MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Honolulu, Harbin among 5 new destinations for Scoot

...and charge a lot more than what Malaysians pay in this part of the world.

IPH & KUA is well connected via the highways. No point flying in, even through RJ.

SIN-KUA is different simply because we're forgetting the Club Med angle - bargain hunting Singaporeans can still enjoy 5-star luxury vacation by the beach at Club Med...

NUE to FRA and MUC is about similar distance between KUL and KUA and IPH respectively, and traffic to/from NUE is not limited O&D but connection. With regular service and seamless connection, volume will be a lot higher than O&D and local industry in IPH and KUA will be benefited e.g. club med, etc.

Edited by KK Lee

Scoot will certainly be looking at this service in the context of providing feed for its widebody services.

For KCH people looking for a low cost flight, it will mean comparing Scoot's KCH-SIN-final destination and Airasia/Malindo/Malaysia Airlines offerings for KCH-KUL-final destination.

...wonder if this will translate well with ex KCH pax. A hot meal is SGD16!!!

If it's really a hot meal, would it not be a challenge to chow it down without risk of scalding one's tongue, considering flight time SIN-KCH vv ? :D

If it's really a hot meal, would it not be a challenge to chow it down without risk of scalding one's tongue, considering flight time SIN-KCH vv ? :D

MH has always been serving hot meals on this sector.

And hot usually means lukewarm or not freezing, so ...

Acillary on TR are freaking expensive...wonder if this will translate well with ex KCH pax. A hot meal is SGD16!!!

Agree 100%, I usually avoid their food.

MH has always been serving hot meals on this sector.

And hot usually means lukewarm or not freezing, so ...

True...now with just 4 crew...I can imagine how stressed the crew are trying to complete service.

Hahaha...have to adopt the Blow and Chow...Blow and Chow method...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

True...now with just 4 crew...I can imagine how stressed the crew are trying to complete service.

We were recently on an early morning AK flight BKI-SDK, scheduled for 45 minutes

Departure was delayed, chaps up at front must have wanted to make up for lost time, winds must have very favourable that morning - we were airborne like 25 minutes or so instead and arrived early

Felt a bit sorry for those few girls in red frantically trying to dish out the pre booked meals in the few minutes window they had :)

Hahaha...have to adopt the Blow and Chow...Blow and Chow method...

MH 3 crew now legal if ex station and nobody to sup in after retiming. Theyre really pushing them to the limit.

I was on MAS KUL-BKI yesterday and my flight had 5 cabin crew.

I was on MAS KUL-BKI yesterday and my flight had 5 cabin crew.

Probably SNY crew hence 5 crew which is super rare unless theres new batch in training.

Probably SNY crew hence 5 crew which is super rare unless theres new batch in training.

All 5 of them are already quite senior. All seem to have been with MAS for quite some time.

All 5 of them are already quite senior. All seem to have been with MAS for quite some time.

Still a rare occasion. Could also be senior crew reactivating back after long grounding/MC or long holiday. Longer 738 flights is doable for 4 crew during meal service as the serving period is adjustable. But for flights under 3 hours it can be hectic hence the silly meal box introduction to cut service time. The good ol days of 6 cabin crew on the 737 is no more.

Just had a friend flew on TR post Scoot branding. Basically Jetstar is better in terms of seating and add on cost such as meals and baggage allowance. TR is basically traveling light and no frills add on.

Edited by jahur

MH 3 crew now legal if ex station and nobody to sup in after retiming. Theyre really pushing them to the limit.

3 cabin crew for a B738/A320 operation is only legal if the operator lock one of the 4 main doors & limit the number of pax onboard as per MEL/DDG. It surely can't operate with more than 75% pax load. It is a regulatory requirement and cannot be waived by the operator.

3 cabin crew for a B738/A320 operation is only legal if the operator lock one of the 4 main doors & limit the number of pax onboard as per MEL/DDG. It surely can't operate with more than 75% pax load. It is a regulatory requirement and cannot be waived by the operator.

Yeap thats the one they lock one door n block 2 rows occured on one my friends flight. The company is having rostering problem with people leaving even no folks to go standby have to pull in people with legal off days Edited by jahur

Ah, that explains the recent sightings of senior crew and red kebayas during intra Peninsular flights and short regional hops

Sign in to follow this