MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Craig

MAS New Route/Frequency Application

They really need to return to BNE. The double daily PER flights will be with the 738 only but it makes commercial sense to use them, especially when competition is so high. Having flatbeds on their 737-MAX10 will make them competitive but not with the recliner business seats and the very tight pitch in economy on the current 738s.

Having flatbeds on their 737-MAX10 will make them competitive but not with the recliner business seats and the very tight pitch in economy on the current 738s.

Yes, the current B738s are only OK for 1 or 2 hour flights. Even then, I still avoid flying them.

Currently MH using A333 for KUL-DPS-KUL on MH714/715.If they upgraded it during my trip to Bali last May, I would have used MH instead of OD.

Currently MH using A333 for KUL-DPS-KUL on MH714/715.If they upgraded it during my trip to Bali last May, I would have used MH instead of OD.

KUL-DPS is a high demand route and they are trying to increase capacity. Airasia has two daily flights operated by A330s and one or two flights operated by the A320Neo (6 more seats).

they got excess of A330 as for now due to their A380 are flying Tokyo and Incheon route.

I think that its the opposite - they are short of A330s and are using the A380 on the more premium yielding routes to free up A330s for routes that require more capacity. This is done during periods of peak demand.

they got excess of A330 as for now due to their A380 are flying Tokyo and Incheon route.

They have been using 333 to DPS since late May / early June and the 333 was used to NRT/ICN then.

KUL-DPS is a high demand route and they are trying to increase capacity. Airasia has two daily flights operated by A330s and one or two flights operated by the A320Neo (6 more seats).

Indeed it is. But it'll be back to a 738 for W17/18 due to lower demand (and also the plane is needed for capacity increases to BOM/ICN).

Planned 333 flights according to Bellew include BOM, TPE, CAN, DEL, DPS, 2nd daily to HKG (and BNE but MH can't fly to BNE unless there's a new bilateral in place or MAVCOM forces OD/D7 to surrender their unused seat allocation). Now if only MH can sign/announce the 330 leasing deal sooner. We've been hearing that the deal is going to be announced in a few weeks for a few months now ;)

Edited by Craig

I think that its the opposite - they are short of A330s and are using the A380 on the more premium yielding routes to free up A330s for routes that require more capacity. This is done during periods of peak demand.

Yeah. When I went to DPS in May AK is still using A320. But for DPS-KUL-BOM on XT using A330. Load for DPS-KUL on the A330 was quite full also.

I remember when I flew with MH KUL-DPS back in year 2004, I had option with AM departure B772 and PM departure A330. Of course those days are gone.

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

I remember when I flew with MH KUL-DPS back in year 2004, I had option with AM departure B772 and PM departure A330. Of course those days are gone.

Year 2014, purposely choose B777 to and fro DPS as it was going to be retire. The flight was full both sector. I really miss those thickly padded seats!

MH applied for 3 weekly HGH services beginning FEB18 (in addition to the 3 weekly SUB which will begin DEC17).

In addition, AK/D7 applied for new frequencies to MLE/SUB/FUK/HGH whilst OD applied for new services to KMG and TSN.

If I'm not mistaken, MH used to fly to FUK?

Yes, during its Golden Days, Nagoya and Fukuoka were part of its extensive network, with tagline "flies to over 100 destinations across 6 continents"

Edited by chenfu

MH was the first airline in ASEAN to fly to all 6 continents! They flew to Buenos Aires and Mexico City waaay before any of the ME3 and definitely waaaay ahead of any regional rivals (ASEAN)..

They've flown to Zagreb, Stockholm, Munich, Manchester, Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Beirut, Vienna, Istanbul, Rome, Newark, LAX, Cairo, Brussels, Zurich over the years. Not all at the same time though...

Fukuoka? Nice!!

It's a route application, not firm (yet).

MH was the first airline in ASEAN to fly to all 6 continents! They flew to Buenos Aires and Mexico City waaay before any of the ME3 and definitely waaaay ahead of any regional rivals (ASEAN)..

They've flown to Zagreb, Stockholm, Munich, Manchester, Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Beirut, Vienna, Istanbul, Rome, Newark, LAX, Cairo, Brussels, Zurich over the years. Not all at the same time though...

MH also flew to Honolulu (way before D7 :p)

Unfortunately, these were unsustainable - they were done for political purposes.

But in those days, frequency was not so important. Routes can be flown only twice weekly. Also, one or more stop flights are not a problem.

Vancouver too. And Busan, Dhahran, Karachi, Cape Town, Jo burg, Cairns, Chiangmai, Macau, of course Dubai and other regionals like Ujung Pandang, Padang, Davao, Hatyai, Kaohsiung ... and a few more.

Vancouver too. And Busan, Dhahran, Karachi, Cape Town, Jo burg, Cairns, Chiangmai, Macau, of course Dubai and other regionals like Ujung Pandang, Padang, Davao, Hatyai, Kaohsiung ... and a few more.

Even Busan? Really? Wow!

Sign in to follow this