MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jani

MAB Negaraku Special Livery

Seeing the flag on aircraft - proud. Reading the political highfalutin accompanying its launch - very sad. Total effect - sad.

Edited by V Wong

Najib took his opportunity to blame his predecessor for MAS failures during the event

They have been under the Umno led BN government since 1972. The current PM has been in that government for many, many years. He is, as a member of the cabinets that he has served in, collectively responsible for the fiascos of the past.

Sounds like the current PM does not understand how this country is administered! Very sad!

Heard 9M-MWD will don it for MasWings.

Moving on... will there be any other planes which will don this livery?

A333, A350 and ATR-72 (Firefly and MASWings).

They have been under the Umno led BN government since 1972. The current PM has been in that government for many, many years. He is, as a member of the cabinets that he has served in, collectively responsible for the fiascos of the past.

Sounds like the current PM does not understand how this country is administered! Very sad!

Nothing I could do but shook my head as I heard that, anyway, the flag is flying backwards, and the wau has been cropped. They messed up the wau again.

Najib took his opportunity to blame his predecessor for MAS failures during the event

For all we know, JibGor could have been alluding to the caterer too :D

When will MWD be unveiled? Can't wait to spot her in KCH.

Should be anytime soon, but expect slight delay due ATR spare part issues. MWD is currently in KUL undergoing heavy maintenance check. This same aircraft will also spot MASwings new cabin interior.

Najib got a solid point over there. Because we all know that MAS started to get bleeding during the 4th PM time. It was a profitable company in the 70s and 80s even when the country was still ruling by BN...

Nothing I could do but shook my head as I heard that, anyway, the flag is flying backwards, and the wau has been cropped. They messed up the wau again.

DCA no longer requires the flag to fly facing the wind, so it's not really flying backwards.

Najib got a solid point over there. Because we all know that MAS started to get bleeding during the 4th PM time. It was a profitable company in the 70s and 80s even when the country was still ruling by BN...

you can blame that to AK, middle east airlines and bunch of other factors that depleted MH's market share

DCA no longer requires the flag to fly facing the wind, so it's not really flying backwards.

It's not about DCA requirement, it's about how it looks. Well to each his own I suppose. Guess it's not really a flag livery otherwise it would've been like an actual flag on a flagpole. What about the severed wau? They've introduced yet another variant of the wau, now there are three of them. At least now it's consistent with the corporate logo, though inverted :)

Pardon my obsession with the wau inconsistency...

It's not about DCA requirement, it's about how it looks. Well to each his own I suppose. Guess it's not really a flag livery otherwise it would've been like an actual flag on a flagpole. What about the severed wau? They've introduced yet another variant of the wau, now there are three of them. At least now it's consistent with the corporate logo, though inverted :)

Pardon my obsession with the wau inconsistency...

4 variants? If we include the A380 all blue wau.

..... What about the severed wau? They've introduced yet another variant of the wau, now there are three of them.

4 variants? If we include the A380 all blue wau.

Would it be branding team at MH has embraced the agak-agak culture whole heartedly ?! :D

The plane still hasn't flown yet?

We are too fixated with the wau... Just get rid of it lah, if it is so difficult to get it right. Afterall, it is already a toxic brand image with the two plane disasters.

Use something better, like Bunga Raya (national flower), or the hornbill... Or we can simply just use a stylised national flag like the BA tail...

Come to think of it, this negara ku livery with a bunga raya tail would look quite attractive!

We are too fixated with the wau... Just get rid of it lah, if it is so difficult to get it right. Afterall, it is already a toxic brand image with the two plane disasters.

Use something better, like Bunga Raya (national flower), or the hornbill... Or we can simply just use a stylised national flag like the BA tail...

Come to think of it, this negara ku livery with a bunga raya tail would look quite attractive!

Getting a new brand for the airline could backfire. We havent even bring in to Lion Group's messing with batik and malindo. The old OD c/s works well but Lion scared of OD being associated with its OTP and management decided to roll it to Batik's branding but seeing it now it got even worse. Its wearing Batik color but operates like Lion Air dissociating itself from the premium travelers when the 737Max came in. As for MAS Negaraku livery i dun think flag livery would ever work on a fuselage of a plane. Take SQ A380 for example it didnt look nice at all. The flag has to be in different design and not feature stripes or certain colors for it to look good on a plane which unfortunately many country flags will not work.

Edited by jahur

Sign in to follow this