MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Has anyone failed to get a US visa before? I mean fellow Malaysians that we know.

The rejection rate of US Visa for Malaysians is about 3% and mostly due to wrong filling of the application form.

I have had mine done last year and it was smooth, I queued like 30 minutes for my turn to be interviewed and took less than a minute to be asked with 3 simple questions and to be told my visa was approved and passport ready to be collected next day.

Well, I suppose if you follow the guidelines to fill up the forms accordingly, you would have your visa granted. But again a granted visa never guarantee your access to the US. I was made known Malaysia Govt has collaborated with US Govt and shared our data and hence US, namely FBI... CIA.. are able to access Malaysia data, our MyKad.. passports..

Suffice to say that the US borders would know who are the people will enter US today and if they found anyone suspicious, even before he or she boarding the flight or cruise or any method of transportation to US, the airlines or transportation company would be contacted to deny the boarding of the suspect.

The rejection rate of US Visa for Malaysians is about 3% and mostly due to wrong filling of the application form.

I have had mine done last year and it was smooth, I queued like 30 minutes for my turn to be interviewed and took less than a minute to be asked with 3 simple questions and to be told my visa was approved and passport ready to be collected next day.

Well, I suppose if you follow the guidelines to fill up the forms accordingly, you would have your visa granted. But again a granted visa never guarantee your access to the US. I was made known Malaysia Govt has collaborated with US Govt and shared our data and hence US, namely FBI... CIA.. are able to access Malaysia data, our MyKad.. passports..

Suffice to say that the US borders would know who are the people will enter US today and if they found anyone suspicious, even before he or she boarding the flight or cruise or any method of transportation to US, the airlines or transportation company would be contacted to deny the boarding of the suspect.

The low rejection rate is one of the reasons why Malaysia is/was (?) on the roadmap towards the inclusion into the Visa Waiver Program. USA and Malaysia even signed a few security agreements towards this. But then Trump happened.

The low rejection rate is one of the reasons why Malaysia is/was (?) on the roadmap towards the inclusion into the Visa Waiver Program. USA and Malaysia even signed a few security agreements towards this. But then Trump happened.

With or without Trump, US won't compromise their security. But the new US Presidency may add more fuss on the security.

Has anyone failed to get a US visa before? I mean fellow Malaysians that we know.

Me. I applied in 2007 and was rejected. They only told me the reason being is that I am "not qualified" and I "should not reapply unless my circumstances change".

Pissed off, I flew to LHR with MH in First Class the following week.

With or without Trump, US won't compromise their security. But the new US Presidency may add more fuss on the security.

Trump has business interests with Malaysians. I'm sure there are back channel overtures going on.

As for the visa I know of 2 people who couldn't get one - my ex-boss & my ex-colleague. In my ex-colleague's case they said he didn't show enough ties to Malaysia that proved he won't be staying illegally in America. At the time he was financially clean (no loan record whatsoever) and his sister's already an American PR by marriage so I guess that raised a red flag.

Well I guess it's really depending on your luck and after the fiasco of the Muslim travellers being denied entry to US, from those who originally born in UK and Europe...

I have a business partner shared the experience with me where there were C-level clients in Malaysia being invited to attend forum in US, with proper letter from the US HQ and Visa, one of the clients was also remanded for 2 hours in interrogation room. No reason at all, just 2 hours remanded and have to sit and stay quiet and be patient until he got cleared eventually...

AirAsia X Indonesia Launches Denpasar-Mumbai Flight Route

JAKARTA, NETRALNEWS.COM – Low-cost carrier AirAsia X Indonesia has officially serviced flights from Denpasar to Mumbai, India by transit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Dendy Kurniawan, AirAsia Group CEO for Indonesia, said the opening of Bali-Mumbai route on Friday (5/19) is part of AirAsia's commitment to support the national tourism sector.
"With the cost-effective long-haul flights connecting the two destinations, we believe this cooperation can support the Indonesian government's efforts to bring in 20 million foreign tourists by 2019," Dendy said on Saturday (5/120).
Sulistyo Nugroho Hanung, President Director of AirAsia X Indonesia, said the opening of the route is a response to the increasing demand of tourist arrivals from India to Bali, as well as to realize the dream of Indian tourists to take vacations in Bali.
More:

AirAsia X touches down in Honolulu, Hawaii

HONOLULU - Flight D7 001 from long-haul low-cost carrier AirAsia X landed at Honolulu International Airport on June 28, marking the airline’s first foray into the US.
The four times weekly route departed from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Honolulu, Hawaii via Osaka, Japan.
The successful inaugural flight was followed by a celebration and press conference event at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, graced by State of Hawaii Chief of Staff Mike McCartney; Malaysian Ambassador to the US HE Tan Sri Dr Zulhasnan Rafique; Hawaii Tourism Authority President and CEO George D. Szigeti; AirAsia X Chairperson Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz and AirAsia X CEO Benyamin Ismail.
More:

Kuching to have direct Shenzhen flight — CM

KUCHING: An airline is expected to start operating a direct flight between Kuching and Shenzhen, China by the end of this year, said Chief Minister Datuk Amar Abang Johari Tun Openg.

He said Shenzhen will be one of the cities to be connected to Kuching through cooperation between the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports and the airline.

“Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah is working together with AirAsia to connect Kuching as a hub to the other cities where they can fly direct to Kuching.

Source

Thai AirAsia X to add routes in 2018

"We are readying our growth plan once the red flag issue is over," TAAX director and founder Tassapon Bijleveld told the Bangkok Post.

He did not specify the countries in the region which TAAX plans to serve, but cited Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Croatia and Hungary as possibilities. Mr Tassapon described Eastern Europe as not too...

Full report:

AirAsia X launches maiden flight to Jeju Island from KL

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 9): Long-haul low-cost carrier AirAsia X Bhd will be the first airline to operate direct flights to Jeju Island, South Korea, from Kuala Lumpur.
Speaking to reporters at a press conference here today, its chief executive officer Benyamin Ismail said the airline will be commencing the flight to Jeju four times weekly starting Dec 12, 2017, with promotional all-in fares from RM199 one-way.
"We are proud to be the only airline to operate direct flights to Jeju, South Korea from Kuala Lumpur, connecting the beautiful island with Malaysia and the rest of Asia and beyond through Asia's LCC hub," said Benyamin.
"South Korea is an important market and we have seen tremendous growth from our existing routes to Seoul and Busan which will now be complemented by our new service to Jeju, saving our guests the hassle of domestic transit to the island province," Benyamin added.
More here:
AirAsia X schedules Dec 2017 Jeju launch:

AirAsia plans Kuching – Shenzhen Dec 2017 launch

See: http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/275465/airasia-plans-kuching-shenzhen-dec-2017-launch/

AirAsia X files S18 preliminary new routes

AirAsia X in the GDS and the week of 29OCT17’s OAG Schedules Analyser update filed preliminary schedule for additional routes to China and India, scheduled for summer 2018 season.

See: http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/275466/airasia-x-files-s18-preliminary-new-routes/