MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sharil Abdul Rahman

MAHB: KLIA to have planespotter deck for enthusiasts

was a bit surprised that the deck was build outside the airport terminal, actually i was expecting them to build it at the airport terminal to benefit more people especially passengers..

If i remember correctly,this is somewhere near 'Weather Station' during those good old times

Yes, the weather station is further up the road, just before the guard house to enter the airport perimeter (thanks to klia2 being constructed).

was a bit surprised that the deck was build outside the airport terminal, actually i was expecting them to build it at the airport terminal to benefit more people especially passengers..

They need to alleviate the problem of people hanging out near the threshold of 32L to watch the planes fly above them. I remember driving through Jalan Pekeliling & reaching that area the line of cars parked there were a lot. I don't recall that place being busy a few years back.

You have Anjung Tinjau for that.

Heard from an insider: Anjung Tinjau at MTB will soon be occupied by McDonalds and KFC

That is quite a distance to walk to eat.

The idea is that people will go and look for McDonalds regardless of where it is.

The idea is that people will go and look for McDonalds regardless of where it is.

This is not what mcdoanld's believe in or practice. in the contrary, convenience is always a priority in choosing store location.

Edited by KK Lee

Comfort food away from home.

This is not what mcdoanld's believe in or practice. in the contrary, convenience is always a priority in choosing store location.

Is the McD at airport same management as the rest of the country? I'd always thought they are different because of pricing & promo difference.

Comfort food away from home.

Is the McD at airport same management as the rest of the country? I'd always thought they are different because of pricing & promo difference.

Yes, belongs to GAR, McDonald's franchisee in the country. Pricing is higher because of mahb; rental is fixed plus % of sales.

Whilst true, they wouldn't have agreed if they didn't believe so. Lets see whether it materializes.

1) They have empty lots on the way to the Anjung Tinjau and can occupy them (McD and KFC and maybe a Pappa Rich)

2) Also, I wonder if they will switch off the airconditioning at that area as they are always saving electricity in that area by switching it off or at least that is how it feels usually.

3) I was wondering if the Plane Spotter Deck will be frequented by our slithery friends from the nearby plantations?

Sign in to follow this