MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Probably they gonna start KUL-AKL vv direct with A330Neo?

I believed KUL-AKL flights always full

There is always that possibility.

Although the flights are full, yields are low because the cost of operating the flights is high.

Edited by flee

I think its more that onestop-flights are producing a lot of more costs!

I was in OOL in february and take a look at the AAX-Ops there. The crew changed always in OOL. So you need 2 crews and the jet is long time on the way because of the 2 stops.

The only other one-stop KUL-KIX-HNL is a bit different because the mainmarket ( i think 90% ) is between KIX and HNL. So you can get good yields on both legs, KUL to KIX and KIX to HNL.

Maybe the same with the future KUL-TPE-KIX.

OOL to AKL is not yieldstrong enough to make it work. All around OOL is leisure traffic.

A333 is too big, not suitable for all route.

Its not the size but the performance on that route - it can't fly KUL-AKL non-stop with full payload. Stopping at OOL kills its economics as there are additional airport charges incurred. D7's loads to AKL are good but yields are horrible.

Per spies from the AK Gossip Division:

Management find load hardly reach 70% for OOL-AKL on all flights. That's why reduced frequency then cancelled. KUL-OOL is doing well but need a flight number change.

Per spies from the AK Gossip Division:

"Management find load hardly reach 70% for OOL-AKL on all flights. That's why reduced frequency then cancelled. KUL-OOL is doing well but need a flight number change."

Flight number change?

Fukuoka - Kuala Lumpur is coming!

You can select it on the homepage. So far without flights!

Kuala Lumpur - Fukuoka 4/7 from 28th february

PETALING JAYA: AirAsia X will fly to Fukuoka in Japan, starting February next year.

AirAsia X Group commercial head Barry Klipp said flights will run four times a week.

He said that the launch of the new route will be a boost for tourism of both cities and also strengthen bilateral ties between Malaysia and Japan

AirAsia India

Indigo is killing nearly everything in India with his mega growth ( so far in 2018 47 A320! and 9 ATR72 ).

AirAsia India will canx the following routes in January:

Bangalore-Amritsar

Bangalore-Surat

Bangalore-Nagpur

Kolkata-Nagpur

Kolkata-Imphal

AirAsia India

Indigo is killing nearly everything in India with his mega growth ( so far in 2018 47 A320! and 9 ATR72 ).

AirAsia India will canx the following routes in January:

Bangalore-Amritsar

Bangalore-Surat

Bangalore-Nagpur

Kolkata-Nagpur

Kolkata-Imphal

Will we sees some of the aircraft being transferred to Malaysia as they are rapidly expanding/increasing frequency over here?

Will we sees some of the aircraft being transferred to Malaysia as they are rapidly expanding/increasing frequency over here?

I think they will hold their fleet at 20 aircraft and use the spare capacity for international routes.

Thats both not possible.

1. They need to reach 20 jets to fly international ( now they have 19 ).

2. The indian rule says that at least 20 jets must stay in the domestic market...only number 21 22 and so on can be used for international services.

AirAsia

Kuala Lumpur - Kuantan from 1x new 2x daily from January

Kuala Lumpur - Hua Hin from 4/7 new daily from February

Kuala Lumpur - Penang from 15x daily new 17x daily from February

AirAsia

Kuala Lumpur - Kuantan from 1x new 2x daily from January

Kuala Lumpur - Hua Hin from 4/7 new daily from February

Kuala Lumpur - Penang from 15x daily new 17x daily from February

The timing of Hua Hin and Kuantan is rather interesting. Hua Hin increase is almost at the end of their peak tourist season whilst Kuantan is at the tail end of the monsoon season too (and I assume KUA is mainly for connecting traffic)?