MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Malaysia Airlines service changes

Rescue flights in lieu of KIX flights.

Oh ok thanks for the information :search:

They really should at least use the A332, if not the A333 for PER..

Yes that was the plan I thought but they are not really utilizing their A332 as much or so it seems. PER folks seem to be very loyal to SQ, EK, QR, OD, D7 and of course QF. I think MH has almost lost their presence in PER, especially so after the two incidents and their withdrawals from mainland Europe.

MH deploying their 30" seat pitch B738s was a mistake - if they want to use the B738s, they should at least give pax 32" seat pitch. That was what OD did and they are doing OK.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/10/31/sabah-appeals-to-authorities-to-reconsider-halting-kk-tawau-kk-sandakan-flight-routes/
KOTA KINABALU: Sabah Tourism, Culture and Environment minister Datuk Christina Liew is appealing to the authorities, including MASwings to reconsider its decision to stop the Kota Kinabalu-Tawau and Kota Kinabalu-Sandakan routes.

She said the decision to stop these routes, starting Jan 1, 2019, would affect the people of Sabah, as the flight helps connect the urban and rural folks and helps promote these areas to tourists.

KK, Sandakan and Tawau are hardly rural places.

And Maswings fare is still more expensive than AK even booked 2-3 days before departure date.

A total of six routes ceased, including

Kota Kinabalu - Sandakan,

Kota Kinabalu - Tawau,

Kota Kinabalu - Miri,

Kuching - Miri,

Kuching - Kota Kinabalu and

Kuching - Sibu.

I think it is the time to let Malindo ATRs to start focus on BKI and KCH base and expand to all these ex MASwings ATR routes. Malindo and Wings surely can cover TRK-TWU vv and also develop new routes from TRK eg TRK-SDK / TRK-BKI. AK also can do BKI-SDK-TWU-TRK pattern if they are able to fill seats for A320. Time for KK SDK TWU to embrace Medical Tourism from TRK BPN areas like Melaka and Penang did. DHT flights can remain with MASwings and subsidized by State and Fed Gov for affordable fares to the rural people. And some STOL ports should have the runway extended to minimum ATR operations. Eg: LDU is a STOL port with ATR supported ops.

Edited by Adrian M

MH deploying their 30" seat pitch B738s was a mistake - if they want to use the B738s, they should at least give pax 32" seat pitch. That was what OD did and they are doing OK.

I beg to differ on this. Did KUL-KBR on OD before hari raya because MH was full. In the OD flight, there are still empty seats although ticket price was quite cheap compared to AK and MH. Modern aircraft seats are designed to give good legroom even with smaller pitch.

I beg to differ on this. Did KUL-KBR on OD before hari raya because MH was full. In the OD flight, there are still empty seats although ticket price was quite cheap compared to AK and MH. Modern aircraft seats are designed to give good legroom even with smaller pitch.

KBR is not a typical route - we also have services operated out of SZB. It is also a short flight - so bad seats are not such a big problem as on longer (4-6 hr) flights.

I only took a handful of flights on MH's current B738s - I have found that even AK's 29" pitch seats gives me more comfort than MH's.

Sign in to follow this