MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

UPG as in Ujung Padang??? Wow...I would expect more popular destinations like Bali or Medan...looks like there is a sizeable working population from UPG in BKI...

Exactly! It looks to me that they are aiming at the wrong market. No doubt there are many Indonesian (both legal & illegal) from Kalimantan and Sulawesi in Sabah but almost all of them came here on a boat. So i don't think this route will last, much like all the AK flights between Sabah and Philippines.

Exactly! It looks to me that they are aiming at the wrong market. No doubt there are many Indonesian (both legal & illegal) from Kalimantan and Sulawesi in Sabah but almost all of them came here on a boat. So i don't think this route will last, much like all the AK flights between Sabah and Philippines.

Agreed. Most people travel by boat from Tawau to Sulawesi and East Kalimantan.

There are many rich Indonesians and Chinese nationals in UPG, many of them go to Jakarta for shopping. If AK can connect them to HKG and CAN, this route might be worth while.

This is making Sabah a cheaper place that are flooded with lots of illegal immigrants.. sigh...

People, look at the bright side. The BKI-UPG route should give Sabah more opportunity for inter trade and economic investments with Eastern Indonesia. Sabah alone cannot underestimate the importance of huge market there. Sulawesi alone has like 16 million people.

AK did fly to tourist destinations like BKK and DPS, but those routes "to heaven" didn't last.

Inauguration should be on the 30Dec.

now just 4 days left until the date, but looks like the booking for this route still not open yet...

Don't know if I can post the additional flights at here or no :search:

Airasia increases frequency to destinations:

Kuala Lumpur - Kota Kinabalu (15th daily)

Kuala Lumpur - Kuching (14th daily)

Kuala Lumpur - Sibu (5th daily)

Kuala Lumpur - Tawau (24weekly to 4 daily)

Johor Bahru - Penang (3rd daily)

Johor Bahru - Kuala Lumpur (3rd daily)

Johor Bahru - Sibu (4weekly to daily)

Johor Bahru - Kuching (3rd daily)

Johor Bahru - Miri (3weekly to daily)

Penang - Kuching (7 to 10 weekly)

Penang - Kota Kinabalu (7 to 11weekly)

Do rectify if any mistake :sorry:

Starting when?

Wow, already bookable...looks like they are taking advantages before Malindo starts...Hopefully more flights to KUL for MYY...

AirAsia's Share Up On Announcement Of Additional Frequencies

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 9 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd's share price increased after the group announced the introduction of additional frequencies to six domestic destinations and one international route.

As at 11.19 am, the budget carrier's share gained two sen to RM2.95 after fluctuating between RM2.93 and RM2.98, with 3.33 million shares traded.

The group announced that the additional frequencies are from the Kuala Lumpur hub to Bangkok, Kota Kinabalu, Sibu, Kuching and Johor Baharu, while the Johor Baharu hub will see additional frequencies to Kuching, Sibu, Miri and Penang.

There will also be added frequencies from Penang to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching as well as from Kota Kinabalu to Kuching.

Hong Leong Investment Bank (HLIB), in a research note, said it expects Airasia to remain bullish on its expansion plan, with confirmed additional 100 A320s (plus options of 50 A320s and 50 A321s).

-- BERNAMA

Source: http://aviation.bernama.com/news.php?id=920322&lang=en

This is making Sabah a cheaper place that are flooded with lots of illegal immigrants.. sigh...

The illegal immigrants for sure will have nothing to do with AK's flights, to anywhere !

AirAsia's Share Up On Announcement Of Additional Frequencies

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 9 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd's share price increased after the group announced the introduction of additional frequencies to six domestic destinations and one international route.

As at 11.19 am, the budget carrier's share gained two sen to RM2.95 after fluctuating between RM2.93 and RM2.98, with 3.33 million shares traded.

The group announced that the additional frequencies are from the Kuala Lumpur hub to Bangkok, Kota Kinabalu, Sibu, Kuching and Johor Baharu, while the Johor Baharu hub will see additional frequencies to Kuching, Sibu, Miri and Penang.

There will also be added frequencies from Penang to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching as well as from Kota Kinabalu to Kuching.

Hong Leong Investment Bank (HLIB), in a research note, said it expects Airasia to remain bullish on its expansion plan, with confirmed additional 100 A320s (plus options of 50 A320s and 50 A321s).

-- BERNAMA

Source: http://aviation.bernama.com/news.php?id=920322&lang=en

Option for 50 A321s??

Airasia will commence these direct flights (KUL-UPG and BKI-UPG). The latter will commence on 1st March 2013. Booking is now open.

BKI - UPG not yet took off I think.

BKIUPG got axed before it was able to take off.

Ok I found the schedule:

KUL - PUS - 0830 - 1545 Thursdays/Sundays
PUS - KUL - 1700 - 2255 Thursdays/Sundays

KUL - PUS - 0115 - 0830 Mondays/Fridays

PUS - KUL - 1035 - 1555 Mondays/Fridays

Source: http://www.rebeccasaw.com/airasia-x-to-fly-to-busan-2nd-largest-city-in-korea/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=airasia-x-to-fly-to-busan-2nd-largest-city-in-korea