MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Craig

JL Launches SS9II - KUL Inaugural Destination

JL will launch SS9II on 31 July with JL 723 (NRT-KUL) its inaugural flight. Nothing changes in PEY/Y but J is going to get a little denser with new reverse herringbone seats. Configuration will be changed from 44/35/116 to 52/35/116. Apparently the SS9II are new 789s (AFAIK the older 789s will remain in the SS9 configuration).

The SS9II seats are also found in the SS2 configuration serving SIN/BKK/HKG and HNL.

I haven't seen SS9 configuration but I've seen the (similar) SS7 configuration and I kinda like the SS7 configuration. All-aisle access for J pax, very private and no angles to contend with.

Now if only JL will offer a more US/CA friendly flight schedules ex-KUL (similar to NH 815/816) :p

JAL Press Release

87 premium seats, that's a lot... I wonder what is the yield for this route since most people said KUL is low-yield.

87 premium seats, that's a lot... I wonder what is the yield for this route since most people said KUL is low-yield.

JL and NH have premium-heavy configurations across much of their international fleet.

Evidently JL still finds a little bit of value in KUL, but it pales in comparison to the likes of SIN and even CGK with multiple daily flights from NRT and HND.

That's a shame. I really liked the current Sky Suit arrangement, you get a very nice sized foot stool/well area too.

But it's only a 7 hours flight anyway, so not too bad.

I haven't seen SS9 configuration but I've seen the (similar) SS7 configuration and I kinda like the SS7 configuration. All-aisle access for J pax, very private and no angles to contend with.

Now if only JL will offer a more US/CA friendly flight schedules ex-KUL (similar to NH 815/816) :p

JAL Press Release

SS9 is a little less cruddy than SS7 - without the middle seat. But both are superior to SS2 and by extension SS9-2

big fan of the SS7/9/WY product. It's very good - this change not so good :(

Sign in to follow this