MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
BC Tam

KLIA3

Coming soon ! :D

New terminal for KL airport
from: https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/03/14/mahb-to-build-new-terminal-within-five-years/

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd is looking to develop a new terminal within the next five years as the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and the adjacent KLIA2 are running at maximum capacity.

Stupid naming convention

Well, at least KL can join the ranks of megacities like NYC, LON, TYO in having multiple airports!

KLIA (1), KLIA2, KLIA3 and SZB.

And then, they design and design and build and build and cut the ribbons and launch and ... opps, forget about efficient connectivity with the other airports in the vicinity.

And then, they design and design and build and build and cut the ribbons and launch and ... opps, forget about efficient connectivity with the other airports in the vicinity.

Opps... I meant terminals in the vicinity. This MAHB naming conventionitis is contagious.

And so far, still more silence on any replacement train sets servicing the satellite terminal at KLIA1.... the MAHB management are really an oblivious bunch of people.

They are talking about building KLIA3 at another launch event. Shows how much focus MAHB has.

KLIA isn't even fully developed yet. I thought that they were supposed to build satellite 2 and also extend the MTB?

KLIA2 still has endless problems related to the swamp land it is built on and they want to build KLIA3 in similar soil conditions? Genius!

Thought land is allotted for klia2/t2 future remote/satellite terminal.

Exactly. The empty land is reserved and ready for a new 'mirror image' satellite terminal. I still believe that they should not be another name. KLIA name shall remain and the new satellite terminal shall have 'D' gates.

Facilities that have been identified to undergo enhancements and upgrading are the baggage handling system and the Aerotrain. The existing terminal building will be expanded and modified to increase the efficiency and facilities such as boarding gates and apron parking. These upgrades and expansion will be completed within the next five years.” It clarified.

According to Badlisham, MAHB is still decades away from adding another new terminal to the KLIA airport system."

Misquoted again la.....

I can 100% confirm the KLIA3 was a misquote. I heard the recording myself.

He said terminal expansion will be in five years, and "KLIA3 will be decades away".

Media for some reason wrote KLIA3 will be in 5 years.

I just want better toilets. Got a toilet shock when I came back from AMS to KUL. the cleanliness of toilet in AMS is even ahead of SIN.

Dont talk about Europe or Changi. Even our neighbour Thai has much better standard of toilets. Smell free, smoke free, dry, clean, sanitized and user friendly. Our toilets here are smelly, wet, dark, shoe print everywhere, broken door knob etc.

I thought reporters will just published from press releases? With so much misquote I think they should just hand them the press release and ask them to print alphabet by alphabet.

Otherwise it's another "fake" news.

I thought reporters will just published from press releases? With so much misquote I think they should just hand them the press release and ask them to print alphabet by alphabet.

Otherwise it's another "fake" news.

Even with PRs, they can misquote! That is my experience dealing with the local media - they are not journalists, they are merely reporters. And they are not very good reporters!

I think these klia3 reports came from the Press Conference at the Subang launch event.

Sign in to follow this