MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Yes understood. I was on one of those flights too from LHR. Thank god comfortable enough to sleep half the time :clapping:

Insider rumour, to be confirmed: AirAsia X KUL-IST-BCN will start on 30th October 2016.

Scoot formally start selling Athens, starting on 30th June 2017

23s6dtl.jpg

AirAsia X: London will be first

Asia's biggest long-haul low-cost carrier AirAsia X says it will return to London in 2018, following its Singapore competitor Scoot's decision this week to launch its first European services in 2017.

Scoot will fly from Singapore to Athens four times a week from June 2017 with its launch offers marking the return of ultra-cheap fares on the world's longest air route between Australia and Europe.

See more at: http://www.airlineratings.com/news/767/airasia-x-london-will-be-first#sthash.okfnR3d7.dpuf

AirAsia X expands Melbourne frequencies in NW16

AirAsia X during peak season plans to expand operational frequencies on Kuala Lumpur – Melbourne route, currently scheduled at 14 weekly level. From 01DEC16 to 31JAN17, extra 3 weekly flights will be added, bringing total number of weekly flights to 17.

D7212 KUL1000 – 2110MEL 330 D

D7210 KUL1910 – 0600+1MEL 330 456

D7214 KUL2230 – 0920+1MEL 330 D

D7213 MEL0125 – 0640KUL 330 D

D7211 MEL0730 – 1245KUL 330 567

D7215 MEL1035 – 1550KUL 330 D

Additional Frequency:

Kuala Lumpur to Sydney: 14x weekly
Kuala Lumpur to Perth: 14x weekly
Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast: 11x weekly
Kuala Lumpur Shanghai: 11x weekly
Kuala Lumpur to Beijing: 11x weekly
Kuala Lumpur to Osaka: 10x weekly

New addition for AirAsia Malaysia: Luang Prabang, Laos. No detail yet on inaugural flight.

I wish flights to Myanmar and Laos can be more affordable. Due to low frequency, the ticket price are on high end even with promo.

Also, I wish they can mount KL-Mandalay direct flight.

New addition for AirAsia Malaysia: Luang Prabang, Laos. No detail yet on inaugural flight.

I wish flights to Myanmar and Laos can be more affordable. Due to low frequency, the ticket price are on high end even with promo.

Also, I wish they can mount KL-Mandalay direct flight.

No competition, that's why!

AirAsia X eyes LCC partnership to support European return

AirAsia X will return to the European market from 2018 when it starts to receive its Airbus A330neos and it is seeking a possible partner to help feed its routes, according to the budget carrier’s chief executive officer, Benyamin Ismail.

AirAsia X will return to the European market from 2018 when it starts to receive its Airbus A330neos, the Malaysian budget carrier’s chief executive officer, Benyamin Ismail confirmed to Routesonline during the World Routes air service development forum in Chengdu, China. The airline is currently working with Airbus to finalise the definition of the aircraft and a possible increase in premium seating in preparation for these flights, with London top of the list.
“We are looking at the whole Europe opportunity and how it fits into our network jigsaw. We have succeeded in growing across ASEAN by establishing a presence in many markets, but this is not feasible in parts of Europe where major rivals are already well established,” explained Ismail. “Once we fly back to London, we will look to find a partner that day as setting up an AirAsia in UK would be difficult.”
Not deviating from its low-cost ethos, this operator would certainly come from the low-cost sector and Ismail highlighted easyJet and Ryanair as both possible options. “I would probably say that easyJet is the operator closest to us in terms of our model,” he added. This would also work with the airline’s preference to serve Gatwick Airport, where he is impressed with the facility’s Gatwick Connect flight transfer offering.

The most logical and cheapest way is to go to the largest Eastern-most European city and forge a partnership with its LCC to serve other European cities to its West.

Shortest flight from KUL. And no backtracking to the other European cities.

I am suggesting IST/SAW and Pegasus.

The most logical and cheapest way is to go to the largest Eastern-most European city and forge a partnership with its LCC to serve other European cities to its West.

While I do agree with you on this, however one should be careful if we are looking at long run. Turkey economic and political situation have been highly volatile for the past few years and will be so for next few years. Turkey is indeed the best choice, but it is also one of the most competitive market dominated by Turkish Airlines and its low cost subsidiary Anadolujet. Turkish Airlines has all the muscles to edge out any potential newcomers.

I don't think they are thinking like that. They are only going to pass pax on to other airlines only if the route does not make commercial sense. So you can more or less guarantee that the first two routes they operate to Europe will be London and Paris because they used to carry good loads.

They might add Frankfurt, Barcelona and Rome later on. Other places in EU might be served through connections from these directly served ports of call.

Seems to make the most sense right? Hmm.....

Indeed.

If that is the company's plan (seeking a European LCC partner to feed its routes) and I work with AK/D7, this is top in the agenda.

Pegasus serves 103 destinations from IST/SAW, which I think is quite substantial and they are flying to almost all major European cities.

But PGS "on time" rating is not much perfect compare by THY. It's true, PGS is very powerfull budget airline in Turkey and every months two more aircraft joining the fleet, now they have own ground service companies. Does it work to connection or continue to flight as seperate airlines via SAW? yes, does work but you have to get some risk to wait more than expected, especially peek sessions or official holidays.

But PGS "on time" rating is not much perfect compare by THY. It's true, PGS is very powerfull budget airline in Turkey and every months two more aircraft joining the fleet, now they have own ground service companies. Does it work to connection or continue to flight as seperate airlines via SAW? yes, does work but you have to get some risk to wait more than expected, especially peek sessions or official holidays.

I think it's ok, D7's OTP is somewhat similar I suppose.

Is PGS performance like this only at SAW or at all ports?

Edited by jani

Is PGS performance like this only at SAW or at all ports?

For today, only in SAW and only PGS planes. Maybe in future they could be expand other hub ADB (Izmir, Adnan Menderes) and more frequently flights destination.

But nowadays somethings wrong in PGS. CEO has been changed at the beginning of this year. Last week suddenly, PGS gets some critical decisions about management level changed or retired, older "flyer" managers to turn back flight line (cockpit), then salary cuts of cabin crews and dismissals of ground service staff. (for cabin crew offers about salary cut and less work days like as part time or dismissals). Rumours says that, PGS is going on decrease cause of Turkish Aviation market shrinks after coup attempt and some financial rates.

Earlier this evening, there was an Executive Talk session with Tony Fernandes organized by Negeri Sembilan PTD Association.

During the talk session,TF mentioned that D7 will be flying to Europe again next year. 2 destinations,Milan and London. Flight to London going to be relaunched in June. I don't know wether this is true or not. But he was serious during that time.

Earlier this evening, there was an Executive Talk session with Tony Fernandes organized by Negeri Sembilan PTD Association.

During the talk session,TF mentioned that D7 will be flying to Europe again next year. 2 destinations,Milan and London. Flight to London going to be relaunched in June. I don't know wether this is true or not. But he was serious during that time.

It is fundamentally true as TF has been repeating the same statement many times over, the relaunching now depends on how well the A339neo development goes.