MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

KUL 32L 2019

The new spotting structure is ready and opened?

Anyone can show us how the new 'observation deck' looks ?

The structure is ready and work still in progress. It is not open yet with workers working there.

If you ask nicely, they may allow you to be on the platform as long as not obstructing the work.

Photo taken last week

W8ZgmOX.jpg

No guessing from the rego, VT-INR, who was the previous owner. Surprised to see her earlier today, going for a 2-hour+ test flight.

o4g7jv9.jpg

Today marks a new day in Airasia Group's history - it is now upgrading its fleet of aircraft to the larger (50 more pax) Airbus A321-200 NX. This will help it provide more capacity and reduce CASK on its routes. The first aircraft, registered 9M-VAA, is sporting a "3, 2, 1 take off" special livery. It touched down in KUL from XFW and ASB.

49099727437_420435f037_b.jpg

49099020753_012c12e11e_b.jpg

Edited by flee

Good one Flee. I was positioned at the Anjung Spotter area to get her first landing on Malaysia soil (runway)

It is kind of difficult now to spot at Anjung Spotter as the reflective 'CDs' and wires are visible in the picture frame.

r7VgwKZ.jpg

Even moving nearer to the fence with a ladder, the wire is visible for wide body aircraft.

yvDwXm5.jpg

Thankfully, for narrow body, such as the A321neo, it can be 'cropped' away. 

vWHBo71.jpg

Ah Ong, thanks for sharing the above photos about the latest development at Anjung Spotter. It seems like within the organisation, there are departments against each other. Anjung Spotter is there which is great, yet some genius decided to hang wires and CDs to obstruct the vantage views.

The above development certainly bringing me to link to the current New Malaysia kind of development. The head carried out so initial plans but on the other level, they will derail or make the plans to fail.

Of course I am not saying the above Anjung Spotter issue is political linked, just how I feel about the similarity of the two.

Well, thanks for the Anjung Spotter but I will have to move on to other places until the wire and CDs are gone.

It's back to the WX station 1 and 2. At least now there is less interference at both sites. 

For me, I had a total of ONE serious spotting session at Anjung Spotter. After that, ops changed to runway 14R and that was the end of spotting there. Now we have to wait for the wires to degrade and snap... frustration once more!

I know that safety is important and we are fortunate not to have many bird strike incidents at KUL. But surely, there are other tools that can be deployed to control the bird population. They should drain the lake next to 32L because birds love fishing there too. If the lake is not there, fewer birds will frequent the area.

Edited by flee

Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, arrived in his B748 Presidential Jet yesterday at 1315 to attend the KL Summit hosted by our PM. At this summit, invited Heads of State intends to discuss and address issues of concern in the Muslim community around the world. 

UoVIflz.jpg

A beautiful day on the last spotting session for 2019 and for the decade. Some 787 specials.

cTTmlAW.jpg

1eiVkDG.jpg

zBfiWIf.jpg

YJzh8j4.jpg

14CNotz.jpg

Hope this wire and CDs are removed in 2020

1f321MI.jpg

Yes, those blooming CDs and line need to go! Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of "planespotting birds" perched on the barbed wires of the perimeter fence these days!

Nice catch of the Man City Etihad B789! 

And here is my final lot of photos for 2019, from runway 32L.... 

49241032626_e94a5df6a3_b.jpg

49308638193_f9571fbc48_b.jpg

49297614401_02b81d6c79_b.jpg

49297815467_b296116a6e_b.jpg

49309216832_e6082e6a90_b.jpg

49297129553_febd8d59b6_b.jpg

49309018526_23ac57eb2b_b.jpg

49308590418_cd115388c6_b.jpg

Enjoy and do have a great 2020!

Sign in to follow this