MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jahur

MAB Signed MOU for 8 787-9 and 8 737 Max 8 During Najib-Trump Visit

Somebody told him AirAsia's already using GE engine?

That is a half truth - doesn't carry that America First ummph somehow :D

The recent MOU to potentially add eight of the widebody Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft to our fleet from Quarter 3 in 2019 is to add capacity to the airline’s widebody fleet and provide a high level of quality on its most lucrative routes.

Any latest info on MH plan for 787-9.... Still on track by Q3 2019?

Edited by nrazmoor

With the election of a new Pakatan Harapan govt. will this MoU proceed or is it dead?

With the election of a new Pakatan Harapan govt. will this MoU proceed or is it dead?

There are probably more important matters that need to be taken care of before this can be attended to.

Dead as a dodo.

In fact I am expecting NAA and NAB to be disposed too.

Dead as a dodo.

In fact I am expecting NAA and NAB to be disposed too.

Unless the gomen to order a replacement, easier and cheaper to change the registration. Current market value of these two birds is likely less than half of purchased price. Edited by KK Lee

Isn't 9M-NAB supposed to have been leased in ?

Yes, I think from Comlux.

I am sure all these leases will be reviewed in an effort to cut out wasteful expenditure.

I love to see B787 for MAB but Airbus already pitches for 251t A330neo. it should be the right candidate for A330 replacement. Longer range, common commonality with current A350XWB, less costs. Should be enough for MAB medium-to-long range network. Hope for no political interference after this (hope so)

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2018/05/12/nufam-to-seek-probe-on-boeing-purchases/

I find rather odd for a flight attendant union to question such aircraft purchases, unless they specifically voice if it cause safety and health concerns to flight attendants resulting from these aircraft types. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2018/05/12/nufam-to-seek-probe-on-boeing-purchases/

I find rather odd for a flight attendant union to question such aircraft purchases, unless they specifically voice if it cause safety and health concerns to flight attendants resulting from these aircraft types. Just my 2 cents.

NUFAM is and10t. They probably think planes are bought by cash.

These people don't know that if the planes don't get replaced, if people no longer wants to fly MAS because unreliability issues, they won't have a job.

South African airways is now bankrupt. Royal Jordanian cancels remaining 787s on delivery. Jet Airways cancelling all orders. Not good times ahead for FSCs.

Edited by jahur

With oil prices above USD 80 again, airlines should be more conservative with their expansion plans.

For MAB, they should not worry too much about new aircraft for now - it looks like the A330/A350/A380 combo for regional and long haul routes is working reasonably well. If they want to have more fuel efficient aircraft, I would think the A350 is the way to go as a replacement for A330s - the A350 also don't have problems with their Trent XWB engines that others are experiencing with the Trent 1000s. More A350s would also reap economies of scale.

The A380s are a problem but I think charters, wet leases and supersub roles do help to lower the losses for MAB. Most A380 operators with sizeable fleets seem to be doing OK with them. So I think MAB does not have the economies of scale that is needed for profitable A380 ops. Meanwhile, they should not give up and should try to see what can be done to make them work - market conditions change all the time, so they should constantly review the situation.

With oil prices above USD 80 again, airlines should be more conservative with their expansion plans.

For MAB, they should not worry too much about new aircraft for now - it looks like the A330/A350/A380 combo for regional and long haul routes is working reasonably well. If they want to have more fuel efficient aircraft, I would think the A350 is the way to go as a replacement for A330s - the A350 also don't have problems with their Trent XWB engines that others are experiencing with the Trent 1000s. More A350s would also reap economies of scale.

So MH doesn't need more A330s after all?

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21218&p=378807

MH should have different configuration of aircraft type for fleet flexibility where market demanding change such as more J class/no F class and vice versa. It's kind of waste when the hard products are there but not fully utilised. the best example is JL which have same turnaround scenario, their B767, B787 has 3 configs.

MH should have different configuration of aircraft type for fleet flexibility where market demanding change such as more J class/no F class and vice versa. It's kind of waste when the hard products are there but not fully utilised. the best example is JL which have same turnaround scenario, their B767, B787 has 3 configs.

i wonder whether it works for them....

i wonder whether it works for them....

MAB has a small fleet of aircraft - flexibility is important.

However, there is an opportunity for the 737 Max to be configured to operate longer, regional routes. If MAB use lie flat seats for his class and offer 32" seat pitch in economy class, the Max can be used on routes over 5 hours flying time...

MAB has a small fleet of aircraft - flexibility is important.

However, there is an opportunity for the 737 Max to be configured to operate longer, regional routes. If MAB use lie flat seats for his class and offer 32" seat pitch in economy class, the Max can be used on routes over 5 hours flying time...

Indeed..but this will affect the short transit performance i.e interior cleaning will take longer,etc. If the 737 MAX is a like-for-like replacement for the 737NGs, more than 50% of the trips will be for flights < 3 hours. Not to mention the weight and cost of the lie-flats.

Sign in to follow this