MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Kuching International Airport @ WBGG 2018

Hoping to spot the other version of the WingsAir livery. And yes, the aircraft makes a nightstop every night. Usually parks at bay 8B.

Righto. IW must have good reasons for doing so considering the additional cost of parking, crew accommodation etc. I expect the commercial load factor for the 7 am flight must be good. I recalled years before when BI used to nightstop their A319 in KCH for an early morning departure to BWN.

Fantastic coverage Prestly. Kudos to you. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :friends: :friends: :friends:

Righto. IW must have good reasons for doing so considering the additional cost of parking, crew accommodation etc. I expect the commercial load factor for the 7 am flight must be good. I recalled years before when BI used to nightstop their A319 in KCH for an early morning departure to BWN.

Load was pretty bad...except during the holidays. KCH to BWN didn't work with BI 319 nor it it worked with MH ATR 72...I wonder if AK dare try with their 320?

Thanks for the great pics; well covered. Noticed that this IW aircraft has Lion Air's logo on its tail. I have seen IW in Indonesia spotting another logo - a pair of wings sans the lion head. Anyway, all part of the Lion family.

What's the call sign?

Thanks for the great pics; well covered. Noticed that this IW aircraft has Lion Air's logo on its tail. I have seen IW in Indonesia spotting another logo - a pair of wings sans the lion head. Anyway, all part of the Lion family.

What's the call sign?

1200px-ATR_72-600_Wings_Air_%28WON%29_F-

vs this one

lowongan-kerja-wing-air.jpg

Spotted on 9/02 and 11/02 inside the Airport terminal.

25347788087_d7fb2275bf_b.jpg

9M-AHS, My ride from SBW (AK6469).

And first time spotting this one too:

40218342871_1806028c83_b.jpg

MASwings ATR 72-500 9M-MWF in 'Negaraku' livery.

11/02/2018, Boarding AK6460 to SBW. However flight was delayed due to the late arrival of the aircraft from BKI.

And my ride home (9M-AQN):

40185928992_67f4e91802_b.jpg

40218584561_935f855773_b.jpg

First time spotting the AK 1Malaysia jet (9M-AFP).

And not to forget this one too:

40218581881_ba2fa6fbd4_b.jpg

39507216214_8b280f2d40_b.jpg

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

nice one Mizi, my friend is operating inside the greenland to Miri.

Thanks; Ah i see :D

Nice!!!

Thanks Cikgu

This CNY season, any news of equipment upgrade to 330 or 350? We used to have Chinese charters at this time operated by CZ or MU.

This CNY season, any news of equipment upgrade to 330 or 350? We used to have Chinese charters at this time operated by CZ or MU.

9M-MAC went to BKk this morning while MAD took over MH4 service. There should be upgrades if bookings are heavy as A380 flights also free up A330s.

Sorry to inform you that there isn't any equipment upgrade for CNY this time around. Only extra flights mounted by AK with flight number AK9222/9223 operated by KUL hub crew. MAB favor BKI more than KCH for equipment upgrade to A333. In 2017 there's equipment upgrade to A333 once a while.

Don't think there is any upgrades for BKI as well this time around, although we do have some charters from OD to Chinese cities like NNG, CTU, TSN, WNZ etc. CNY seasonal charter I think.

Sorry to inform you that there isn't any equipment upgrade for CNY this time around. Only extra flights mounted by AK with flight number AK9222/9223 operated by KUL hub crew. MAB favor BKI more than KCH for equipment upgrade to A333. In 2017 there's equipment upgrade to A333 once a while.

Sigh,. thanks for the information.

There will be an A333 coming tomorrow as MH2520/2513.

Okay, at least one equipment upgrade.

Unfortunately the A333 (9M-MTH) is grounded due to technical problem :( too bad to hear the 1st equipment upgrade ended up AOG

Tuesday's equipment upgrade. Ended up grounded till the next day and only departed back to KUL around 9pm.

9M-MTH.

26512324468_2cd447f8f5_h.jpg

40338418462_0aeafcd6d1_h.jpg

40338411592_e7660af82f_h.jpg

Yep, time for this baby to take a bath. I always enjoyed an A330 landing; usually smooth and slow like any gentle giant. Thanks for the pictures Prestley

When MTC came last year, it was even dirtier!

On a side note, 9M-AJY on 25th operated KUL-ICN-YNY-KCH and is parked at the cargo apron at the moment of this posting. YangYang is one of the airports closest to the Olympic venue cities. Charter flight?