MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Malaysia Airports claiming RM36 mil in unpaid fees from AirAsia

Ok,

Got a reply from AK stating that my refund is rejected due to one of the following reasons.

• Your booking consist of one or more future flight(s), or; (this was my return flight from KUL)
  • the guest has boarded this flight, or; (I boarded the first sector KUL -BKI, but not the second one)
  • the booking number is incorrect; or (booking number is certainly correct)
  • more than 6 months from the date of departure (my flight was mid October)

When I file for airport tax return I did specify the flight number, which was compulsory. Is it recommended to have 2 separate booking in cases like this?

Anyway, I am trying to file another claim and see how it goes.

I get more annoyed when these red folks ask me to use Bigpay instead of my credit card. Only useful for the exchange rate nothing else. In few years time probably all payment services and clients in all levels and departments will be under their vendor or partners.

BigPay is only free at the moment. Under the T&C, there is a list of charges which are waived for the moment. Who knows when TF will decide to charge. Worse, if you don't use your card in a calendar month, there is a fee to be paid, which is waived for know. Verdict: Useless prepaid card.

They can stop collecting, but they got to pay. So these are the money we paid to the airport facility that AK kept, and resulted in lack of maintenance?

Tried to redeem Big points...but can only be done via credit card payment (not sure why wasn't allow M2U cash)...then get charged RM32 for cc ...hahaha...

Tried to redeem Big points...but can only be done via credit card payment (not sure why wasn't allow M2U cash)...then get charged RM32 for cc ...hahaha...

Haha, that's one of the feature of Big Points redemption. U can't use on direct debit payment iirc.

Haha, that's one of the feature of Big Points redemption. U can't use on direct debit payment iirc.

Air asia products e.g big points is meant to use within their eco system, otherwise would be expensive.

The klia2 fee is the aerobridge fee.

Thanks for the clarification.

They can stop collecting, but they got to pay. So these are the money we paid to the airport facility that AK kept, and resulted in lack of maintenance?

That klia2 fee has nothing to do with MAHB charges - it is Airasia trying to tell everyone that operating from klia2 costs additional money and they charged RM 3 to cover those extra costs. It is Airasia's charge, not MAHB. About time it was abolished!

Hero... no shame on them. If we don’t like a tax we can’t simply just say oh I’m not going to pay all of it because I do t agree. Very simple the airport just needs to collect it themselves before people check in. IMHO this a very regressive step.

I recall many years back KLIA2 fee was for SITA. AK had a working ticketing system, but was forced to migrate as MAHB refused to budge.

I love how people claim he's a hero when the fee is absolute bollocks in the first place (no other airline has this fee). If, and a very big if, it's the aerobridge fee as claimed, be like all carriers and just include it in the ticket price (I'd rather not see lined items like ATC clearance fee, taxiway charges, escalator fee etc. on my ticket).

Equalize the PSC and everyone is all up and arms about it but when they get charged a BS fee, they are good with it. Some people just fall prey to the PR stunt a little too easily.

MAHB: We did not impose KLIA2 Fee

Edited by Craig

I love how people claim he's a hero when the fee is absolute bollocks in the first place (no other airline has this fee). If, and a very big if, it's the aerobridge fee as claimed, be like all carriers and just include it in the ticket price (I'd rather not see lined items like ATC clearance fee, taxiway charges, escalator fee etc. on my ticket).

Equalize the PSC and everyone is all up and arms about it but when they get charged a BS fee, they are good with it. Some people just fall prey to the PR stunt a little too easily.

Personally, I think that the PSC for the Main Terminal Building (klia1) should be brought down to klia2 level. That would be an equitable compromise for all. AirAsia is able to maintain its PSC, while at the same time being on a level playing field with other airlines operating out of the MTB.

Well said

Ok,

Got a reply from AK stating that my refund is rejected due to one of the following reasons.

• Your booking consist of one or more future flight(s), or; (this was my return flight from KUL)
  • the guest has boarded this flight, or; (I boarded the first sector KUL -BKI, but not the second one)
  • the booking number is incorrect; or (booking number is certainly correct)
  • more than 6 months from the date of departure (my flight was mid October)

When I file for airport tax return I did specify the flight number, which was compulsory. Is it recommended to have 2 separate booking in cases like this?

Anyway, I am trying to file another claim and see how it goes.

Just to put a closure this matter. After AK turned down my claim twice I decided to file a complaint with MAVCOM on Dec 29. On Jan 7 AK acknowledge that they have received the complaint from MAVCOM, and would initiate investigation. On Jan 14 AK to allow the refund of airport tax to my credit account. It was subsequently done on the 22 Jan with validity until Mac this year. 6 months from my initial flight. Total amount less than RM20.

If considered as A&P expenditure, that RM 40M could perhaps be considered good value for positive vibe generated amongst existing and potential customers - when was the last time anyone tried to save you a few bucks without you asking for it ?! :)

(old, stubborn sceptics however ...... :D)

If considered as A&P expenditure, that RM 40M could perhaps be considered good value for positive vibe generated amongst existing and potential customers - when was the last time anyone tried to save you a few bucks without you asking for it ?! :)

As long as those customers don't subsequently complain about how crappy KLIA/T2 is and the increased reliance on retail revenue....

Sign in to follow this