MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

I give the routes 6 months before they stop the flights.

Care to elaborate on youre statement sir based on youre professional opinion or facts to back it up.

Care to elaborate on youre statement sir based on youre professional opinion or facts to back it up.

There is insufficient traffic between the points to sustain the flights. My opinion.

I give the routes 6 months before they stop the flights.

we will see if AK will stop or still continue that route within first 6 months on their operation..

Starting in April may not be a bad thing - school holidays in Malaysia and Singapore are just around the corner...

Thanks to AirAsia for bringing up all these new routes and making travelling more affordable and succeeding and realising VMY 2014, and also bringing both West and East Malaysia cities closer to each others and also to Singapore.

Latest from our spy at the AK Gossip Division:

KUL-Kalibo Boracay non stop

4 weekly

Inaugural 30 March 2014

AK 608 10:40 - 14:35 1,3,5,7

AK 609 15:05 - 18:55 1,3,5,7

Does anyone know what happened to the KUL-XIY flights? Doesn't seem to be bookable on the AirAsia site anymore...

Are you sure? Coz all this while XIY was connected by FD via DMK.

Does anyone know what happened to the KUL-XIY flights? Doesn't seem to be bookable on the AirAsia site anymore...

D7 has not launched it yet. So be patient! :)

D7 has not launched it yet. So be patient! :)

I see... I shall wait patiently :)

KCH-MFM coming soon!

I hope they can make it lasts longer this time round!

MFM is a very weak market to begin with. AirAsia had tried flying it thru a number of hub but ended up with KUL-MFM. Nevertheless, let's see how KCH-MFM turns out.

I think only KUL has MFM direct...not even BKI has it now...hmm...let's wait and see...I like Macau though...love the food there...

Yeah. I think BKI-MFM was dropped soon after they started BKI-HKG.

Just notice from the website booking engine , there are some "new routes" to Tawau, namely Alor Setar, Kuala Terengganu and Kota Bahru. It is a mistake or? <_<

AirAsia Introduces 3 New International Routes From Johor Baharu Hub

KUALA LUMPUR, April 14 (Bernama) -- AirAsia has introduced three new international routes from its hub in Johor Baharu, connecting the southern region to Yogyakarta and Lombok in Indonesia, and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, to provide the Johor Baharu community with more destination choices for travel.

AirAsia said the introduction of the new international routes was to enhance convenience plus savings, as the latest direct connectivity no longer required passengers to connect via Kuala Lumpur to these cities, the airline said in a statement here today.

AirAsia is offering base fares from as low as RM0, with booking period from April 15-20, 2014 for the travel period from July 11, 2014 to April 30, 2015 for the new international routes.

AirAsia Commercial Head Spencer Lee said Johor Baharu is one of the airline's important hubs, and it recognised the great potential in terms of route development and high demand for more international connectivity.

AirAsia's three new international routes from its hub in Johor Baharu, connects to Yogyakarta four times weekly, Lombok three times weekly and four times weekly to Ho Chi Minh City.

Yay, more choice for us Johorean...no more transiting through LCCT! Kinda overdue since most of the time I just cross the causeway and hop a flight from SIN, plus MH fare is cheaper ex Changi :clapping:

Booking has commenced. Launch fare is the usual RM 199...

On 21st April inaugural flight for another AirAsia's A320 new route between Singapore and Kota Bharu. Pax load for SIN/KBR 78 pax and KBR/SIN 97 pax.

AirAsia Re-connects Kuala Lumpur Direct To Cebu, Three Times Weekly

KUALA LUMPUR, May 5 (Bernama) -- AirAsia will be re-commencing direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Cebu, the Philippines, three times per week effective July 24, 2014.

In a statement Monday, the low-cost carrier said promotional seats will be available for booking online at www.airasia.com from RM0 base-fare one-way from May 5 onwards.

"The direct flight was previously operated by AirAsia Zest and will now be operated by Malaysia AirAsia.

"The three times weekly direct flights will operate every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, marking AirAsia's third Filipino destination connected via direct flights from Malaysia, apart from Manila and Kalibo (gateway to Boracay Island)," it said.

Special promotional seats from RM0 base fare with applicable taxes and fees from RM80 one-way are available for booking at AirAsia's website from May 5-11, 2014, for the travel period from July until April 30, 2015.

Bookings are also available through AirAsia's mobile apps through iPhone, Android devices, Blackberry10 and the Windows Platform.