MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Oh good! :)

I wonder if it will be done one stop, via Australia?

It will be kul-mel-akl-mel-kul. This is what I heard from the spy.

If KUL-MEL-AKL does happen, would it cause some fella to jump up and claim the route as silly, as the plane was heading south before heading north? :p

MEL to AKL is around 4 to 4.5 hrs

If they do operate via Australia, it is important to get 5th freedom rights. Going via MEL is logical as they already have operations there. However, there are quite a number of airlines operating MEL-AKL flights already and they might find it difficult to penetrate the market successfully. Lets wait and see what they will announce....

They should just fly Kul/bne/akl 2,4,6, (no airline operating kul/bne) or kul/ool/akl

and kul/syd/akl 1,3,7

they already have crew stopping over at those to aussie ports,so it will just be a turn around for them syd/akl/syd or bne/akl/bne.MH use to do this eon years ago.

EK and Mh already operates kul/mel as pointed out by flee.They should get the 5th freedom rights easily,as EK has them from all 3 cities from aussie to auckland using 380 equipment.

Edited by jadivindra

As what I heard, the will refuelling and changing of crew in MEL. So KUL-MEL - 1 set of crews and MEL-AKL-MEL another set of crews. They won't have night stop/layover in AKL. It should be tiring for pax from KUL I guess. 7 hrs + 4hrs . 😱

They may just want to appeal to the cheapskates in people.

Of course air asia tickets arent really cheap-ER. But Air Asia has been associated with the cheap mindset so......

Yep, it works for many Asians though. I always ask them... if everyone becomes like you who are just in to pay really low fares for your ticket. Who will eventually have to pay the high cost of plane maintenance on the flights you are taking? Could not answer this and then come the awkward silence.

Yep, it works for many Asians though. I always ask them... if everyone becomes like you who are just in to pay really low fares for your ticket. Who will eventually have to pay the high cost of plane maintenance on the flights you are taking? Could not answer this and then come the awkward silence.

Answer is - only a small proportion of the passengers pay really low fares. The airline also makes money from other activities like selling food and in flight shopping. Also remember, LCCs have lower running costs due to leaner structure and squeezing every supplier for lowest cost. They also squeeze the passengers by asking them to do web check in and printing their own tickets/boarding passes. So it is the business model as a whole that needs to work as efficiently as planned before people can enjoy lower fares.

AirAsia X launches with Gold Coast NZ$99 fares

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11572678

AirAsia X is currently offering a promotion of all-in fares from RM499 for economy seats and RM1,499 for Premium Flatbed seats (both only applicable for one-way travel). Customers may book these promotional fares from Jan 13 to 24, 2016, for the travel period of March 22, 2016 to Feb 5, 2017.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/326417

AirAsia X To Fly To Hawaii, 'Exclusive' Destination In Europe By December
KUALA LUMPUR, April 6 (Bernama) -- AirAsia X Bhd, the leading long-haul low-fare airline, aims to spread its wings to Hawaii and an 'exclusive' destination in Europe by December, Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Datuk Kamarudin Meranun said.

from flee's reply #352 above

So December came and passed by ....... :)

Their big losses and weak EU demand might have postponed any plans. See how AF and LH have quit Malaysia?