MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Frasier

MH Booking website

Prompted by a recent conversation where I was told by a friend that MH now charges for baggage - I tried to make a dummy booking and indeed the booking website is terribly flawed.

The booking process/engine is misleading and after you have chosen your flights - you are taken to a page to choose your seat, pay for baggage and then choose a meal.

To the unfamiliar - it is unclear that your booking already includes 30kg of luggage and I inadvertently doubled the cost of the ticket once I added 'prepaid luggage of 20kg'!

The engine then asks you to make a meal selection and apart from 'Korean Beef' - all the other options are all special meal options.

I have provided feedback to MAS via their website but I expect this has vapourise into the ether...

is there a way of bringing this to the attention of Malaysia Airlines??

(I can see why friends have been put off booking with MH as the price doubles once you 'add luggage' - and I wonder how many people may have been caught out by this.. and feel MH need to be aware of this flaw)

Unless you are unfamiliar with FSCs I don't see any other reason you may think you need to pay for baggage allowance. When one reaches the Choose Services page it's quite clear to see these services are extras in addition to what's already in your booking. Also when selecting your flight if you click on the fare product it shows your allocated baggage allowance, mile accrual what have you.

The engine then asks you to make a meal selection and apart from 'Korean Beef' - all the other options are all special meal options.

You are selecting the "additional services" tab. I was curious about the Korean Beef which seems to be available on all flights and sounds amazing right now, but it's actually Diabetic Meal (so don't order it unless you want diabetic meal) :) It's probably just a coding error that an intern messed up ;)

Sign in to follow this