MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
JuliusWong

Malaysia Airlines B737-8H6 9M-MXX skidded off runway at SBW

Stored? Being repaired?

Based on my observation earlier today, there were people working on it. But its too early to say whether those people are repairing it or cannibilazing parts out of 9M-MXX.

Oh, i didnt know that pilots choose to land 'rough' and 'hard' before this incident

ive flown with other airlines with similar types of aircraft what makes MH plane different from the others except for the flying techniques of the pilots??

If the runway is short and poor gradient and loads of pothole like sandakan or kota bharu or theres need to vacate early due to traffic behind, usually they'll do a firm landing (some categorize as hard). It feels like a hard slam to prevent unnecessary floating to bounce or late toucheown. Then there are pilots who love greasers these are the landings you dont feel a thing. But i notice all my rides on the a330, a350, b767, b777s widebodies have been greasers or cushioned landing feeling quite different from the a320 and b737s.

well said

Oh, i didnt know that pilots choose to land 'rough' and 'hard' before this incident

It's all due to MH's cheapness. They didn't get the Smooth Landing package from Boeing, just like how they didn't pay to have good weather on landing. Sad!

It's all due to MH's cheapness. They didn't get the Smooth Landing package from Boeing, just like how they didn't pay to have good weather on landing. Sad!

Like your reply with a dash of sarcasm. Anyone taking the bait?

Sorry can't resist the temptation on this one... it's going to be a low blow.

"It's all due to MH's cheapness. They didn't pay for the flight tracking package.... hence MH370 can't be found. Sad!"

Sorry can't resist the temptation on this one... it's going to be a low blow.

"It's all due to MH's cheapness. They didn't pay for the flight tracking package.... hence MH370 can't be found. Sad!"

We all can't resist such temptation when we see one, but when one goes just a tad too far it becomes a bit distasteful, caveat notwithstanding.

Cheers.

Where is mxx now?

According to airfleets.net, mxx is placed under the written-off column. Awwww....

Still here in SBW; someone managed to snap a photo of her on FB Group "The Spotters" if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby