MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KJ Lim

Malaysia Airlines Lounge Access

Just want to check if you are flying Business Class in Malaysia Airlines from Brisbane to KUL can we use the Qantas Lounge?

From the boarding pass, it had stated that I was invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge.

Anyway I tried to use the Qantas Lounge and was told by the person that we cannot use the lounge if we fly Business Class. Only if you are a One World Status Member you can use the lounge. Anyone has experienced this?

Just want to check if you are flying Business Class in Malaysia Airlines from Brisbane to KUL can we use the Qantas Lounge?

From the boarding pass, it had stated that I was invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge.

Anyway I tried to use the Qantas Lounge and was told by the person that we cannot use the lounge if we fly Business Class. Only if you are a One World Status Member you can use the lounge. Anyone has experienced this?

You should be able to gain access by virtue of you having a business class boarding pass for travel on a Oneworld airline - this is as per the Oneworld guidelines.

I had checked with Qantas at Brisbane Airport and they told me that Malaysia Airlines is contracted to Plaza Premium Lounge and not Qantas.

They will only allow access if you have a One World Saplhire or Emerald status. If you are on Business Class without One World Status, you will be denied entry.

As I mentioned in another thread, this problem happened on the other side of the coin, whereby we had a QR Biz ticket from KUL but were not allowed to access the Golden Lounge.

Quite weird this. Makes me think that MH is not adhering to some internal OneWorld policy where I'm sure there would be some payments involved.

As I mentioned in another thread, this problem happened on the other side of the coin, whereby we had a QR Biz ticket from KUL but were not allowed to access the Golden Lounge.

Quite weird this. Makes me think that MH is not adhering to some internal OneWorld policy where I'm sure there would be some payments involved.

This BNE case sounds more like a case of misinformed lounge staff/miscommunication than some non-payment conspiracy.

Same here. The staff at the Qantas Lounge did state about Malaysia Airlines not having a contract with them. They will only honour One World status holders.

Edited by KJ Lim

If you are a frequent traveller on different airlines, would you consider a a yearly lounge pass? Considering the amount of confusion on what lounge can/cannot use and in different airports?

funny, i never had issues with QR biz ticket at the golden lounge

funny, i never had issues with QR biz ticket at the golden lounge

Are you a One World Sapphire or Emerald Member? If you are, you can use the lounge I guess.

Are you a One World Sapphire or Emerald Member? If you are, you can use the lounge I guess.

Access with a J boarding pass alone has always worked in my experience.

Your J Pass shows you are One World Sapphire or Emerald member?

My experience In the Qantas Lounge is similar. They told me Im allowed entry because Im sapphire as shown on my Business Class pass.

Anyone knows which lounge is Malaysia Airlines using for Business Class at Sydney Airport? Is the lounge Qantas?

am not OWS or OWE. i got in with pass alone. have even gotten in with UL J pass.

i got in with pass alone. have even gotten in with UL J pass.

Rightfully so. A departing J/F boarding pass for a OW-operated flight should be sufficient to get into a OW lounge if one has no elite status.

There are exceptions, of course, but none that are relevant to MH/QF discussed in this thread.

Edited by Chris Tan

I will be in Brisbane and Sydney again this October and will check if I can use the Qantas Lounge on Business Class on Malaysia Airlines

Last time on Brisbane I was denied entry into the Qantas Lounge at Brisbane with the Business Class

Boarding pass. Only allowed in because of my One World Sapphire benefits.

Sign in to follow this