MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jani

MAB Negaraku Special Livery

737%20malaysia_zpsakqmeuyo.jpg

anyone remembers this old lady? apparently AK had done it first.

yeah!! i still have the plane model bought from in flight...

From the photo it seems the blue is a lighter shade of the original we see on the flag. Quite nice.

This is better than the retro, but still not quite in the league of the hibiscus or Freedom of space.

Well, they decided on using all blue "malaysiaairlines" italic style as standard. That's a good start. Like this livery.

But can we have a more standardised livery?? Adding this will have four or five liveries flying around at the same time....

Why can't MAS follow the proper convention for the Malaysian flag... i.e. the head facing the head of the aircraft instead of terbalik on the starboard side.

Maybe that's why the fortune is bad for MAS thus far!

wish they could have included all the state flags or emblems & Malaysia flag into the design.

far cry from the very memorable Hibiscus livery.

Why can't MAS follow the proper convention for the Malaysian flag... i.e. the head facing the head of the aircraft instead of terbalik on the starboard side.

Luckily mab is a GLC and CEO is a farang else some "patriots" would cry for treason for insulting the flag. Edited by KK Lee

maybe because we are less patriotic?

Maybe because that is the proper convention for aircraft and vessels for starboard side.

Maybe because that is the proper convention for aircraft and vessels for starboard side.

yes... that's why I ask the question, why MH dont follow this convention at all!

maybe because we are less patriotic?

Luckily mab is a GLC and CEO is a farang else some "patriots" would cry for treason for insulting the flag.

My take is that the rich and well off bunch can do whatever they want and the last thing on their card is being patriotic.

Only the poor suckers are the patriotic bunch who are being brainwashed to being patriotic in order to keep them in power. Anyway off topic.

Maybe just remove the crescent and 14 pointed star. A bit like TG, but with red and blue.

thats a very very good idea bud!It will make it more pleasing to the eye and not to much to take on. Also the crescent and the stars are already there on the flag next to the word negaraku,so no need to repeat.

In the latest June GP mag, Bellew said that one A330 will wear this Negaraku livery from July.

There is already one A330 in the hangar today. Maybe that will be repainted?

In the latest June GP mag, Bellew said that one A330 will wear this Negaraku livery from July.

Goodness sake man, there are many days, 22 to be precise (more or less really) before July dawns upon us

Plenty of time in between to just pull one of the remaining flying birds in for a slap dash of new paint

Many of the redundant mega-whales resting about available to take up the resulting slack anyway

So why go messing about with serious business of scheduled maintenance ?! (eh, assuming that A330 was in the hangar today as scheduled previously) :)

Edited by BC Tam

Well, I can say. Nope. it's on C check.

See, see ?

(not that I have the faintest clue what an A check, nor D check, nor Z+x check entails) :D

Can you say more? like when or which frame will adorn the flag livery?

It also assumes what Bellew said in the mag is still accurate. He did wrongly say within the same article that the model given to Najib was an A333.

Can you say more? like when or which frame will adorn the flag livery?

It also assumes what Bellew said in the mag is still accurate. He did wrongly say within the same article that the model given to Najib was an A333.

Had friends who involved with the maintenance work and we had some talk about it. As for now, there's no plan for painting yet and shockingly, they never heard of it, out of the picture. The crews are catching for deadline which Tango Charlie should be out before Raya celebration to cater for peak season. Add on, Tango Kilo will make a short one week visit to base next week for the same reason.

fav30k.jpg

Well that's interesting if the folks who may be doing the painting knows nothing about it. You can pick up the June GP mag from any of the seats and read what Bellew said!

Judging from Mr.Bandit statement, seems like MH's A333 fleet is running on very tight schedule, hope the A332 fleet will arrive soon to relieve some pressure. I always think 15 A333 is really not enough for MH operation.

Judging from Mr.Bandit statement, seems like MH's A333 fleet is running on very tight schedule, hope the A332 fleet will arrive soon to relieve some pressure. I always think 15 A333 is really not enough for MH operation.

It was enough when they had the B777s but when these were quickly retired in panic, the pressure on the Airbus aircraft became greater. Now that MAB is expanding their services, the widebody deficiency became very clear.

Perhaps MAB should consider delaying the retirement of the A380 in 2018. It should retain 4 frames for the LHR service and pass the other two to the charter operation. That way, the new A350s can be used on routes previously serviced by the B777s.

Sign in to follow this