MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Kuching International Airport @ WBGG 2018

Actually edited these for my Instagram story Open Day highlight but guess I'll just insert them here while I work on the actual day pictures. I'm still halfway through the rehearsal pictures.

44685353015_29c2928b23_b.jpg

45581181851_effcbebefe_b.jpg

43781172040_aa0eabdc5a_b.jpg 44684935735_aff3112024_b.jpg 31726541888_aa91a0d48b_b.jpg 44684929255_34a06a9287_b.jpg 30657777517_54168a9eb6_b.jpg 44874016404_538ca715a8_b.jpg 45598836831_ae643ff6a6_b.jpg 45598826231_b906debe61_b.jpg 31726480968_a62d5f565d_b.jpg 45598809101_ce151e284e_b.jpg

Great stuff, Prestley!

U may have been the first MWings spotter to have shared a photo of the RMAF's A400M in tanker configuration! :clapping:

Great stuff, Prestley!

U may have been the first MWings spotter to have shared a photo of the RMAF's A400M in tanker configuration! :clapping:

Really? I must be really lucky then! Is there a physical difference or a way to tell if it's in a non normal configuration?

Really? I must be really lucky then! Is there a physical difference or a way to tell if it's in a non normal configuration?

Yes, the tankers have those two outboard underwing pods that normal aircraft don't carry.

Yes, the tankers have those two outboard underwing pods that normal aircraft don't carry.

Just out of curiosity..are all 4 of RMAF A400's configured as tanker or just the one we seen at Kuching? And..awesome shots Prestley, must have really cool lens now yeah :friends:

KCH spotters be on alert 27 Nov - Qantas 744F due in town in morning (as per FR24)

Departing for BKK 11:35 - unable to tell where/when it will fly in from though

:)

KCH spotters be on alert 27 Nov - Qantas 744F due in town in morning (as per FR24)

Will be flying in from Avalon. The 747 is expected to be N493MC operated by Atlas Air.

Just out of curiosity..are all 4 of RMAF A400's configured as tanker or just the one we seen at Kuching? And..awesome shots Prestley, must have really cool lens now yeah :friends:

I'm guessing it's configured when necessary. Just using an old 55-300mm lah heheh. Edited by Prestley Shim

Cant trust FR24 schedule 100% bro. Supposed to arrive this morning but so far no sound. Even on FR24 nothing. :)

Depends on the skill and imagination of the person who took the shots bro. Prestley got both hence granted the title #sifutower. :drinks:

Cant trust FR24 schedule 100% bro. Supposed to arrive this morning but so far no sound. Even on FR24 nothing. :)

Depends on the skill and imagination of the person who took the shots bro. Prestley got both hence granted the title #sifutower. :drinks:

info from FR24 should be pre-loaded when the apply for the flight? it might have last minutes changes due to the cargos sometime, as mostly they carry live animal from Australia to Kuching or KK.

Passed by the end of runway 07 today and noticed that the authorities have added runway approach lights to the existing lights (the concrete wall structure). They cleared the vacated army camp land next to the runway and added new approach lights atop tall yellow two prong poles. Does this mean that the Instrument Landing System (ILS) at runway 07 is finally ready and that we can expect more landings at 07? It could save up to 10 minutes flight time if compared to the current practice that planes have to circle the city and land at runway 25.

Hey guys, was wondering anyone of you know this particular airline or plane. I arrived at KIA last night and notice a A319 was parked at gate 7. Its a livery Ive never seems before looks a bit like westjet but not the same colour. I cant see the rego but I saw universal written on the fuselage.

Any idea what is it?

Hey guys, was wondering anyone of you know this particular airline or plane. I arrived at KIA last night and notice a A319 was parked at gate 7. Its a livery Ive never seems before looks a bit like westjet but not the same colour. I cant see the rego but I saw universal written on the fuselage.

Any idea what is it?

Most likely Universal Entertainment A318 9H-UEC which arrived Kuching from Melbourne, departed to Clark yesterday morning.

Info from Skyliner:

Airbus A318-112CJ MSN 5478 Reg 9H-UEC Owner Comlux Aviation Malta

Operator Universal Entertainment Corp cs, first in svc 17/21dec18 SZB-MEL-KCH ex N777UE

It's been awhile since this thread's saw some action so here I am closing 2018 Kuching's thread, posting on behalf of my fellow Kuching spotting colleague, Mr Walter Asa. In this final celebration of the year, we welcome back an old friend after many years, that is Royal Brunei Airlines.

Royal Brunei Airlines has recently re-launched its Bandar Seri Begawan-Kuching route and this has been seen as a welcome move by the Sarawak State Tourism Board and its Bruneian counterpart with the airline offering some pretty good deals to destinations as far as London from Kuching via BWN. A small ceremony was held in Brunei prior to departure with a celebration held in KCH the next day at the Riverside Hotel.

As fitting as it may, the aircraft performing the first flight was V8-RBD, a brand new Airbus A320neo painted in the "Brunei Tourism" livery.

The flight departed from BWN early at 10.32pm and arrived early one hour later into KCH at 11.32pm on a wet runway 25 and docked at gate 7. The total POB on the flight was 151.

The bright red beacon with a slower pulse rate than the usual older A320s distinguishing an A320neo as the aircraft approaches the gate.

46475656622_5489118b1f_b.jpg1

Chocks on. Welcome back to Kuching, RBA!

32654460988_e07f85d12f_b.jpg

Ground handling by Aerodarat and catering by MAS Awana.

32654448608_957a5d7d02_b.jpg

A closer look at the number 1 CFM LEAP-1A engine powering the aircraft.

32654540158_1d73095832_b.jpg

Happy crew onboard. Cheers and here's to hoping they last a long time in KCH!

44710309720_29747feb69_b.jpg

Edited by Prestley Shim

Thanks for the cover Prestley. No water canon? :acute: Or is this reserved only for inaugural flights?

Thanks for the cover Prestley. No water canon? :acute: Or is this reserved only for inaugural flights?

My guess - the wow factor of a water canon salute at that time of day would be somewhat negligible vs time and effort required :)