MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samuel Chy

BKI/WBKK 2018

Come rain, come shine, Samuel will be there! Good catches! Thanks for sharing!

try something different :friends:

initially was local team triggered by FR24 with CZ will send over their 788. but eventually still 738.

what/whose private jet was musa aman traveling on?

Jet Asia but ground handling prepped by AirAsia which is rare. Reminded me of Caterham jet service. Meanwhile the ex Cm's old G-200 has not flown him for quite a while. Edited by jahur

Anyone been to 'World Trael Cafe' @ Aeropod for spotting? Seems to be quite a lot of RW20 landings these few days

https://web.facebook.com/worldtravelcafes

have not visit the cafe in person, but it's indeed come with very good environment, the renovation and designs, and good view from the cafe, especially as you say when Rwy20 in action. foods variety is quite a intersting, but the price tag was..

anyway, iirc the cafe is set-up by a local travel agent.

Its been years since i've spotted any Fokkers the last being Sky Aviation in Melaka. We're lucky enough to have Leading Edge Air Service Corporation to have one of their aircrafts stopping by in KK today.

psFI7rs.jpg

Mzfluk6.jpg

QfCjcEb.jpg

Its said this new established charter company will operate 6 Fokker 50 in the Philippines.

I have many fond memories of the Fokker 50, the sound of its engine is something I do miss. ATR-72 is ok, but seems to 'shake' a bit more in the cloud. As a child I would always sit near the engine area, so I can see the landing gear go up and also down before landing. Such ingenuity.

Though, of course, I will also always remember the fokker incident at old Tawau airport many years ago.

Edited by Eddy Liew

I have many fond memories of the Fokker 50, the sound of its engine is something I do miss. ATR-72 is ok, but seems to 'shake' a bit more in the cloud. As a child I would always sit near the engine area, so I can see the landing gear go up and also down before landing. Such ingenuity.

Though, of course, I will also always remember the fokker incident at old Tawau airport many years ago.

I used to take Fokker 50s to SDK regularly before the A320 and b738 came out. Yes the plane is more rugged and sturdy in frame plus many fond memories. The ones used by MASWings and MAS even came with APU installed on the right engine. Believe the leading edge plane that came today didnt probably Fokker 50s were not issued with APU as a standard.

Oh i see, so I guess the hissing noise on ground as you can hear with MH's Fokker F50s were the APUs?

I am sure some of us have been on the Fokker F-27s, which was my very first aircraft in life, the F-27s had to be attached to a diesel generator whenever they were on the ground. Hence you can't hear the hissing noise with the F-27s. I love the noise of the Rolls Royce Darts better!

Edited by S V Choong

8 years later, today we are glad to see a Fokker 50 in BKI. which the last Fokker in MasWings fleet, 9M-MGF was retired on end of March 2010.

here's the Fokker 50 (aka. Dutch Ladies) we spotted today

RP-C8891 belongs to Leading Edge Air Service, which also the third to join the fleets after RP-C8250 (msn 20240, delivered on Dec2017) and RP-C9458 (msn20251, delivered on Jan2018). both of the earlier delivered Fokker50 are newer airframe which built on 1992, according to the F50 fanpage updates on the latest aircraft owner/operator list on 03aug2018.

her Unique nose

42767214660_d0b37fd8e7_o.jpg

the PW125B

43858638104_e18a45ed6e_o.jpg

is MAS the only operator paint the blades with white strips?

the iconic "Fokker" logo near the tail,

42767214220_ccdb0ecf3f_o.jpg

dedicated for Adrian M

and later she continue her journey after a short tech-stop in BKi with topping up some fuel, with POB of 5.

29638778267_b857d7b083_o.jpg

as a small tributes to our beloved Uncle Pieter :drinks:

and thanks to skyJus for the flight information

this was taken on 08Sep, another equipment upgrade by MH from KUL.

42767215360_5fc9eabeaa_o.jpg

Edited by Samuel Chy

the video is nice, SV~ can see the flame some more

and neverthless, Fokker50 still looks very elegant~!

F-27 is just really raw and loud

F-50 is more civilised and tame! ;)

Both equally elegant

I remember the F-27's very well - they used to fly from Subang in MSA colours too. Real workhorses when we had flights from Subang to Ipoh, Melaka, Kuantan and other small airports.

In those days, road transport was terrible and it used to take three or four hours on the trunk road to get to Ipoh/Melaka.

Although FD had started DMK - BKI flight mid August, all the flights has been operated by new generation NEOs (HS-BBV, BBY, CBF, CBH etc). Today was the first time they sent a CEO special scheme.

42213548_1085788461584122_36860546899310

6/10

A much delayed Eastar Jet 942 back to Busan departing BKI at around 10am.

43312951_2204035279914506_65472070818400

Hope Geoff is reading this. After searching for 3 years this heli appeared at BKI yesterday to send an injured employee to the hospital (I was told).

44645039_670649533328590_161462448026759

Edited by Waiping