MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

SilkAir to launch non-stop Singapore-Hiroshima flights

SINGAPORE: The regional wing of Singapore Airlines (SIA), SilkAir, will be launching the first non-stop flight between Singapore and Hiroshima in October this year.

According to a press release on Tuesday (May 30), the airline will launch the service on Oct 30 and it will run three times a week on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. It will be operated with SilkAir's Boeing 737-800 aircraft, which features both business and economy class cabins, it added.

The flights departing Singapore will be at 1.45am and will reach Hiroshima at 9.30am, while those leaving Hiroshima will be at 10.25am, and will reach Singapore at 3.40pm.

More and more airlines like the CASK of narrow bodies and they are getting more and more capable too - so we are beginning to see narrow bodies operate more and more medium range routes these days. These routes also help airlines increase their aircraft utilisation, further reducing their costs and improving their yields.

I was on the MI 738 inaugural flight to KUL, the crew informed me back then B738 was bought purely because it can go further than the A320 they currently have and are available faster than A320neo. Expect Sendai, other secondary Indian and China cities that SQ terminated to be added soon. On debate is Maldives. SQ Group seems to keep it with SQ for now, won;t be surprised if they offload it to TZ or MI soon.

I was on the MI 738 inaugural flight to KUL, the crew informed me back then B738 was bought purely because it can go further than the A320 they currently have and are available faster than A320neo. Expect Sendai, other secondary Indian and China cities that SQ terminated to be added soon. On debate is Maldives. SQ Group seems to keep it with SQ for now, won;t be surprised if they offload it to TZ or MI soon.

Male is already served by MI and TR.

Male is already served by MI and TR.

Thank you for the update. I haven't been following up with SQ Group development much since then.

the 738 cannot make the 7 hour flight not without some payload restrictions, as only the new 737 MAX which Malindo just got can do a 7 hour flight. But even that, then again not sure if I would want to sit 7 hours in a narrow body 737.

Sign in to follow this