MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Craig

MH W17/18 Updates

We are getting soft! There was a time, in the 1960's, when people took B737 charter flights from Sg Besi airport to London!

During SG besi airport period, more likely de Havilland Comet. Edited by KK Lee

Yes, that was why they had to make multiple stops. And the journey took considerably longer!

So of course you will then have a lot of time in between to stand all you like

God my reply has caused such a stir. What I meant is in narrowbodies it's hard to ambulate due to only single aisle available, much much harder to walk up and down the aisle when others want to use it too.

God my reply has caused such a stir. What I meant is in narrowbodies it's hard to ambulate due to only single aisle available, much much harder to walk up and down the aisle when others want to use it too.

Yes it's a bit harder, but hardly impossible. My longest flight in a 737 is around 6 hours & I didn't find it to be any less comfortable. And it was a full flight, some more.

Can do ANA Business Jet style.

I've done a few 737 and A320 ZRH-EWR and back flights some years ago when they had the all C class flights. Not surprised about the range as there is limited no. of pax and even less luggage than normal with the business travellers mostly carrying their cabin trolleys only.

couple of flights lasted more than 8 hours, but very comfortable of course...

Narrowbody also got aisle what....

But the seat pitch getting smaller. It's hard to go to the washroom without disturbing the person sitting at the aisle seats if you are seated at the window seats or middle seats.

Does the 739er have a longer range than the 738? I was under the impression that 738 flies the furthest...

Yes bro. The 739ER does have slightly longer range than the 738. Thus the 'surname' ER for Extended Range.

Range for Boeing 737-800 is 2935nm. While the range for the Boeing 737-900ER is 2950nm. The one with better range than these two is the Boeing 737-700 (3010nm).

During SG besi airport period, more likely de Havilland Comet.

I am not sure what the scheduled airlines were using - all I can remember is that I sent off a relative there and he took a charter flight on a B737 in the mid-1960s.

I remember my grandmother taking a 737 charter flight operated by Britannia Airways to London in the early 1970's

I remember my grandmother taking a 737 charter flight operated by Britannia Airways to London in the early 1970's

From Subang? I wonder how many tops it made before arriving in London.

From Subang? I wonder how many tops it made before arriving in London.

I was too young, around 5 or 6 to ask her those questions. I just would spend hours looking at all the stuff she got from the plane. I have to say it sparked my interest in aviation

just book the exit row in 737, it's better than Y seat in A380

There are certain Y seats in the A380 that are better than the exit row seats on the 737....and they could recline as well.

Is MAS reducing frequency to 6 x a week to LHR in Oct 2017? Dummy booking showed MH 4 is not operating on tuesday (17 & 24 Oct). Likewise, MH 1 is not available on the same days.

Any idea?

Is MAS reducing frequency to 6 x a week to LHR in Oct 2017? Dummy booking showed MH 4 is not operating on tuesday (17 & 24 Oct). Likewise, MH 1 is not available on the same days.

Any idea?

Sorry, my bad, it should read 13 x weekly instead of 6 x weekly.

Sorry, my bad, it should read 13 x weekly instead of 6 x weekly.

It is a seasonal reduction usually in October/November. Perhaps forecast bookings are lower during this period.

MH will resume SUB beginning October/November 2017:

MH871 KUL0630 - 0810SUB 738 x246

MH870 SUB0900 - 1240KUL 738 x246

Why that departure time ex-KUL tho *insert big eyes emoji*

Edited by Craig

Terrible departure indeed. Perhaps they consider this route low-yield thus those who are more price-sensitive instead of time-sensitive?

Could also be an aircraft utilization issue.

I tried to look up if the arrival into KUL was useful for connections to North Asia, but not really..

The focus for this route is to connect ex/SUB pax to JED flight, thus the early departure timing ex/KUL

I tried to look up if the arrival into KUL was useful for connections to North Asia, but not really..

Pretty much negligible connection ex-KUL other than MH71 from NRT and MH140 from SYD (didn't take overnight connections into consideration).

The focus for this route is to connect ex/SUB pax to JED flight, thus the early departure timing ex/KUL

MH 150 to JED departs at 15:00 and MH 151 arrives from JED at 11:05. Not really friendly for pax returning from JED either.

Edited by Craig

Sign in to follow this