MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Lovely addition, but why that schedule (or rather most flights to and from SOQ)?

No idea, but I guess it maybe a good timing for people to make their way to Raja Ampat since there is a whole day ahead of them?

Isn't Komodo Island to be closed from 2020 on wards to allow rehabilitation? Find it surprising they are adding it to their route map.

https://www.nst.com.my/world/2019/07/505635/komodo-island-be-closed-2020

As Indonesian says it "Rute coba-coba". The route maybe planned before the announcement.

Still wondering where is the Belitung and Bayuwangi route. I hope they start flying Batam, Natuna and Waingapu.

No idea, but I guess it maybe a good timing for people to make their way to Raja Ampat since there is a whole day ahead of them?

As Indonesian says it "Rute coba-coba". The route maybe planned before the announcement.

Still wondering where is the Belitung and Bayuwangi route. I hope they start flying Batam, Natuna and Waingapu.

LMAO, rute coba coba...this is my first time hearing this. How long can they test it for? Would local authorities allow such practise? My understanding is AirAsia Indonesia is particularly weak in domestic front hence they swift focus to international route. Has this plan changed? Edited by JuliusWong

LMAO, rute coba coba...this is my first time hearing this. How long can they test it for? Would local authorities allow such practise? My understanding is AirAsia Indonesia is particularly weak in domestic front hence they swift focus to international route. Has this plan changed?

Indonesia Airasia is the lowest performing of the three Airasias (Malaysia/Thai/Indonesia). However, it improved significantly last year and is again expanding its fleet this year. They are now looking at new routes to operate and strengthening the domestic network might be their new plan.

Airasia trying out new routes is nothing new - we have seen this time and time again. They introduce new routes and suspend them quickly if they don't perform.

Isn't Komodo Island to be closed from 2020 on wards to allow rehabilitation? Find it surprising they are adding it to their route map.

https://www.nst.com.my/world/2019/07/505635/komodo-island-be-closed-2020

Whatever it is, the route is now inaugurated:

https://travel.kompas.com/read/2019/08/03/080100827/penerbangan-perdana-airasia-ke-labuan-bajo

Tanjung Pandan, Belitung Island

Eff 01Oct19

QZ712 CGK-TJQ 1655-1755 1H00M DAILY

QZ713 TJQ-CGK 1820-1920 1H00M DAILY

Eff 02Oct19

QZ246 KUL-TJQ 1105-1145 1H40M 1-3-5-7

QZ247 TJQ-KUL 1210-1445 1H35M 1-3-5-7

Indonesia AirAsia expands Malaysia network in 4Q19

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/285931/indonesia-airasia-expands-malaysia-network-in-4q19/

AirAsia connects Kuala Lumpur to the hidden island paradise of Belitung

https://newsroom.airasia.com/news/2019/8/19/airasia-connects-kuala-lumpur-to-the-hidden-island-paradise-of-belitung

AirAsia X plans Tokyo Narita service resumption in late-Nov 2019

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/285930/airasia-x-plans-tokyo-narita-service-resumption-in-late-nov-2019/

Edited by flee

Wow didn't expect AK offload partial PNK route to QZ.

AirAsia really take the QZ crew to work real hard making KUL as QZ virtual hub to most Indo cities.

Rumor FD is dropping DMK - BKI for a second time?

Again? That's only slightly over a year of service.

If not mistake for Airasia group if load is not 75% consistently in 3months I'll be up for consideration for termination. Fsc are also doing this kind of thing now but with slightly lower load margin. In the 90s airlines would only axe if loads is below 30%. Edited by jahur

If not mistake for Airasia group if load is not 75% consistently in 3months I'll be up for consideration for termination. Fsc are also doing this kind of thing now but with slightly lower load margin. In the 90s airlines would only axe if loads is below 30%.

number wise, it make sense.

number wise, it make sense.

for the plane to be more than half full and still not break even means airlines are slicing down yields just to give dumpster fares to passengers. Good for consumers but not good to run businesses in the Long run quality goes down gradually. You're seeing this in other industry such as hotels and automobile as well.

Fsc are also doing this kind of thing now but with slightly lower load margin. In the 90s airlines would only axe if loads is below 30%.

In the 90s you wouldn't have found bargain basement fares that many take for granted today. Edited by Chris Tan

In the 90s you wouldn't have found bargain basement fares that many take for granted today.

And How much legroom and seat width was taken out gradually to facilitate basement fares? 34 inch was the standard, then 32inch then 30inch now the a321neo is sporting 28inch. In another 5 years probably 26inch with plastic chairs that ryanair seeks to use. Edited by jahur

for the plane to be more than half full and still not break even means airlines are slicing down yields just to give dumpster fares to passengers. Good for consumers but not good to run businesses in the Long run quality goes down gradually. You're seeing this in other industry such as hotels and automobile as well.

yes, that is agreed. just like the old MH story of Langkawi to Manchester which requires more than 100% load factor to break even. LOL.

yes, that is agreed. just like the old MH story of Langkawi to Manchester which requires more than 100% load factor to break even. LOL.

Perhaps the plan was to sell the jump seats to break even ? 😁

If not mistake for Airasia group if load is not 75% consistently in 3months I'll be up for consideration for termination. Fsc are also doing this kind of thing now but with slightly lower load margin. In the 90s airlines would only axe if loads is below 30%.

then what is the min criteria for them to add frequency for existing route? eg, 3weekly to daily. daily to twice daily etc

Perhaps the plan was to sell the jump seats to break even ?

If it's up front in the cockpit, I may have been tempted to give it a go, even at a premium :)

But I guess this would be an extreme case in reality, very rare beyond confines of our community here really :)

Heard from a friend of mine (AK staff based at SBW) that SIN-SBW might be temporarily delayed,pending approval from Singapore authorities. Let's hope it will proceed as planned.