MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

AirAsia X Increases Flight Frequencies To 8 Destinations

KUALA LUMPUR, April 27 (Bernama) -- AirAsia X today announced additional flight frequencies to its existing routes to Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Osaka, Sapporo, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei.

In a statement today, the low-cost airline said it is also offering special promotion for all AirAsia X flights with one-way, all-in-fares for economy seats from RM259 (to Perth), RM329 (Hangzhou) and RM429 (Busan) and many more.

"Bookings can be made at www.airasia.com from now until May 8, 2016 and guests can travel immediately from now until Nov 24, 2016," it said.

In the coming months, AirAsia X will also be gradually increasing its weekly flight frequencies to Melbourne to 14 times, Sydney 11 times, Perth 14 times, Osaka nine times, Sapporo five times, Beijing 11 times, Shanghai 11 times and Taipei 14 times.

At 4.20 pm, shares of AirAsia X rose one sen to 35 sen with 69.73 million shares transacted.

AirAsia Adds Kuala Lumpur – Goa Service from late-August 2015

AirAsia from 27AUG15 is introducing new service to India, with the launch of Kuala Lumpur – Goa operation. This route will be served 3 times a week on board Airbus A320 aircraft.

AK096 KUL2030 – 2225GOI 320 246

AK097 GOI2255 – 0615+1KUL 320 246

http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/04/ak-kulgoi-aug15/

This did not last too long....

AirAsia halts KL-Goa route from June 7

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/05/10/airasia-halts-kl-goa-route-from-june-7/

I think Goa failed because most Malaysian dont know about its tourism appeal.

I have many friends here in the UK who would die if they can't go to Goa during Christmas time to party. They told me Goa is the new Ibiza.

Could also be due to insufficient frequency - minimum frequency should be 4X weekly, 5X would be better.

I also think that the Indian tourism board did not do enough to promote Goa. When we see Airasia X launch a new route in Australia, you see so much promotion being done by the Aussies and Tourism Malaysia. Indians love coming to Malaysia, if it was properly promoted. Just look at how many visitors from India go to Genting!

I have many friends here in the UK who would die if they can't go to Goa during Christmas time to party

Oh go on, pull the other one :lol:

I also think that the Indian tourism board did not do enough to promote Goa. When we see Airasia X launch a new route in Australia, you see so much promotion being done by the Aussies and Tourism Malaysia. Indians love coming to Malaysia, if it was properly promoted. Just look at how many visitors from India go to Genting!

I agree. One thing I noticed is the tourism authorities/agencies in India are very provincial in nature e.g. Visit Tamil Nadu (cant recall if there was any other visit Uttar Pradesh or Rajashtan or Maharashtra etc campaigns).

Not that it is bad because it can succeed if the agency is aggressive enough. I think Australia also promotes their respective regions individually and they are successful. Here in the UK, California promotes themselves heavily in local telly.

True

Similarly I've seen Malaysia Tourism doing the 'generic' Malaysia things in London, or so it seem

But if one care to dwell into some of the material itself, it's apparent our Sabah Tourism Promotion setup are the ones behind it - subtle, but quite effective :)

I think the Orang Utan is still the first thing you will see after clearing security check for departure at LHR T4.

Oh go on, pull the other one :lol:

The other one is the Island of Fernando? Or am I on the wrong boat here?

AirAsia X now flies direct to Tehran from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok!

 20th destination for AirAsia X Berhad and 5th destination for Thai AirAsia X in respective route network

 Flights to commence from Kuala Lumpur on 21 June and from Bangkok on 22 June

Press Release:

I think the Orang Utan is still the first thing you will see after clearing security check for departure at LHR T4.

Looks like the tourism people here are reaching out even more - this cropped from the LHR newsletter (May)

lhr%20newsletter.jpg

(when, oh when is someone going to fix that kite logo ?! It's gotten torturous for OCD's)

Edited by BC Tam

Did dummy booking. AirAsia X Tehran:RM832 all in with credit card charges, nasi lemak and 20kg luggage each way.

It is cheap right?

If it is return flight, it is cheap. But if it is one way, the fare looks similar to what they have charged before.

Edit: I note that you mentioned "each way", so yes, it is cheap for a return flght to Tehran.

Edited by flee

AirAsia X Files Madinah Schedule from Nov 2016

AirAsia X in its website’s schedule listing has filed new scheduled operation to Saudi Arabia, which sees the airline displaying 12 weekly Kuala Lumpur – Madinah flights.

Based on the website info, the effective date is scheduled on 01NOV16.

D7780 KUL0230 – 0710MED 330 x5
D7786 KUL0425 – 0905MED 330 x5

D7781 MED0830 – 2220KUL 330 x5
D7787 MED1005 – 2355KUL 330 x5

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/267067/airasia-x-files-madinah-schedule-from-nov-2016/

AirAsia X plans Mauritius Launch from Oct 2016

AirAsia X starting October 2016 plans to commence service to Africa, as it files operational schedule for Kuala Lumpur – Mauritius route.

Based on the airline’s schedule filing on its website, this service is scheduled 3 times a week, effective 04OCT16.

Proposed operational schedule as follow.

D7006 KUL1030 – 1330MRU 330 257
D7007 MRU0250 – 1350KUL 330 136

Reservation for this route is expected to open soon.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/267066/airasia-x-plans-mauritius-launch-from-oct-2016/

Is this schedule correct?

There is a more than 12 hour layover at MRU - very unusual for D7.

I wonder why D7 is not going to DWC, with so many visitors from UAE and now EK monopolizes the route between Dubai and KL. DWC is in between Dubai and Abu Dhabi so it is well located to tap visitors from both cities.

I wonder why D7 is not going to DWC, with so many visitors from UAE and now EK monopolizes the route between Dubai and KL. DWC is in between Dubai and Abu Dhabi so it is well located to tap visitors from both cities.

They tried Abu Dhabi before, got burnt badly. Partially also, they used A343 before. I don't think they will return to Dubai or Abu Dhabi anytime soon. Not when EK and EY has a battalion of B77W and A380, maybe RKT is worth a shot.

Mauritius and Madinah are nice addition. However Mauritius may not be sustainable all year round as it is heavily leisure driven.

Edited by JuliusWong

Air Mauritius flies to MRU from KUL thrice a week, some days through SIN. Is there a huge demand between Malaysia and Mauritius?

D7 has also mentioned Russia. A KUL-DME-LGW route, with 5th freedom rights, might be viable.

They tried Abu Dhabi before, got burnt badly. Partially also, they used A343 before. I don't think they will return to Dubai or Abu Dhabi anytime soon. Not when EK and EY has a battalion of B77W and A380, maybe RKT is worth a shot.

Mauritius and Madinah are nice addition. However Mauritius may not be sustainable all year round as it is heavily leisure driven.

I think that Iran and Saudi routes are more viable for them. Operating costs in the Gulf states can be very high if you run a tiny operation. Edited by flee

D7 has also mentioned Russia. A KUL-DME-LGW route, with 5th freedom rights, might be viable.

I think that Iran and Saudi routes are more viable for them. Operating costs in the Gulf states can be very high if you run a tiny operation.

OMG, ten hours between KUL-DME are torturous in A330 Y, luckily they have Premium Class to choose from.

However, a question, has Russian Ruble recovered (enough) to allow a sustainable operation? Iran was dropped previously when USD- Rial took a hit.

OMG, ten hours between KUL-DME are torturous in A330 Y, luckily they have Premium Class to choose from.

I managed, against expectations, to survive the KUL-ORY flight. It was not as bad as I had feared...

I managed, against expectations, to survive the KUL-ORY flight. It was not as bad as I had feared...

Did you sleep with sleeping pill?? Joke aside, I was on red eye TPE-KUL last month, it was kind of torturing for me. The cheap person me couldn't be bothered to buy an aisle seat or premium class.

Anyhow, with the two new additional destinations, it would explain why AirAsia X is now taking delivery of two A333 previously stored.

Edited by JuliusWong