MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Malaysia Airlines launches widebody tender process, could oust Boeing 787 deal: source

So basically there's a stronger justification for MAS to ditch Airbus & go all-Boeing then?

Ditching is the easy way out - MAB should learn how to address challenges and solve problems, and not just give up so easily.

Believe MAB needs to firm on their decision. If they're going to order the 330neo please have contingency plan for the crew. Now with manpower cut most the staffs are in somesort of limbo with no clear direction which is why people are leaving for the greener pasture. If this issue continues MAB is going to have to cut down flights but the CEO statement seems go flair like the company is going on Asian expansion with crazy roster and min rest at the expense of the staffs and crew. I don't think I can comment any further or I might get into trouble though but this is just what's sort of happening in mab in the operation aspect.

With pilot shortages throughout the industry, it would be prudent for MAB to come out with a robust policy to compete in the job market. This is a problem that other airlines have tackled - e.g. Airasia did not like their crew being head hunted by competitors and have taken measures to retain their staff in a more robust way.

I think short term, MAB needs to recruit A330 rated pilots rather than promote B737 crew. Longer term, they need to figure out some kind of programme to fix the problem - either to go all Boeing or all Airbus or have a comprehensive conversion training programme. Whatever decision is made, it is going to cost money! But losing staff to competitors also costs money too!

Believe me crew pass/fail rate does not influence decision to buy certain make.

Its a question of perception. An experienced Boeing pilot will learn how to fly the Airbus given proper training. And likewise.

With regards of high failure rate (unverified at this time to my knowledge), its all known A330 fleet training/checking culture in MAB has been toxic for the past few years.

Yet it wont influence any decision making process to procure 787/A330neo or A350.

For pilots, life goes on. If the boss say go fly a kite, they will fly a kite.

MAB values seniority like other legacy airlines. Recruitment of outsiders for widebody fleet which considered to be an upgrade for everyone, will be kept to minimum.

Sign in to follow this