MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

MAB to Lease 6 Ex-Air Berlin Airbus A330-200 Aircraft from February 2018

My flight on October 1st is an A332 from KUL-HKG. So HKG is a destination.

So far HKG, BKK, KCH and BKI are 9M-MTU and MTV's destinations.

I suspect May 05, 2018's flight to BKI (MH7042 and MH7047) were GE14 chartered flights.

Edited by S V Choong

Sadly, MTU and V have so far only undertaken a handful of flights since entering service.

I don't think they're operating MH130/131 to AKL either as per that routesonline update, pretty sure it's still A333's.

Indeed, lease for storing plus some dugongs..better rest than fly...

My flight on October 1st is an A332 from KUL-HKG. So HKG is a destination.

So far HKG, BKK, KCH and BKI are 9M-MTU and MTV's destinations.

I suspect May 05, 2018's flight to BKI (MH7042 and MH7047) were GE14 chartered flights.

Army charter for GE14 early voting

MTX (Negaraku livery) schedule to arrive KUL at 1500 LT

They better get rid of the 1 Malaysia logo... Najib isn't around as a PM, might as well just drop it.

I don't think they're operating MH130/131 to AKL either as per that routesonline update, pretty sure it's still A333's.

It seems AKL will only get the A332 from 7 Jun (8 Jun ex-AKL).

With AKL was not in the earliest report destination with these 332, surely there'll be other adjustments for its deployment. And wonder where the 333 will go once its being replaced by 332? Freq. Upgrade maybe

With AKL was not in the earliest report destination with these 332, surely there'll be other adjustments for its deployment. And wonder where the 333 will go once its being replaced by 332? Freq. Upgrade maybe

Hopefully Perth!!

Which is the A332 that is being prepared in Singapore? MTU/V were both done at Zurich and MTX in the Phillipines.

heard that the "new" A332s that are already here are not flying much as there seems to be a shortage of tech crews and hope MAB can resolve this when all the A332s arrives in a few months time.

Today, MTU did MH782/783 to BKK and tonight, it will do MH149 to MEL.

Looks like it is doing sub flights, not flights it is regularly scheduled to perform.

heard that the "new" A332s that are already here are not flying much as there seems to be a shortage of tech crews and hope MAB can resolve this when all the A332s arrives in a few months time.

always saw one parked at the far end of satellite building..seems not being utilised much

Updates from www.airlineroute.net

Malaysia Airlines June/July 2018 Guangzhou aircraft changes

Malaysia Airlines in recent schedule update adjusted planned Kuala Lumpur – Guangzhou service, currently served by Airbus A330-300 aircraft on daily basis. From 25JUN18 to 31JUL18, this route will be operated by a mix of Airbus A330-200 and Boeing 737-800. The 737-800 is scheduled to operate during following periods: 25JUN18 – 02JUL18, 04JUL18 – 05JUL18, 07JUL18 – 08JUL18, 10JUL18 – 11JUL18, 17JUL18 – 26JUL18, 28JUL18 – 31JUL18

MH376 KUL0900 – 1310CAN EQV D
MH377 CAN1435 – 1840KUL EQV D

A330-200 will operate this route on daily basis from 01AUG18. The airline originally planned to introduce daily A330-200 service from 01JUL18.

Edited by kandiah k

332 MTV flew to AKL. Good luck to Y pax enduring the tighter 738 seat pitch.

MH 783 experience in Y :

pitch - can't tell difference between 333, in fact I found the seat to be more comfortable, adjustable head rest better and clutter free in-seat pocket.

IFE - larger screen, better resolution, more responsive touch screen. Had 5 movies, 60 episodes of Western drama, limited audio CDs. MH Select not uploaded yet.

For me, better experience than 333

Edited by V Wong

MH 783 experience in Y :

pitch - can't tell difference between 333, in fact I found the seat to be more comfortable, adjustable head rest better and clutter free in-seat pocket.

IFE - larger screen, better resolution, more responsive touch screen. Had 5 movies, 60 episodes of Western drama, limited audio CDs. MH Select not uploaded yet.

For me, better experience than 333

At least they resolved somewhat the IFE issue. During the first few flights, you get to stare at blank black screens.

Good for you guys with plenty of options. Took MH80/81 twice over the past 9 months. Thank God I am small built. Will do it again if the price is right.

they resolved somewhat the IFE issue. During the first few flights, you get to stare at blank black screens.

I was told a lot of the IFE screens are out of order due to the aircraft being over 10 years old.

I was told a lot of the IFE screens are out of order due to the aircraft being over 10 years old.

Not really out of order is mostly the IFE on Air Berlin a332 are using Zodiac/Thales vendor so mab has to redo the OS and interface. Infact the IFE on the A332 are more fluent and smooth than MAB's Panasonic on the 738/a333.

So the 1st scheduled (AKL) is not even in the 6 initial destinations destined for these 332. Interesting to see the full deployment status later on.