MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad Firdaus

Sarawak's own airline confirmed

..... the Sarawak gov't could consider acquiring everything or take majority stake in MAB, and put the former successful Sarawakian CEO on the helm. He has done it before so there is no reason he can't do it again .....

Would be interesting to see response from said "Sarawakian CEO" if/when he is to be presented with task again :)

Balance sheet probably afford a vastly different read, though there is the saving grace of not having to disclose publicly one's numbers nowadays :D

Sarawak air can go ahead and take over maswings routes

Erm .....

https://dayakdaily.com/sarawak-to-take-over-maswings-involves-top-secret-business-model-abg-jo/

Sarawak to take over MASwings, involves 'top secret' business model - Abg Jo

cKXua5H.jpg[end Quote]

I'm guessing the 'secret' lies within :)

Edited by BC Tam

For RAS to break even, it should use Pilatus PC-12 or Cessna 208 Caravan instead of bigger and more expensive to operate twin otter.

Edited by KK Lee

For RAS to break even, it should use Pilatus PC-12 or Cessna 208 Caravan instead of bigger and more expensive to operate twin otter.

Single engine piston in the forest no tq. It has to be twin engine.

Erm .....

https://dayakdaily.com/sarawak-to-take-over-maswings-involves-top-secret-business-model-abg-jo/

Sarawak to take over MASwings, involves 'top secret' business model - Abg Jo

cKXua5H.jpg[end Quote]

I'm guessing the 'secret' lies within :)

MASwings can count their days if Sarawak govt takes over. Even AirAsia can't seem to make KCH work for international routes especially to North Asia. Sabah is totally a different story, the number of many foreign airlines flying into BKI speaks for itself.

Politicians only have their own pocket and ego in mind. Forget RAS!

They should use gliders. Fewer seats and MUCH more fuel efficient. They won't just break even - profits will be through the roof!

Politicians only have their own pocket and ego in mind. Forget RAS!

MASWings should probably be made into a 100% RAS airline. That way, it will be fully accountable to the taxpayer.

MASWings should probably be made into a 100% RAS airline. That way, it will be fully accountable to the taxpayer.

I think anything that is ATR and above routes should be open for competition and commercialized for sales for all local airlines. RAS with subsidization should be the DHT flights to only STOL DHT airfields. LDU and LMN should be competed by Malindo ATRs and MASwings.

Maybe MASwings ATRs should change into Firefly and MASwings to be just DHTs.

What happened to Sarawak Government Hornbill Skyways? Taking MASwings and not inherits the debt is a fantasy and is laughable. There is no free meal in the world, not even soup kitchen.

Whatever our Abang Jo wanna say, just hear it first; believe it when we see the results.

The root problems for MASwings is still price, it's the fact! The price tag is just simply too much for locals to consider as a priority mode of transportation.

In yesteryears where the offer was good enough, I took the advantage for a few times and I could see the load is very good; not a single time below half filled.

And recent years, you can count how many people board the flights while waiting for yours at MYY station. Just surpass the full load of a DHT at the best.

The best joke I have ever heard came from a folk who commute yearly between MYY & SBW, when she heard her colleague got the flight for RM 168 per way; she was showing some kind of an unbelievable faces saying that it would normally cost RM 200+; I was liked :huh: :lol:.

For the DHT operation, is even worst, 20 minutes scheduled time to Marudi can cost RM 60+ per way.

My cousin did BKI-LMN-BKI before, normally less than 5 people on the DHT, the best time - A private ride!

The only good thing for them is they got ceiling fares, so no worry of sky rocketed fares during festivals.

Whatever our Abang Jo wanna say, just hear it first; believe it when we see the results.

The root problems for MASwings is still price, it's the fact! The price tag is just simply too much for locals to consider as a priority mode of transportation.

In yesteryears where the offer was good enough, I took the advantage for a few times and I could see the load is very good; not a single time below half filled.

And recent years, you can count how many people board the flights while waiting for yours at MYY station. Just surpass the full load of a DHT at the best.

The best joke I have ever heard came from a folk who commute yearly between MYY & SBW, when she heard her colleague got the flight for RM 168 per way; she was showing some kind of an unbelievable faces saying that it would normally cost RM 200+; I was liked :huh: :lol:.

For the DHT operation, is even worst, 20 minutes scheduled time to Marudi can cost RM 60+ per way.

My cousin did BKI-LMN-BKI before, normally less than 5 people on the DHT, the best time - A private ride!

The only good thing for them is they got ceiling fares, so no worry of sky rocketed fares during festivals.

Not sure about twin otter. But for GAF Nomad the operating cost is RM8000 per hour during 2014. Sub divide with 16 passengers each would have to pay rm400-500 for an hour ride. With poor usd rates and increasing cost it would be higher today.

Not sure about twin otter. But for GAF Nomad the operating cost is RM8000 per hour during 2014. Sub divide with 16 passengers each would have to pay rm400-500 for an hour ride. With poor usd rates and increasing cost it would be higher today.

Unless the gomen could subsidize until paved road is built, PC-12 or Cessna 208 Caravan is a solution.

Unless the gomen could subsidize until paved road is built, PC-12 or Cessna 208 Caravan is a solution.

Again payload and performance wise these planes do not meet the ras requirement you're carrying less pax. Pc-12 cost approx Rm5k per hour and only holds up 9 passengers ticket rate per pax would to up. The other only suitable option would be the dornier 228. Edited by jahur

Sign in to follow this