MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Malaysia Airports claiming RM36 mil in unpaid fees from AirAsia

Honestly, MAHB should go on the offensive and tell their story about the making of klia2 to show that the decision they made wasn't made in isolation. The problem is that being a GLC, people have less empathy towards MAHB compared to TF, who plays the "underdog" card well.

Can't speak about now but in the not so distant past, the line of thinking is/was exactly that - A GLC shouldn't be "fighting" in public. Agree or disagree, but that's how it is.

Personally, I certainly do agree there are a lot of things MAHB/KLIA etc can be improved upon, but the fight with Tony is usually just one-sided.

Another interesting anecdote - at working and operating level, the relationship is fantastic. Rarely we see Tony's other partner making noise, no?

Can't speak about now but in the not so distant past, the line of thinking is/was exactly that - A GLC shouldn't be "fighting" in public. Agree or disagree, but that's how it is.

I definitely know how it feels - if a GLC like MAHB tries to fight, people will pull out all the political angles etc etc.

A look at this thread alone proves it!

Just an interesting fact - Many things at klia2 had to changed during construction, to cater to the whims and fancies of Tony. A very obvious case is when you exit arrivals, there is a sudden gradient down towards the shops. Why? Get in touch.. haha

The main issue with klia2 design is whole building is centered on skybridge.

My guess was that it was to ensure the design is modular, so that more terminals can be added and added as need be.

Can't find an image right now but just imagine copy and pasting the T shape of klia2 again and again. Almost unlimited expansion capability.

I guess the idea is right, but the implementation..... can be debated :D

My guess was that it was to ensure the design is modular, so that more terminals can be added and added as need be.

Can't find an image right now but just imagine copy and pasting the T shape of klia2 again and again. Almost unlimited expansion capability.

I guess the idea is right, but the implementation..... can be debated :D

More gates could be added but could arrival immigration cope?

Not only immigration, but also check-in.

One way to solve that is by creating another entrance/exit point on the opposite part of this theoretical klia2B. Can check Jeddah new terminal masterplan for a similar concept.

Doing this actually opens the possibility of having a different operator (not MAHB) operating klia2B ;)

S-APS-Jeddah-King-Abdulaziz-Internationa

White is Phase 1 for Operator A. Midfield terminal is Phase 2 while the last part is Phase 3.

Phase 2 and 3, theoretically, though not ideal, can be operated by different operators since Phase 3 can be accessible by road separately from Phase 1.

Edited by jani

Penang airport horrible, laments AirAsia boss

Penang airport is horrible. I feel sorry for the state Goverment. They have done such a good job on tourism. Yet we can’t expand. And queues are horrible as airport poorly designed. Zero plane for LCC. So many LCC airlines now. And airport tax is RM 75 . Shocking

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/485560

He only make noise now just because the airport infrastructure hampers his expansion plan. PIA is actually operating above the designed capacity, with air asia operating model, such thing is unavoidable.

but then, it is also good to see him bugging the government to speed p the PIA expansion plan, but i do think his master plan is to lobby for the LCC terminal other than expanding the current terminal building.

:)One wonders who they'd be fooling. Where was their noble spirit when they happily charged the klia2 fee? Or the ridiculous credit card charges?

AirAsia to remove processing fee in October

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2019/07/30/airasia-to-remove-processing-fee-in-october#OdpL5e7VS8gFG1gc.99

PETALING JAYA: AirAsia Group Bhd will remove the processing fee for customers who pay either through online banking and credit card from October onwards.

Tan Sri probably read your previous reply here and decided to restore nobility :D

AirAsia to remove processing fee in October
Tan Sri probably read your previous reply here and decided to restore nobility :D

More like responding to MAVCOM's requirements ;)

Remind me again, why do we need less regulation (and be more business friendly) in the aviation industry? :)

More like responding to MAVCOM's requirements ;)

Remind me again, why do we need less regulation (and be more business friendly) in the aviation industry? :)

I think he only did so due to Bank Negara ruling. He doesn't give two forks about MavComm. He went on Twitter to rant on MavComm for past few days. No surprise from TF.

However, there are still terms and condition: Those using Union Pay (RM 16 per guest per booking)and direct debit banking payment options (RM 4 per guest per booking) are still subject to processing fee.

I can understand why there was a klia2 fee but having to pay a fee for paying them is a mystery to me. Good thing they abolished the klia2 fee some time ago and incorporate it into their base fare.

It is a step in the right direction as far as unreasonable charges is concerned.

AirAsia to MAHB: Focus on klia2 problems, instead of KLIA- klia2 integration plan

See:

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/airasia-mahb-focus-klia2-problems-instead-klia-klia2-integration-plan

Two sides to a coin...both airports can feed airasia numbers vice versa, other side TF being selfish himself wanting to keep all the pax to himself. Oh, love him, hate him at the same time.

Still find it puzzling both have no airside connection.

Two sides to a coin...both airports can feed airasia numbers vice versa, other side TF being selfish himself wanting to keep all the pax to himself. Oh, love him, hate him at the same time.

Ding Ding!

Well, Malindo moved from klia2 to KLIA when they started code sharing and interlining with other FSCs. So klia2 is simply too onerous for such ops.

Didn't MAHB start an airside bus service between the two terminals?

Edited by flee

Why would AirAsia oppose an integrated airport? Weird.... Wonder why..........

They have already stated in their statement - spending a lot of money on integration is wasteful because the potential extra business to klia2 is small. Money is better spent on improvements to existing sub standard facilities.

AirAsia risks more fines for violation

See:

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/airasia-risks-more-fines-violation

But not for klia :(

Yes sadly.......but this seems to be a victory for AirAsia as previously bar took side with MAHB reagrding the PSC hike.

Seems like TF and his team is sticking two middle fingers at BAR and MAHB now! Double whammy for MAHB in a week!

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/board-airline-representatives-skewed-towards-protecting-full-service-carriers-says-airasia

Yes sadly.......but this seems to be a victory for AirAsia as previously bar took side with MAHB reagrding the PSC hike.

Seems like TF and his team is sticking two middle fingers at BAR and MAHB now! Double whammy for MAHB in a week!

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/board-airline-representatives-skewed-towards-protecting-full-service-carriers-says-airasia

Due to design of terminal, opex of kul t1 and t2 are expensive.

Next stage of sandiwara ?

Reduce PSC at klia to RM50 as well :)

Rakyat will then be so 'un-burdened' by the RM23 difference, notwithstanding that vast majority of said rakyat who would feel pinch resulting from that RM23 difference in PSC, would likely not be travelling at all in the first place

And will gahmen lose out big time financially ?

Not likely, thank goodness there is the departure levy already in place to soften the impact

Still a shortfall in revenue ? No worries - where there is a will, there will be taxes ...... :D

Sandiwara has already begun - the airlines' trade association has spoken:

PSC cut has created uneven playing field for airlines, claims IATA

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/psc-cut-has-created-uneven-playing-field-airlines-claims-iata

Reduce PSC at klia to RM50 as well :)

Rakyat will then be so 'un-burdened' by the RM23 difference, notwithstanding that vast majority of said rakyat who would feel pinch resulting from that RM23 difference in PSC, would likely not be travelling at all in the first place

And will gahmen lose out big time financially ?

Not likely, thank goodness there is the departure levy already in place to soften the impact

Still a shortfall in revenue ? No worries - where there is a will, there will be taxes ...... :D

Well the RM23 goes to MAHB - so govt. has not lost any revenue.

In fact, for tickets bought this September, pax will have to pay both the RM 23 AND the RM 20 exit tax. The exit tax will go to the government's coffers.

Sign in to follow this