MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Malaysian need to pay US$35 for visa on arrival at CMB. However, 24 hours transit is visa free.

Is this a recent implementation? I don't recall having to pay such fees on my few visits to CMB but those were some years ago.

But how does one prove that one is in CMB for less than 24hrs if one intends to venture to landside?

Is this a recent implementation? I don't recall having to pay such fees on my few visits to CMB but those were some years ago.

But how does one prove that one is in CMB for less than 24hrs if one intends to venture to landside?

Likewise, I was surprised with visa on arrival early this year, believe Sri Lankan is trying to squeece some juice from foreign visitors. On 24 hours transit, you are allowed to venture to landside but you need to show them your onward ticket.

For 738, you can clear immigration within 15 to 20 minutes, however, if you encountered A333 arrival from China before you, you can spend 40 to 60 minutes in queue. On 738, average bag on belt time is 20 minutes.

MLE immigration will ask for name of hotel, not sure they will accept your explanation or the system could accept that no accommodation is required; however, they don't normally request to see hotel booking confirmation. Typical hotel in Male cost about US$100 per night but you can find cheaper room in Hulhumale for about $70 per night.

They are not too unfamiliar in MLE with turnarounds. I've done 6 before (in the heady days of the BD diamond club Zone 2 to 10 run) - no need to explain too much.

This is a 2012 implementation iirc - but it's not too difficult, you do it online.

SEPANG, 18 November 2013- AirAsia X Berhad, the leading long haul, low-cost carrier affiliate of
the AirAsia Group, today announced the launch of its third destination; Nagoya in Japan following its
successful operations to Tokyo and Osaka. AirAsia X will commence its first flight into Chubu Centrair
International Airport from Kuala Lumpur beginning 17 March, 2014.
AirAsia X will commence four weekly flights into Nagoya, Japan. The airline currently operates daily
flights to Tokyo (Haneda) and four weekly flights to Osaka (Kansai) from Kuala Lumpur.
In conjunction with the announcement of our new destination, AirAsia X will be offering hot deals
from as low as MYR199* (JPY6 990) on Economy and MYR699* (JPY 24 900) on Premium
to Nagoya. Bookings are available online from 19 to 24 November 2013 for travel between 17
March and 5 August 2014.
Azran Osman-Rani, CEO of AirAsia X said, “We are excited to announce our latest route to
Nagoya, marking our 3rd destination into Japan. This marks another milestone for AirAsia X and
reiterates our expansion commitment in the key markets we operate in with the Asia Pacific Region.
With the addition of Nagoya, guests will have more travel options to explore Japan, and we believe
Nagoya being a scenic and historical destination will be a popular tourist destination. We have carried
over half a million passengers to and from Japan. Japan contributed over 14% of our total revenue in
the first half of 2013.”
“Nagoya is strategically located just 50 minutes from Osaka and 1 hour 40 minutes from Tokyo via
train. Guests may soon fly direct to Nagoya, and take a train to the metropolitan and capital city of
Japan; Tokyo or visit the commercial centre of Japan, Osaka in the Kansai region and return from any
of the ports we serve in Japan. Nagoya has much to offer, be it for families or even the back packers,
the choices of attractions are endless.”
“Japanese guest also will be able to fly to a host of destinations from Kuala Lumpur using AirAsia’s
Fly-Thru service, which allows guests to easily connect between two different flights via the Kuala
Lumpur Low Cost Carrier Terminal without having to worry about checking in twice” he concluded.
Fly-Thru routes available from Nagoya are: Adelaide, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney
in Australia; Kochi in India; Bali, Bandung, Jakarta, Medan and Surabaya in Indonesia; Kota
Kinabalu, Kuching, Langkawi and Penang in Malaysia; Singapore; Taipei in Taiwan; Bangkok
and Phuket in Thailand; and Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam.
Nagoya, the largest city in the Chubu region, more famous as the birth place of Toyota
was also the birth place of the 3 samurai’s who unified Japan in the 16th century.
Home to the famous Atsuta Shrine, considered to be one of the most venerable shrines in Japan,
and the restored Nagoya castle which was then burnt down during World War ||.
Also famous for its abundance of cherry blossom trees during spring time,
the region where Nagoya is located is known as an industrial powerhouse,
supplying the world with automobiles, machinery, aerospace parts and a wide variety of
other products. Also, the Chubu region is richly endowed with nature of ocean as well as of the
mountains, such as Ise Bay and Japanese Alps.
AirAsia X was the first long-haul, low fare carrier to introduce Premium Flatbed seats, which have
standard business class specifications of 20” width, 60” pitch and stretch out to 77” in full recline
position.
The Premium flatbeds feature universal power sockets, adjustable headrests and built-in personal
utilities such as tray table, drink holder, reading light and privacy screen. Premium seat guests also
enjoy premium complimentary products and services including Pick A Seat, Priority Check-in,
Priority Boarding, Priority Baggage, 25kg Baggage Allowance, Complimentary Meal and
Pillow & Duvet.
For more information, please visit www.airasia.com
••• Promotional fares are all in and for one way travel only. Terms and Conditions apply.
FLIGHT SCHEDULE FOR KUALA LUMPUR – NAGOYA EFFECTIVE 17 MARCH, 2014
Kuala Lumpur to Nagoya
00:45/08:20 D7 546 Wed, Sat
08:45/16:20 D7 542 Mon, Fri
Nagoya to Kuala Lumpur
09:35/15:45 D7 547 Wed, Sat
17:35/23:45 D7 543 Mon, Fri
Source: Airasia X

Incheon lands double-daily AirAsia X flights

AirAsia X is increasing frequency from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul to double daily.
The long-haul low-cost carrier will increase flights to 11 flights a week from July 2, before commencing double daily services on December 2.

New route between KBR/KCH now bookable start today 20 Jan. First flight starting on 22 Mar 2014.

I give it 3 months before they stop flying the route.

I give it 3 months before they stop flying the route.

Are you sure? :D

As known, one of reason why AirAsia open this route because of demand especially for those Kelantanese working in Sarawak (especially teacher, student) and that's why they introduce 1st flight starts on 22 March (school break started).

Group KBBRI (Kota Bharu Bandaraya Islam) https://www.facebook.com/kbbri?fref=ts always give a fully support (marketing) to make sure any routes for KBR will success. :)

I think the problem is at the KCH end. Seems that many new routes operating to KCH end up being scrapped due to low demand.

I think the problem is at the KCH end. Seems that many new routes operating to KCH end up being scrapped due to low demand.

Simply put it, KCH is overshadowed by SIN.....

Are you sure? :D

As known, one of reason why AirAsia open this route because of demand especially for those Kelantanese working in Sarawak (especially teacher, student) and that's why they introduce 1st flight starts on 22 March (school break started).

Group KBBRI (Kota Bharu Bandaraya Islam) https://www.facebook.com/kbbri?fref=ts always give a fully support (marketing) to make sure any routes for KBR will success. :)

There are teachers and students flying every flight sufficient to sustain the flights?

Now open for booking for KCH-KBR-KCH !

The first and the only airlines flies from/to kota bharu from/to kuching and kota kinabalu .

AK5507 - KCH/KBR - 0700/0855

AK5508 - KBR/KCH - 0920/1120

DAY : Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday

Travel period : 22nd Mar 2014 - 31st Jan 2015