MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

From MH's perspective, been there done that (for quite a sustained period of time)

That is not to say if it was commercially viable to have it sustained, we do not and probably will never know :)

It is seemingly apparent though that AK's BKI growth plans has ground to a near/complete halt whilst JHB seem to be the focus of attention currently

Too busy with discussion about possible move from BKI T2 to T1 and it is still dragging on and on... perhaps they will just stay at T2.

AirAsia Adds Dhaka Service from late-June 2015

AirAsia from 29JUN15 plans to add service to Bangladesh, where it plans to operate Kuala Lumpur – Dhaka route, on daily basis. Airbus A320 aircraft operates this route.

AK071 KUL2155 – 2345DAC 320 D
AK070 DAC0025 – 0625KUL 320 D

http://airlineroute.net/2015/05/25/ak-dac-jun15/

--

AK previously flown this route from 2009-2011

http://www.bangladeshmonitor.net/news_detail.php?nhid=2581&CID=1

Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

AirAsia Adds Kuala Lumpur – Goa Service from late-August 2015

AirAsia from 27AUG15 is introducing new service to India, with the launch of Kuala Lumpur – Goa operation. This route will be served 3 times a week on board Airbus A320 aircraft.

AK096 KUL2030 – 2225GOI 320 246
AK097 GOI2255 – 0615+1KUL 320 246

http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/04/ak-kulgoi-aug15/

--------------------------------------------------------------

AirAsia Expands Kuala Lumpur – Banda Aceh Morning Service from July 2015

AirAsia from 16JUL15 is expanding Kuala Lumpur – Banda Aceh operation, as it increases morning service from 4 to 7 weekly. Overall frequency will be raised from 7 to 10 weekly as a result.

AK421 KUL0750 – 0825BTJ 320 246
AK423 KUL0800 – 0830BTJ 320 x246
AK423 KUL1315 – 1345BTJ 320 246

AK420 BTJ0850 – 1120KUL 320 246
AK422 BTJ0855 – 1120KUL 320 x246
AK422 BTJ1410 – 1635KUL 302 246

http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/04/ak-kulbtj-jul15/

Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

Z2 Service of CEB-BKI-CEB get the axe effective 17Jun15.

Z2 Service of CEB-BKI-CEB get the axe effective 17Jun15.

AirAsia Philippines route is axed as fast as it was launched. Somehow I think AirAsia Group should really let go off Philippines market.

Cebu Pacific has a very strong foothold in both the domestic market and international market (to certain extent).

Not to mention the privately, much richly backed Philippines Airlines, I don't see AirAsia Philippines running a viable and sustainable business.

AirAsia Philippines route is axed as fast as it was launched. Somehow I think AirAsia Group should really let go off Philippines market.

Cebu Pacific has a very strong foothold in both the domestic market and international market (to certain extent).

Not to mention the privately, much richly backed Philippines Airlines, I don't see AirAsia Philippines running a viable and sustainable business.

Cebu Pacific is perceived more friendly. AirAsia Philippines may need to adapt to local culture to compete.

Actually they have shrunk their operations there and most of Airasia Philippines is formerly Zest Air. So they may still be trying to digest that takeover. I think they are trimming their losses already. Now they should focus on retiring their fleet of very OLD aircraft (some are close to 20 years) before they expand again. I think having a brand new fleet is very important as the Zest Air aircraft configurations are not the same as Airasia's.

Maybe they should learn something from Airasia India's startup experience - slow and steady.

1) can't wait for the KL-Osaka-Honolulu route :clapping:

2) wonder what price range will their bring

3) n what new livery on the Airbus A330-300 aircraft would it put...

web.jpg

Air Asia X and Cebu Pacific Race to the US Mainland

Hawaii is about to become the battle ground for what may end up being a race to the west coast of the United States. Two of Asia's long-haul low-cost carriers, Cebu Pacific and AirAsia X, are preparing for what will become the region's first low-cost long-haul services from Asia to Hawaii. The flights to Hawaii will serve as a test of each carrier's respective low-cost model before reaching further to the US mainland.

http://www.philippineflightnetwork.com/2015/06/air-asia-x-and-cebu-pacific-hawaii.html

I think D7 should hold off until Malaysia gets accepted into the Visa Waiver Program.

As it stands there's hardly enough O&D traffic between the US and Malaysia.

Yes, the US is not really a leisure destination for Malaysians. However, the route is not really KUL-HNL. It is more a KIX-HNL route, with the future Airasia Japan providing feed from other Japanese cities. So, these will add to whatever pax that D7 can pick up from KUL.

D7 does not even need to mount extra flights from KUL-KIX if there is no demand from KUL as the KIX-HNL sector is just an extension of the KUL-KIX flight. I would guess that this is just a marginal operating cost as they already have the infrastructure to service their routes in KIX.

AirAsia Berhad (AK) returns to Maldives on A320. Booking start on July 13th based on TF twitter :)

Even their HND loads were not that good when I traveled in May this year. At best, 50-60% full.

D7 it is. From August 20th

So did they allow you to transfer your booking to HND?

Even their HND loads were not that good when I traveled in May this year. At best, 50-60% full.

So did they allow you to transfer your booking to HND?

With the axing of NRT, HND will improve. My HND last year in June was about 90% ish. Majority were Japanese. Before NRT came online.

Bummer! D7 cancelling NRT route? I got a planned trip to NRT in October. Anyhow, if people are travelling to Tokyo only, HND would be more ideal as HND is much closer to Tokyo than NRT! Unless one is opting for transit.

Bummer! D7 cancelling NRT route? I got a planned trip to NRT in October. Anyhow, if people are travelling to Tokyo only, HND would be more ideal as HND is much closer to Tokyo than NRT! Unless one is opting for transit.

IMO, D7's timings make it more sensible to fly from KUL to NRT rather than HND. The reverse is true on the way back to KUL.

KUL-HND lands at 10:30pm which, as you pointed out, won't be ideal to catch public transport into the city. One has to rush to catch the last trains/buses after immigration and baggage claim. And this is assuming the flight lands on time.

KUL-NRT, however, lands at a very decent hour (8:45am or so?). By the time one gets into Tokyo proper, rush hour would be pretty much over. And you still get nearly an entire day to spend.

On the way back, the NRT flight leaves at 10am, which means one has to leave Tokyo by 6:30 to have a comfortable buffer (in case you get lost in the city's labyrinth of subway/JR networks). It's certainly a doable option as public transport would be in full swing by then, but personally I've never enjoyed dragging my luggage around while my mind is still very much in sleep mode.

The HND flight leaves around midnight, which makes it ideal for those trying to maximize their time in Tokyo without paying for an extra night of hotel. Leave your bags at the hotel after checking out, spend the day wandering around the city before heading to HND in the evening :)

Done KUL-HND twice on D7 and both flights arrived on time - was out of the arrivals hall by 11.30 pm and well in time for the last monorail out of the terminal. For those who want a bit of assurance, you can always overnight at Toyoko Inn near the airport - they even have a free shuttle bus service to take you to the hotel!

Now, D7 should seriously consider including the A321neo LR in its fleet. Otherwise, it cannot pioneer new routes as the A333 will be far too big....