MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Other than KBR/KCH, its seems AirAsia will introduce more new routes direct flights from KBR to/from JHB and MYY starting in March 2014 3x weekly.

Other than KBR/KCH, its seems AirAsia will introduce more new routes direct flights from KBR to/from JHB and MYY starting in March 2014 3x weekly.

Ex-MYY wise, I saw PEN, TGG and KBR as new additions; but nothing inside the booking engine yet; wander its' fly through services or they gonna make 3 new routes in one shot! Anyway good move if direct flights!

AK has opened KCH-LGK route. I wonder if MYY would be the new hub as AK has also opened MYY-PEN and MYY-TGG route.

They are capitalising on the Bruneians. Judging by the number of Brunei cars parking overnight at MYY, a lot of them use MYY to fly out.

AK has opened KCH-LGK route. I wonder if MYY would be the new hub as AK has also opened MYY-PEN and MYY-TGG route.

I remember TF praising MYY for their LCC friendly charges and airport tax. So AK is going to promote MYY. It would not be surprising if we see more destinations being added to MYY in future.

I remember TF praising MYY for their LCC friendly charges and airport tax. So AK is going to promote MYY. It would not be surprising if we see more destinations being added to MYY in future.

not sure how does that apply as both KCH and MYY are managed by MAHB.

:o

Well, in the same tweet, he condemned KCH. I guess he is playing politics!

It's definitely politics, might be pressuring the KCH to provide cheaper airport taxes!

BTU - SIN please !

Only recently has MH added a 1910 flight to KUL for us, arriving 2100-ish. Perfect for connecting flights to Europe (Oil & Gas industry) rather than flying on the 1330 BTU-KUL flight. Haven 't seen this flight less than 70% before, so must be pretty popular.

Nothing beats connectivity & comfort at SIN though.

Does the airport tax in KCH is higher than MYY? Isn't all airport tax for domestic flights (except at KUL) fixed at RM 9?

I think BKI T2 also has the same airport tax as KUL LCCT.

His exact words:

Miri has low airport tax and we have taken a risk and started two international routes. We want to invest in Malacca and Langkawi.

Help tourism in Malacca and Langkawi. Create jobs. We all need to be Innovative. No point building airports and leaving them empty.

We as a nation need to be smart innovative and put differences aside. Put people first. Airasia cam do a lot but we need support as well.

Senai airport has been amazing. And look at the results. Kk terminal two huge success. Because of low airport tax. Kuching a failure.

Yeah...like his purposely Singapore AirAsia would be based at the low-tax airport if it is ever materialized!

I think SIN is a different airport altogether - airlines need SIN and not the other way round.

In the case of airports that are marginal or have low traffic, cost (and consequently, the air fares) can make the difference between success or failure of routes.

Malaysian Govt has already proposed to Singapore Govt to build an extension of SIN airport in Johor to serve the regional routes and SIN Changi shall serve long haul routes as in the near future, SIN may not be able to expand as quickly as the other airports due to its scarce land. Perhaps till then....

Malaysian Govt has already proposed to Singapore Govt to build an extension of SIN airport in Johor to serve the regional routes and SIN Changi shall serve long haul routes as in the near future, SIN may not be able to expand as quickly as the other airports due to its scarce land. Perhaps till then....

I don't see how it will happen during my lifetime.

Still plenty of (shrub)land between the civil and military parts of the airport: can easily build (another) Terminal(s) there...

Just being leaked by our spy at the AK Gossip Division:

AK New Routes

JHB-TWU-JHB will launch on 10Feb14

SIN-KBR-SIN & SIN-TGG-SIN will launch on 11Feb14

Schedules are as per attachment.

AKNew Route.PNG

AirAsia Adds New Domestic Malaysia Service from late-March 2014

by JL

Update at 0520GMT 07FEB14

AirAsia from late-March 2014 is adding new domestic Malaysia service. Planned new routes as follow.

eff 20MAR14 Miri – Kuala Terrengganu 3 weekly

AK5513 MYY0910 – 1115TGG 320 246

AK5514 TGG1140 – 1345MYY 320 246

eff 21MAR14 Kuching – Langkawi 4 weekly

AK5097 KCH1205 – 1415LGK 320 x246

AK5098 LGK1440 – 1650KCH 320 x246

eff 21MAR14 Miri – Penang 4 weekly

AK5527 MYY0910 – 1135PEN 320 x246

AK5528 PEN1200 – 1425MYY 320 x246

http://airlineroute.net/2014/02/07/ak-mar14/

AirAsia Adds New Singapore – Malaysia Routes from late-April 2014

by JL

Update at 0820GMT 12FEB14

AirAsia from late-April 2014 is expanding service from Singapore, with the launch of Kota Bharu and Kuala Terengganu operation. Planned operational schedule as follow.

eff 21APR14 Singapore – Kota Bharu 4 weekly
AK914 SIN0910 – 1030KBR 320 x246
AK915 KBR1140 – 1300SIN 320 x246

eff 22APR14 Singapore – Kuala Terengganu 3 weekly
AK902 SIN0910 – 1035TGG 320 246

http://airlineroute.net/2014/02/12/ak-sin-apr14/

Edited by Zamir