MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Roy Chin

MAB on track to get five star Skytrax status

Didn't members here bash MAS in the past for their tacky/cheap "5 star airline" marketing? So what's the consensus now? Get a 5* rating but don't advertise it?

Get it, but don't count on that alone to win customers.

Skytrax ratings are meaningless. Seriously? TG have the best econony product? Ha ha ha!!

I had the worst Y class experience on D7 hahaha (AK even better)

Perhaps they have something like "mystery shopper", but the person is not so "mysterious" in this case. Might even inform airlines they will be conducting evaluation on this flight on this date. So the airline will dish out the best only for that flight.

now this is a new story. interesting!

Didn't members here bash MAS in the past for their tacky/cheap "5 star airline" marketing? So what's the consensus now? Get a 5* rating but don't advertise it?

there is already an excellent platform to advertise y not?

weird that SQ dont do it though

Skytrax could award any number of stars to mh. Most regular pax would judge in comparison with other airlines.

That is why I am SO CURIOUS why EY was awared with 5* but receives much terrible reviews compared to MH

On domestic front, AK has superior inflight meal quality, choice (and quantity) over MH, definitely.

I had a try on their teriyaki chicken & mee goreng mamak and almost throw out. How is that superior meal quality compared with MH...

Meal reviews are highly subjective depending on customer.

Even Michelin starred restaurants can get poor reviews.

No meal, no matter what skyhigh rating they have, can please ALL customers.

So I guess it goes down to mass review comparisons..

In my opinion: AK > OD > MH

When it comes to foreign airlines, strangely I kinda like Uzbekistan Airways meals although they often get poor reviews.

KLM is also high up in my list.

The giants like Emirates is meh.. Cathay Pacific also so so..

Back to MH, I miss the days when I rated MH in my top 3.. prior to the mealbox era. Especially loved their rice+chicken kurma!

They need to bring that back!

Meal reviews are highly subjective depending on customer.

Even Michelin starred restaurants can get poor reviews.

No meal, no matter what skyhigh rating they have, can please ALL customers.

So I guess it goes down to mass review comparisons..

In my opinion: AK > OD > MH

When it comes to foreign airlines, strangely I kinda like Uzbekistan Airways meals although they often get poor reviews.

KLM is also high up in my list.

The giants like Emirates is meh.. Cathay Pacific also so so..

Back to MH, I miss the days when I rated MH in my top 3.. prior to the mealbox era. Especially loved their rice+chicken kurma!

They need to bring that back!

Yes, the chix kurma is still quite tasty and you can still get it these days if you are fortunate. Just order HNML.

Talking about nasi lemak on MH. Sampled one on KUL-BKI this morning, the sambal was extra spicy and definitely the 100ml spritzer was not enough to wash away the pain...

MH's mineral water is not refillable? XD

Edited by Roy Chin

Thanks for the tip!

If you like chix kurma, chix makhani or the once-in-a-blue-month lamb tikka masala in MH economy, HNML is the way to go.

Sign in to follow this