MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Honestly, theres no draw in Kuchings tourism.

Basically maybe TF trying psycho the gomen. I can build the route n cancel even its 100% load so wat.. u aint like bki...got land.got sea got sumandak got pirates got joker center...

But if market correctly sarawak is different market segment. Sigh seeing memang ada

Tepuk dada tanya selera

Once again..."load 100pc" dont mean the route is profitable.

I think around 90pc of the passengers are from China....if the chinese tour operators dont get a good price then they dont take again some seats.

Btw....first the route was daily....then reduction to 4/7.....

AirAsia X may commence services between Japan and US west coast with A330neo
31-Jan-2019

AirAsia X CEO Benyamin Ismail reportedly stated the airline will consider commencing services between Japan and the US West Coast with A330neo aircraft, due for delivery from 2020 (aviationwire.jp/Nikkei/impress.co.jp, 30/31-Jan-2019). Mr Ismail reportedly said the A330neo will have the range to reach Los Angeles and San Francisco from Japan. The airline currently operates Kuala Lumpur-Osaka-Honolulu service.

So far a rumour, but Tony twitterted that too last week when he visited the headquarter from Jet Blue in New York.

So maybe AirAsia X to LAX and / or SFO and from there further on Codehare or Interlining with Jet Blue to New York, Boston and Florida.

Lolx, didn't they start Silangit almost at the same time last year?

They started 28th October.

But as i wrote....yields were sooooo deep.

And Malindo was faster to cancel Subang-Silangit ;-)

Philippines AirAsia

Kalibo - Taipeh 4/7 from 28th march

They started 28th October.

But as i wrote....yields were sooooo deep.

And Malindo was faster to cancel Subang-Silangit ;-)

Philippines AirAsia

Kalibo - Taipeh 4/7 from 28th march

Surpirisng that any airline would cancel new route faster than AK!

I had a browse at the AK and D7 destinations from KUL and wonder why AK or D7 do not serve these destinations:

1. Haikou - understood there was a fight with MAVCOM so AK dropped it because it pissed-off?

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2018/06/11/mavcom-rejects-airasias-application-for-more-kl-haikou-kk-sandakan-flights/1640894

2. Kathmandu - understandably there was a fight with the local partner and Nepali regulators on landing fees/airport charges so AK and D7 dropped it because it pissed-off.

3. Mumbai - this is really weird. Is there a bilateral restriction?

4. Surabaya - why only QZ serves this route but not AK?

5. Xiamen - thought this is a pretty big Chinese city.

On the flip side, what is so special about Kochi that everyone (AK, MH and OD) serve it? I could only think of an incentive by the airport/local government.

I had a browse at the AK and D7 destinations from KUL and wonder why AK or D7 do not serve these destinations:

1. Haikou - understood there was a fight with MAVCOM so AK dropped it because it pissed-off?

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2018/06/11/mavcom-rejects-airasias-application-for-more-kl-haikou-kk-sandakan-flights/1640894

2. Kathmandu - understandably there was a fight with the local partner and Nepali regulators on landing fees/airport charges so AK and D7 dropped it because it pissed-off.

3. Mumbai - this is really weird. Is there a bilateral restriction?

4. Surabaya - why only QZ serves this route but not AK?

5. Xiamen - thought this is a pretty big Chinese city.

On the flip side, what is so special about Kochi that everyone (AK, MH and OD) serve it? I could only think of an incentive by the airport/local government.

1) Dropping a destination because the airline is pissed off is rather myopic. Mavcom wants to prevent predatory pricing (as implied on the news article you posted)

2) It's bilateral restriction. MH/OD have already used 24 out of the 28 available weekly rights available.

3) Indeed it is

Everybody loves COK but only one loves PUS

When AK dropped Haikou, MAVCOM's action has created a duopoly which is a form of predatory pricing (the very thing it wants to prevent in the first place) and definitely anti-competition. Customer's lost here.

ab1092216f9964e62485ebf0deb9c475.gif

When AK dropped Haikou, MAVCOM's action has created a duopoly which is a form of predatory pricing (the very thing it wants to prevent in the first place) and definitely anti-competition. Customer's lost here.

Mavcom did not ask AK to drop their HAK services - AK did it on their own right. Duopoly is not predatory pricing. AK is the sole operator on certain routes too. Nobody is stopping AK from resuming their (limited?) service to HAK. There's also a reason why MH/OD doesn't go beyond 2-3 weekly flights (even though they could).

Not sure about MH, but passenger numbers are good on OD and AK. No statistics but based on pilots experience doing the TRZ flights on both airline. The ground support team in TRZ are super efficient too.

Not sure about MH, but passenger numbers are good on OD and AK. No statistics but based on pilots experience doing the TRZ flights on both airline. The ground support team in TRZ are super efficient too.

MH doesn't fly to TRZ (I don't think they ever did). COK was a brief stint before it was suspended. I might be wrong, but I think TRZ is mainly VFR traffic where as COK is business and tourist traffic.

There is a Hindu pilgrimage site near TRZ. Not sure what it is but it does contribute to some traffic.

Edited by Radzi

There is a Hindu pilgrimage site near TRZ. Not sure what it is but it does contribute to some traffic.

True that. They have both, Hindu and Christian pilgrimage areas. For the HIndu's, there are many temples there within the TRZ area and Thanjavur whereas for the Christians, they have Vellankani which is located 90 minutes towards the coast.

Before AK and TRZ, MH and AI used to have plane loads of pax to MAA who would then continue their journey to various destinations within South India including TRZ, BLR, HYD, COK etc.

AirAsia

Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta from 5x daily new 6x daily from march ( plus 4x daily Indonesia AirAsia )

Kuala Lumpur - Guangzhou from 21/7 new 24/7 from march

AirAsis Indonesia

Soon AirAsia will announce a new destination: Labuan Bojo on Komodo Island daily from Denpasar!

Lovely addition :) Is it seasonal?

Thai AirAsia

ChiangMai - Da Nang daily from 12th April

AirAsia

Kuala Lumpur - Da Nang from 10/7 new 14/7 from 8th April

Da Nang will then be served 3 times daily from DMK, 2 times daily KUL and daily CNX.

Vietnam network

vietnamk7jj6.gif

AirAsia India

Dehli - Indore 1 daily *new*
Dehli - Srinigar from 2x daily new 3x daily
Dehli - Bangalore from 2x daily new 3x daily
Dehli - Pune from 2x daily new 3x daily

From 25th march, 7th A320 for Dehli

AirAsia

Kuala Lumpur - Da Nang from 10/7 new 14/7 from 8th April

Da Nang will then be served 3 times daily from DMK, 2 times daily KUL and daily CNX.

Vietnam network

vietnamk7jj6.gif

Off topic but does anyone know if we can do a map above but with the Google Maps layout?