MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

MAB to Lease 6 Ex-Air Berlin Airbus A330-200 Aircraft from February 2018

I think during the 90s we did have this kind of route. It was MH60 for the KUL-KCH-BKI-HKG/TPE on 734.

We had

KUL-KCH-BKI-HKG on A300

KUL-KCH-BKI-SEL on DC10

And,

KUL-KCH-MNL-TPE,

KUL-KCH-BKI-HKG on the B734.

As they are ex-AB, they are not configured for long haul. I believe that MAB is not making many mods to the aircraft. They will serve on the same regional routes as the B738s - so long haul capabilities are not required.

In their former lives with AB they were operated on long hauls to SFO and LAX, which SFO has a flying time of just over 13+ hours.

With the lease return of 6 B738’s -MSC/D/H/I/J, MXP and -MAB/C joining the fleet has actually reduced by -4 frames in strength.

Seems one of the mab A332 in either philipines/singapore will be painted negaraku c/s. Rumor has it that all A330-200 that will be delivered for MAB will be sporting negaraku while no A330-300 will be wearing it. Source from reddit.
28312722_2055286184731087_832720070_o.jp

Edited by jahur

Nice - I think A333s look similar to the A359 in length. So better not confuse people....

Those who can't tell an A333 apart from an A359 probably won't fare any better without the Negaraku livery... Edited by Chris Tan

On the subject of these incoming ex AB A332's have just checked Airfleets which has been updated and it lists the following frames heading to MAB.

9M-MTU cn665 ex D-ABXC currently in SIN

9M-MTV cn822 ex D-ABXD currently in MNL

9M-MT? cn828 ex D-ALPI

9M-MT? cn911 ex D-ALPJ

I'm not convinced this info is 100% correct as I thought 9M-MTU was the former D-ALPI.

On the subject of these incoming ex AB A332's have just checked Airfleets which has been updated and it lists the following frames heading to MAB.

9M-MTU cn665 ex D-ABXC currently in SIN

9M-MTV cn822 ex D-ABXD currently in MNL

9M-MT? cn828 ex D-ALPI

9M-MT? cn911 ex D-ALPJ

I'm not convinced this info is 100% correct as I thought 9M-MTU was the former D-ALPI.

No 9M-MTP?

To complicated for a standard livery IMHO.

Complicated? Hardly! EY's livery is far more complicated.

Agree to disagree. I like the EY because it's different shades of almost the same color - gold, light brown, dark brown, yellow. Anyway it's just my own preference.

Agree to disagree. I like the EY because it's different shades of almost the same color - gold, light brown, dark brown, yellow. Anyway it's just my own preference.

Its ok to like complicated liveries. I like it too.

Qantas uses their A332 for SYD AKL flights up from previous 737 services.The seat backs does not feature Screens but has a holder instead which can fit any camera,ipad and tablets.Then you just log on to Q streaming and access the wide library options of music,movies etc.But yesterday on the flight there was also an I pad in seat pockets for IFE access.

Those are the domestic configured 332 previously with Jetstar correct?

QF used to send some long haul 332 on the SYD-AKL-LAX route. Not sure if they still do that.

Courtesy of Skyliner...

A330-223 c/n 665 9M-MTU ferried 27Feb18 LDE-ZRH wearing rego EI-GFH for paint and delivery.

So it appears the ones in SIN and MNL are not the prospective 9M-MTU as first thought if the info posted on Skyliner is correct.

Airlfeets lists c/n's 665, 822 and 911 are destined for MH.

Skyliner are not always correct because they report these movements very promptly. However, they do correct the info in updates, if the original posting is incorrect.

There already appears to be a delay in the delivery of the first two aircraft. Originally scheduled for February delivery, they now appear to be rescheduled for March-April.

Spotted something different or is it just me. Main page on MH website scroll down under column “travel comfortably”... that IFE screen looked too small even for a A333...