the person in charge of scanning is multi tasked to open and check the bag i.e increased queuing time by at least 40%.

Glad to find additional personnels at boarding gate security check, queue is shorter and faster. Bravo.

Edited by KK Lee

Wonder why chairs at luggage reclaim area are removed?

At the MTB (KLIA 1) ?

At the above they are merging baggage carousel G and H. Any idea why?

At the MTB (KLIA 1) ?

At the above they are merging baggage carousel G and H. Any idea why?

Yes, at t1.

To increase baggae storage capacity by lengthen the carousel.

Sign in to follow this