MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hon Kit

Malaysia Airlines A350 Thread

Sheesh, they really need to spell check their captions!

And I thought that it was only the IFE screen instructions that had errors....

I noticed MH's announcements on Facebook or Twitter have many grammatical errors and some of them did not make any sense. It seems like they don't proofread before releasing it to public anymore.

I noticed MH's announcements on Facebook or Twitter have many grammatical errors and some of them did not make any sense. It seems like they don't proofread before releasing it to public anymore.

I am not sure if it is a language competency problem or the tidak apa attitude that is the cause of this problem.

27991901909_4fd42ba60c_b.jpg

Ambiance is another spelling for ambience - both are correct.

Yes, ambiance is the French spelling - ambience is the Anglicised spelling. As you've said, both are correct.

And to be honest, given that the video's definitely produced by an agency I really doubt they would have not checked it three or four times before releasing it.

Ambiance is another spelling for ambience - both are correct.

Depends on whether it is UK or US English. I believe that in this country, we are taught UK English spelling and grammar.

Depends on whether it is UK or US English. I believe that in this country, we are taught UK English spelling and grammar.

Ambiance/ambience is French in origin. Quit nitpicking on things that are right.

I recently stumbled upon some interesting replies via MAS' official FB page to some of the questions in the comments section.

Extract of an example below:

Facebook user A: Looks nice malaysia airlines! But i’m still waiting for a refound(plane ticket invoiced 3times) since 2years! Do something!

MAS: Hello, Brieuc. This is not sounds good. Would you mind to share your case reference number, through private message for our further follow up and advise? Looking forward to hear from you.

:help: Quite embarrassing tbh.

Edited by Kingsley

I recently stumbled upon some interesting replies via MAS' official FB page to some of the questions in the comments section.

Facebook user A: Looks nice malaysia airlines! But i’m still waiting for a refound(plane ticket invoiced 3times) since 2years! Do something!

MAS: Hello, Brieuc. This is not sounds good. Would you mind to share your case reference number, through private message for our further follow up and advise? Looking forward to hear from you.

dont think they care, even after 3 new CEOs they still couldnt get the basics right

dont think they care, even after 3 new CEOs they still couldnt get the basics right

You missed a few apostrophes there.

Facebook user A: Looks nice malaysia airlines! But im still waiting for a refound(plane ticket invoiced 3times) since 2years! Do something!

Well, the guy asked for a refound...

You missed a few apostrophes there.

I believe there is a glitch somewhere in the software, I've had punctuation marks gone missing from some of my replies recently too :)

Still not an excuse to be so relaxed with the language.

I should have added - :rofl:

I believe there is a glitch somewhere in the software, I've had punctuation marks gone missing from some of my replies recently too :)

and these people were the ones who reminded ppl to stick to the topic..go figure, glad to see MH had some unofficial unsalaried keyboard warriors though

and these people were the ones who reminded ppl to stick to the topic..go figure, glad to see MH had some unofficial unsalaried keyboard warriors though

Inappropriate usage of grammar, spelling, vocabulary and/or punctuation et al in MH's A350 promotional video certainly counts as sticking to the topic, for me at least.

Btw, you might've used the phrase "keyboard warrior" incorrectly.

Inappropriate usage of grammar, spelling, vocabulary and/or punctuation et al in MH's A350 promotional video certainly counts as sticking to the topic, for me at least.

Btw, you might've used the phrase "keyboard warrior" incorrectly.

well quick to point out that while not knowing what you were stating about, if only you werent that lazy to check out replies history

anyway i dont want to waste my time on lazy ppl, just find out urself

grammatically incorrect? i know and dont care, no one here is paying me for tht anyway

excited to see reactions...LOL

Edited by Khalil Abd Halim

There's technically nothing wrong with the promo video, even from a language standpoint. Ambiance is as correct as ambience as far as language is concerned. Heck even the spellcheck on this forum reply box is putting a red underline under the word ambience, but none under ambiance. Sure ambience is more widely used but ambiance is still correct, it doesn't even sound odd. This harks back to the AirAsia's Bank Rakyat livery where people disputed the tagline on the plane... 'Your Choice Bank' vs 'Your Bank of Choice'.

If some of the people here had known better then the wonky MH Facebook replies wouldn't have showed up here, causing the thread to start on its downward spiral to what it is right now. Let's see how far it's going to devolve.

By the way could everyone lay off on singling out other users. It only aggravates things.

Cheers all.

well quick to point out that while not knowing what you were stating about, if only you werent that lazy to check out replies history

anyway i dont want to waste my time on lazy ppl, just find out urself

grammatically incorrect? i know and dont care, no one here is paying me for tht anyway

excited to see reactions...LOL

I dont understand your incessant need in resorting to personal attacks when someone disagrees with you or even begs to differ, as I have.

I truly am shocked that a lawyer doesnt know the difference between vocabulary and grammar. Its funny that you personally attack me as being lazy when in fact, you wont even google the phrase keyboard warrior for yourself. Your reply was hypocrisy at its best; you are the epitome of a lazy, keyboard warrior, and possibly even more, in my humble opinion of course.

But what would I know right? Im not a doctor or a pilot, and certainly not a lawyer.

Oh, and getting back on topic, how did you deduce btw that these MH social media staff were unsalaried? Im genuinely curious how you know this.

There's technically nothing wrong with the promo video, even from a language standpoint. Ambiance is as correct as ambience as far as language is concerned. Heck even the spellcheck on this forum reply box is putting a red underline under the word ambience, but none under ambiance. Sure ambience is more widely used but ambiance is still correct, it doesn't even sound odd. This harks back to the AirAsia's Bank Rakyat livery where people disputed the tagline on the plane... 'Your Choice Bank' vs 'Your Bank of Choice'.

If some of the people here had known better then the wonky MH Facebook replies wouldn't have showed up here, causing the thread to start on its downward spiral to what it is right now. Let's see how far it's going to devolve.

By the way could everyone lay off on singling out other users. It only aggravates things.

Cheers all.

The singling out wouldnt happen if personal attacks didnt happen in the first place. Edited by Ashley Lee