MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hon Kit

Malaysia Airlines A350 Thread

I think some of delays may be due to crew rest. They have limited A350 crews. If the previous day's flights are delayed, subsequent flights may also be impacted.

Did a run to BKI over d weekened. The plane is very very quiet. Both take off & landing with thrust reverser deployed which should be the loudest decibel one could experience on board seems like sound during taxi on other jets.

Just did the Penang run - agreed that the plane is really quiet. Tried MHupgrade but was not successful. However noted that for both flights, the biz class was less than half full - perhaps my bid was too low! having said that, I used to get the upgrade even though I submitted the lowest bid in the past.

Selected seats in the Y+ cabin for both sectors and found the extra 4-5 inches really made all the difference - I guess I won't mind paying the extra for the seats for my future LHR flights - it is worth it. I took a window seat and found getting out of the seat to the toilet did not require other pax to get up - which wass great - less disturbance for them. I checked out the normal Y seats while going to the toilet, found it to be adequate even for 31 inch pitch.

Found the Y+ seat moved forward when reclined, not sure if it is the same in the normal Y seats (didn't manage to check it out). I must say it was rather comfortable with the recline, and yes, i even had a short nap. The windows were awesome and large!

Overall, I could imagine that it would be a comfortable flight for long haul.

The A350 will not be serving any domestic route once it starts the long haul to LHR i assumed?

No.unless maybe during some peak periods where they upgauge LHR to A380

I suspect the A380 will also play supersub to LHR/NRT when the A350 is unavailable due to maintenance.

I suspect the A380 will also play supersub to LHR/NRT when the A350 is unavailable due to maintenance.

I hope that they will update the interiors for 1 or 2 of their A380 and use for the LHR/NRT runs over peak seasons.

Flew on the A350, liked the big bins, but in terms of noise level, the A380 is on another totally higher level (being quieter).

Can we expect improved catering on MH's LHR flights ? :)

.....The A350 will begin serving the KL-London-KL route this weekend. It has ordered six units of A350 and taken delivery of two.

With the product change comes a caterer change, as MAS will be using Pos Aviation Sdn Bhd instead of Brahims Holdings Bhd for its in-flight catering on its London route.

Pos Aviation (formerly KL Airport Services Sdn Bhd) provides in-flight catering on some other MAS routes and also for other airlines.

Izham is excited about the A350 aircraft and feels it is necessary to offer something different to our passengers on the London route.

from: https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/01/12/mas-eyes-bigger-share-in-muslim-pilgrims-flights/#zzGasFMjWoHLMcyP.99 Edited by BC Tam

MH 4 today (Monday, 15 January 2018) was the first A350 flight KUL-LHR.

MH 1 today (Monday, 15 January 2018) was the first A350 flight LHR-KUL.

I think videos and photos from LHR will be emerging soon.

MAC was sent for the first mission, which is not surprising since it is wearing the Jalur Gemilang special livery.

MH 2 today (Monday, 15 January 2018) was operated by A380 MNE.

I guess MAB is still doing the regional run.

MH 4 today (Monday, 15 January 2018) was the first A350 flight KUL-LHR.

MH 1 today (Monday, 15 January 2018) was the first A350 flight LHR-KUL.

I think videos and photos from LHR will be emerging soon.

MAC was sent for the first mission, which is not surprising since it is wearing the Jalur Gemilang special livery.

MH 2 today (Monday, 15 January 2018) was operated by A380 MNE.

No lah..

She was hibernating yesterday before her London flight today

All the crew familiarisation flights ended on 14 January 2018.

From 15 January 2018, MAB/MAC will operate MH4/MH1.

From 5 March 2018, MH2/MH3 will be operated using the A359 as the next two aircraft will be delivered by then.

https://youtu.be/wY8LuShT0rE?t=50m19s

Only if the Managers are dilligent enough. According to a friend on the inaugural MH4, the caterer(s) - Pos Aviation and/or Awana - messed up big time.

The signature dish - Satay - was missing onboard despite being offered on the menu. They were simply not uploaded! Talk about raining on the parade.

Only if the Managers are dilligent enough. According to a friend on the inaugural MH4, the caterer(s) - Pos Aviation and/or Awana - messed up big time.

The signature dish - Satay - was missing onboard despite being offered on the menu. They were simply not uploaded! Talk about raining on the parade.

Unacceptable!

mw_DSC_0159.jpg

Set crew on MH A350 Inaugural flight to LHR

mw_DSC_0432.jpg

Captain Izham Group CEO MAS also joined the Inaugural flight to LHR

I will share my trip report on the MH A350 Inaugural Flight to LHR in TR section soon.

Cut them some slack, satay was probably not on menu during all those familiarization flights over previous few weeks, so they not biasa yet :D

My MH4 a couple of months ago had no menus at all...

Cut them some slack, satay was probably not on menu during all those familiarization flights over previous few weeks, so they not biasa yet :D

You do get satays on the SIN flights but yes, I get your point. Like, theres nothing in the Airbus manual about how to serve satays onboard A359s on flights to Europe ... so, it could have affected flight dynamics and so on.

mw_DSC_0159.jpg

Set crew on MH A350 Inaugural flight to LHR

mw_DSC_0432.jpg

Captain Izham Group CEO MAS also joined the Inaugural flight to LHR

I will share my trip report on the MH A350 Inaugural Flight to LHR in TR section soon.

I notice that in my recents flights with MH, there are more male cabin crew these days. What happened to our ladies in kebaya? Less in number?

My MH4 a couple of months ago had no menus at all...

No menu distributed on my Australian flights last month - there was only one held by the cabin crew.

I notice that in my recents flights with MH, there are more male cabin crew these days. What happened to our ladies in kebaya? Less in number?

From my personal view, lots of them resign and join other carriers or getting married. That why the new intake only open for FSS no more FS

From my personal view, lots of them resign and join other carriers or getting married. That why the new intake only open for FSS no more FS

Also agreed on Sofian's view; most of them nowadays resigned and heading either to AK or OD