MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

On my flight from KUL - PER I'd noticed that the Premium & Quiet Zone were dimmed almost throughout the entire flight. On the return, the front sector had the windows shades closed despite it being an early morning flight.

I guess going to sleep can be easier if you are on the Premium or Quiet Zone.

On my flight from KUL - PER I'd noticed that the Premium & Quiet Zone were dimmed almost throughout the entire flight. On the return, the front sector had the windows shades closed despite it being an early morning flight.

Yes, usually after meal service, the crew will dim the light and ask passengers to close their window shades. However there is inconsistency. During my recent KUL-TPE flight, the two ladies at Quiet Zone bulkhead seat got into a 'quiet argument' with a steward and leading stewardess when the latter said she could not dim the light at Quiet Zone because if she does so, the 'whole plane would go dark'. Of course, she "went back to check" voila, the Quiet Zone has blue hue light on.

The flatbed cabin is usually dimmed throughout the redeye sector. Quiet Zone is dimmed quite a lot of the time, but the lights come on when they do the meal service or merchandise sales. The Quiet Zone seats are now quite expensive, especially the hot seats. So, it is usually not as full these days.

AirAsia X To Offer KL-Mauritius Direct Flights From Oct 4

CjRRmeLUYAA8MfF.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR, May 25 (Bernama) -- AirAsia X Bhd today announced Mauritius as the latest destination to its growing route network, offering direct flights from Kuala Lumpur three times a week.
Chief Executive Officer Benyamin Ismail said in line with the announcement, the airline was offering a promotional all-in-fare from as low as RM299 one-way for standard seats and from RM999 one-way for premium flatbeds seats.
The promotional fares are available for online booking from May 26 to June 5, for travel period from Oct 4 until May 22 next year.
"We are sure the announcement of this route with the promotional fare will definitely excite the market, especially here in Malaysia," he told a press conference after the launch of the latest destination here, today.
Benyamin said the flight announcement to Mauritius was also perfectly timed as it connected all the points in the company's vast network across Asia and Australia using the FlyThru service.
He also said AirAsia X would begin operating flights to Hawaii soon after getting the regulatory approvals from the United States.
"We've done everything on our side...just waiting because the process for approvals often take longer than expected, particularly for an airline group that does not have any prior experience with the US market," he added.
Meanwhile, Benjamin was optimistic that AirAsia X would be able to sustain its profitable growth this year.
"The management is very confident and the aim is to maintain this positive momentum," he said, adding AirAsia X was optimistic of achieving higher profit by year-end.
Yesterday, AirAsia X announced a pre-tax profit of RM218.52 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2016 compared with a pre-tax loss of RM117.28 million a year ago.
Revenue jumped to RM970.67 million from RM775.37 million, mainly due to the increase in passenger traffic and growth in average base fare.

Anybody aware TAAX is flying to Muscat from 28 June 16 onwards?

XJ555 DMK-MCT DEP1520 - ARR1810

XJ556 MCT-DMK DEP1940 - ARR0440+1

Frequency 246

But yet MAB does not have a presence in Queensland.

I guess this is where an A321neo LR would come in.

No doubt, the suspension of KUL-BNE has helped D7. However, OOL is also a stopover for the D7 KUL-AKL service. So, the extra flights are not such a great increase in capacity. D7 must be hoping that if there is sufficient demand on this route, they can go double daily in the future (e.g. summer 2017 peak season).

Anybody aware TAAX is flying to Muscat from 28 June 16 onwards?

XJ555 DMK-MCT DEP1520 - ARR1810

XJ556 MCT-DMK DEP1940 - ARR0440+1

Frequency 246

It was launched together with Tehran, somehow Tehran outshone MCT. 3x weekly looks weak though, but this shall suffice for a new route.

Source: http://atwonline.com/airlines/thai-airasia-x-open-new-muscat-route

http://timesofoman.com/article/84929/Oman/Transport/Cheaper-Bangkok-fare-on-Thai-AirAsia-X-from-Oman

I saw it in AirAsia booking system last night when I was hunting for free seats.

2lqqky.jpg

Edited by JuliusWong

AirAsia Adds Langkawi – Hong Kong Flights from July 2016

AirAsia starting Late-July 2016 is adding Langkawi – Hong Kong service, as the airline schedules 3 weekly operations.

Airbus A320 aircraft will begin serving this route on 24JUL16. Planned schedule as follow.

AK2032 LGK1055 – 1450HKG 320 1
AK2032 LGK1225 – 1620HKG 320 7
AK2032 LGK1425 – 1820HKG 320 3

AK2033 HKG1550 – 1930LGK 320 1
AK2033 HKG1805 – 2145LGK 320 7
AK2033 HKG1920 – 2300LGK 320 3

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/267451/airasia-adds-langkawi-hong-kong-flights-from-july-2016/

AirAsia X counts on A330neos to resume Kuala Lumpur-London flights

AirAsia X will offer Australians a new way to fly to London from 2018 when the low-cost, long-haul carrier starts taking delivery of its new Airbus A330neos.
The Malaysian budget airline is the largest customer for Airbus’s new A330neo, with 66 of the A330-900neo on order for expected delivery from 2018.
“We are still in discussion with Airbus to see whether we want to do extra-long routes. Basically we could go from Kuala Lumpur to London,” AirAsia X chief executive Benyamin Ismail told The Australian.
“On current specs, we can’t go to London, but with the new specs of the (Airbus A330 neo) we could go direct London from KL. That will be the winner for us.”
Flights from KL to London will be a return to Britain for AirAsia X which canned the route in 2012 because of the high cost of filling up its fuel-guzzling A340s.
But the advent of the new, fuel-efficient A330neos means the airline can start flying the popular route again.
More:

unless they are offering extra legroom than the current one and ptv, there's no way im flying 12 hours with them

Surprisingly, I found the long haul flight tolerable as I was able to sleep on the flight. I felt more bored on the 4 hour flight to HKG!

unless they are offering extra legroom than the current one and ptv, there's no way im flying 12 hours with them

Back then on the 340...it was 13hour long and I rented the handheld PTV...but battery lasted on 5 to 6 hours...torturous journey it was...😭

Surprisingly, I found the long haul flight tolerable as I was able to sleep on the flight. I felt more bored on the 4 hour flight to HKG!

6 hours on them with 2 empty seats is doable...I often book the Quiet Zone...able to stretch out and sleep...6 or 7 is just nice on D7's 330...

6 hours on them with 2 empty seats is doable...I often book the Quiet Zone...able to stretch out and sleep...6 or 7 is just nice on D7's 330...

I did the KUL-OOL-AKL flight earlier this year and apart from the tortuous security checks at OOL, it was not too bad. Yes, I usually fly in the Quiet Zone but am now having second thoughts because they have jacked up the price so much...

I did the KUL-OOL-AKL flight earlier this year and apart from the tortuous security checks at OOL, it was not too bad. Yes, I usually fly in the Quiet Zone but am now having second thoughts because they have jacked up the price so much...

They have? Oh no...how much more?

Yes, RM70 - but be careful which rows you pick. Some rows have the IFE box restricting your legroom.

D7 increasing MEL-KUL seasonally from 01DEC to 28JAN, new flight is D7210/211 operating x3 weekly.

D7210 KUL 19:10 06:00+1 MEL 333 456

D7211 MEL 07:30 12:45 KUL 333 567

D7 increasing MEL-KUL seasonally from 01DEC to 28JAN, new flight is D7210/211 operating x3 weekly.

D7210 KUL 19:10 06:00+1 MEL 333 456

D7211 MEL 07:30 12:45 KUL 333 567

Nice timing....

AirAsia X plans direct Brisbane-Kuala Lumpur flights

Direct flights between Brisbane and Kuala Lumpur are now a matter of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’ for AirAsia X, with the Queensland capital central to the low-cost airline’s plans for expansion.

Competitor Malaysia Airlines no longer serves Brisbane from KL having axed its own flights there in August 2015, leaving the non-stop Brisbane-KL route currently unserved by any airline.

Non-stop flights to KL from regional centres such as Townsville are also being considered, revealed AirAsia X’s Head of Commercial Arik De during an interview with Australian Business Traveller at the CAPA Australia Pacific Summit 2016.

More:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/airasia-x-plans-direct-brisbane-kuala-lumpur-flights

AirAsia on its website schedule listing has filed planned operation to Europe, marking the airlines return. Current schedule listing shows AirAsia X to operate Kuala Lumpur Istanbul Ataturk Barcelona route on daily basis, effective 30OCT16. Reservation for this route is currently unavailable.

D7001 KUL1000 1500IST1630 1920BCN 330 D

D7002 BCN2050 0120+1IST0250+1 1930+1KUL 330 D

From @airlineroute

AirAsia X Update

AirAsia is launching several new destinations in 2016 and adding capacity to several existing destinations. AirAsia X Head of Commercial Arik De discusses how some of the new markets are performing, including Auckland and Tehran. He also talks about the possibility of further growth in Australia, the launch of anticipated services to the US, the group’s fleet plan, partnership options and the outlook for its two overseas affiliates.

Video Interview:

http://www.centreforaviation.tv/ceo-update/airasia-x-update-2/